• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Major Splatoon Leak! Rainmaker Mode Revealed & More! Beware of Spoilers! (Obviously)

Las7

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Las7man
am feeling there gonna be a splatoon direct again.
Nintendo should do a direct tomorrow, because there is going to be videos of everything regardless of what they do at this point.

Best thing they can also do is provide a release schedule as well

Yulka

Inkling
NNID
Yulliya
I'm wondering if all of this stuff that's already on the game file is the content being rolled out weekly until august to keep us interested and sooth the pain of the delayed splatfest with actual downloadable content coming too? I also would really like to see some more clothes/shoes/hair customizations as well. It seems like the inkopolis set up includes some areas that are definitely for shop use. Kind of like what the main street looks like in Animal Crossing New Leaf before you unlock certain shops, they appear to be just unkept building spaces. That way we can have a barbershop to cut our live tentacle hair. And a pants shop. Please God a pants shop.

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Skyscraper + Port Mackeral = 4 hours of not playing.
It is looking like we are getting 3 maps per rotation eventually. Not to mention having multiple game modes each with their own map pool. So you will have plenty of options eventually even if one of the modes has Skyskraper and Port Mackeral.

Funen1

Full Squid
NNID
Funen1
Wow, that's a lot of weapons. Don't know how many of them I'd be willing to try, but more variety in matches can't hurt, I think. I'm most interested in the idea of the Octobrush, not because of the weapon itself, but because that opens the possibility for more Octarian-related content in multiplayer (I would certainly like to see Octolings be playable).

With that said, I'm slightly concerned about how DLC will be handled. Like are those all the maps we are getting forever? Because the number of weapons have me concerned seeing as I could easily see those added across months.
The Splatoon Direct back in early May had a section talking about stages that would be released after launch. Three of the "slides" had pictures (Camp Triggerfish, Kelp Dome, and Bluefin Depot), but there were also six that were blank. We know Port Mackerel and the skyscraper level are two of them, so that most likely leaves another four stages at least, assuming they weren't just "padding" that section of the presentation or something. It's possible the data for any new maps or weapons might be added with another patch down the road, which could explain why we only found data for the ten stages we already knew about.

**Cris**

Inkling
NNID
DoctorWh0
S
I'm not sure if it's been posted here yet, but someone has data mined the game and here's some info from an article:

Splatoon – future weapons, maps, and mode details leaked via data mining

"One person has data mined Splatoon, and uncovered a whole bunch of information about the game. We now know about future weapons, maps, and modes.

As this may fall into spoiler territory for some, we’ll post the details and images after the break.

– 10 maps on the disc
– Only two are unreleased (Camp and Skyscraper)
– 33 unreleased weapons on the disc in some form
– Some weapons have complete descriptors (and may or may not be actually complete)
– Others which have incomplete descriptors (and may or may not be actually complete)

Weapons list:

Sploosh-o-matic – Squid Beakons & Killer Wail
Neo Sploosh-o-matic – Point Sensor & Kraken
Neo Splash-o-matic – Burst Bombs & Inkzooka
N-ZAP ’89 – Sprinkler & Inkstrikes
Custom Dual Squelcher – Squid Beakon & Killer Wail
Luna Blaster – Ink Mines & Inkzooka
Luna Blaster Neo – Splat Bombs & Bomb Rush
Range Blaster – Splash Wall & Inkstrike
Custom Range Blaster – Splat Bombs & Kraken
Rapid Blaster Pro – Seekers & Inkzooka
Rapid Blaster Pro Deco – Disruptors & Killer Wail
L-3 Nozzlenose D – Burst Bombs & Kraken
H-3 Nozzlenose – Suction Bombs & Echolocator
H-3 Nozzlenose D – Point Sensor & Inkzooka
Carbon Roller – Burst Bombs & Inkzooka
Carbon Roller Deco – Seekers & Bomb Rush
Inkbrush Nouveau – Ink Mines & Bubbler
Octobrush – Squid Beakons & Kraken
Octobrush Nouveau – Splat Bombs & Inkzooka
Bloblobber
T_BigBall_Strong01
Triple Bloblobber
T_BigBall_Diffusion01
Bomlobber
T_BigBall_Launcher01
E-liter 3K Scope
Custom E-liter 3K Scope
Bamboozler 14 Mk I
Bamboozler 14 Mk II
T_Gatling_Standard00
T_Gatling_Standard01
T_Gatling_Hyper00
T_Gatling_Hyper01

– There are also Ranked mode game type selection images (see the gallery)
– These are Splat Zones, Tower Control, Rainmaker
– All of the text for Rainmaker is already on the disc, but the leaker isn’t revealing it yet"

Here are the images:

Here's the main source from Twitter:
https://twitter.com/NWPlayer123/with_replies

EDIT: New details about Rainmaker!!

In Rainmaker, both teams compete to snag the Rainmaker.Once you've got it, the goal is to carry it into the other team's base! So as soon as the battle begins, grab that Rainmaker! It's guarded by a shield, though, so you'll need to bust it out first. Once you snag it, head for the other team's base. And be quick