• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Major Splatoon Leak! Rainmaker Mode Revealed & More! Beware of Spoilers! (Obviously)

Shirma Akayaku

Pro Squid
NNID
Toadette75
I'm not sure if it's been posted here yet, but someone has data mined the game and here's some info from an article:

Splatoon – future weapons, maps, and mode details leaked via data mining

"One person has data mined Splatoon, and uncovered a whole bunch of information about the game. We now know about future weapons, maps, and modes.

As this may fall into spoiler territory for some, we’ll post the details and images after the break.

– 10 maps on the disc
– Only two are unreleased (Camp and Skyscraper)
– 33 unreleased weapons on the disc in some form
– Some weapons have complete descriptors (and may or may not be actually complete)
– Others which have incomplete descriptors (and may or may not be actually complete)

Weapons list:

Sploosh-o-matic – Squid Beakons & Killer Wail
Neo Sploosh-o-matic – Point Sensor & Kraken
Neo Splash-o-matic – Burst Bombs & Inkzooka
N-ZAP ’89 – Sprinkler & Inkstrikes
Custom Dual Squelcher – Squid Beakon & Killer Wail
Luna Blaster – Ink Mines & Inkzooka
Luna Blaster Neo – Splat Bombs & Bomb Rush
Range Blaster – Splash Wall & Inkstrike
Custom Range Blaster – Splat Bombs & Kraken
Rapid Blaster Pro – Seekers & Inkzooka
Rapid Blaster Pro Deco – Disruptors & Killer Wail
L-3 Nozzlenose D – Burst Bombs & Kraken
H-3 Nozzlenose – Suction Bombs & Echolocator
H-3 Nozzlenose D – Point Sensor & Inkzooka
Carbon Roller – Burst Bombs & Inkzooka
Carbon Roller Deco – Seekers & Bomb Rush
Inkbrush Nouveau – Ink Mines & Bubbler
Octobrush – Squid Beakons & Kraken
Octobrush Nouveau – Splat Bombs & Inkzooka
Bloblobber
T_BigBall_Strong01
Triple Bloblobber
T_BigBall_Diffusion01
Bomlobber
T_BigBall_Launcher01
E-liter 3K Scope
Custom E-liter 3K Scope
Bamboozler 14 Mk I
Bamboozler 14 Mk II
T_Gatling_Standard00
T_Gatling_Standard01
T_Gatling_Hyper00
T_Gatling_Hyper01

– There are also Ranked mode game type selection images (see the gallery)
– These are Splat Zones, Tower Control, Rainmaker
– All of the text for Rainmaker is already on the disc, but the leaker isn’t revealing it yet"

Here are the images:

Here's the main source from Twitter:
https://twitter.com/NWPlayer123/with_replies

EDIT: New details about Rainmaker!!

In Rainmaker, both teams compete to snag the Rainmaker.Once you've got it, the goal is to carry it into the other team's base! So as soon as the battle begins, grab that Rainmaker! It's guarded by a shield, though, so you'll need to bust it out first. Once you snag it, head for the other team's base. And be quick about it! If you run out of time or get splatted, the Rainmaker will be dropped.Its shield will also reactivate. The Rainmaker is crazy heavy, so you can't Super Jump while carrying it.Your teammates will have to watch your back! The Rainmaker can also shoot ink like an Inkzooka, so you can clear a path! The closer you get to the enemy base while holding theRainmaker, the lower your goal distance will drop. If the battle ends without anyone carrying the Rainmaker to the goal, the team with the lowest goal distance will win!

Paste bin file: http://pastebin.com/HNkuudWz

EDIT 2: Weapon Descriptions & Images!!

Last edited:

ShinyTogetic

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Maikaru
Switch Friend Code
SW-3468-6485-0599
Oh snap I didn't know they made more brushes I can't wait for those to come out! :D
especially the inkbrush nouveau and octobrush

Shirma Akayaku

Pro Squid
NNID
Toadette75
One thing to note is that the leaker said he wasn't revealing details about Rainmaker "yet". This means that in the future, he'll reveal what Rainmaker is.

Agosta44

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Agosta
In Rainmaker, both teams compete to snag the Rainmaker. Once you've got it, the goal is to carry it into the other team's base! So as soon as the battle begins, grab that! It's guarded by a shield, though, so you'll need to bust it out first. Once you snag it, head for the other team's base. And be quick about it! If you run out of time or get splatted, the Rainmaker will be dropped. Its shield will also reactivate. The Rainmaker is crazy heavy, so you can't Super Jump while carrying it. Your teammates will have to watch your back! The Rainmaker can also shoot ink like an Inkzooka, so you can clear a path! The closer you get to the enemy base while holding the Rainmaker, the lower your goal distance will drop. If the battle ends without anyone carrying the Rainmaker to the goal the team with the lower goal distance will win!

Chocoling

Pro Squid
NNID
Mystical-Tabby
Omg what the kracken is an octobrush?! Some of those future weapons sound cool!

Looking forward to the new levels too - we will probably see them next week if the current track record is anything to go by.
We are so close to finding out what rainmaker mode is! [screams inside]

Shirma Akayaku

Pro Squid
NNID
Toadette75
In Rainmaker, both teams compete to snag the Rainmaker. Once you've got it, the goal is to carry it into the other team's base! So as soon as the battle begins, grab that! It's guarded by a shield, though, so you'll need to bust it out first. Once you snag it, head for the other team's base. And be quick about it! If you run out of time or get splatted, the Rainmaker will be dropped. Its shield will also reactivate. The Rainmaker is crazy heavy, so you can't Super Jump while carrying it. Your teammates will have to watch your back! The Rainmaker can also shoot ink like an Inkzooka, so you can clear a path! The closer you get to the enemy base while holding the Rainmaker, the lower your goal distance will drop. If the battle ends without anyone carrying the Rainmaker to the goal the team with the lower goal distance will win!
Here's the paste bin it was in:
http://pastebin.com/HNkuudWz

Agosta44

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Agosta
Rainmaker sounds pretty awesome to me. The shield will probably be nearly identical to the shield that surrounds the Zapfish in the single player campaign.
Hopefully not. 1 splat bomb breaks it.

Chocoling

Pro Squid
NNID
Mystical-Tabby
only just realised but ... "WiiMarioTitle" - what?
What would that be doing in Splatoons files?

Shirma Akayaku

Pro Squid
NNID
Toadette75
GameXplain has just posted a video on the leak, but I'm sure they are going to do a follow-up since they didn't mention the details on Rainmaker.

MagnaX7

Full Squid
NNID
MagnaX7
The skyscraper looks interesting. In fact, it seems like the perfect home for Squid Beakons due to it's ridiculous size. The height difference might even make it hard to even use the E-Liter.

As for possible strategies, it seems that you can easily go on a straight downward path to the middle (ENGAGE SKYDIVE), so infiltrating the enemy base will require the use of the side-paths and defending them. (Also Octobrush, because it will have Beakons)

And just so you know: Carbon Roller Deco has a Seeker Bomb Rush!!

ChainALM

Senior Squid
NNID
ChainALM
Aw man, all of this looks pretty darn cool.
I'm particularly excited for the skyscraper. If anyone recalls, we actually got a glimpse of it in the Splatfest promo video, so I've been hoping that it would be an actual stage since it's so different to what we're used to.

TheMH

Inkling Commander
NNID
The_MH
I think no one mentioned it yet - the Skyscraper stage is actually part of the Story Mode. Remember when you had to climb up a stage agains Octarian snipers? This was one half of the map with the starting point being the center here. Mind blown when I realized this...

And needless to say this map will be crazy in Rainmaker mode. The hype is on again ^^

V-kun

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
V-kunGX
I think this leak was on purpose to build hype.
Maybe to draw attention away from postponing splatfest haha!

But yea, the hype is definitely on, i look forward to the future content!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom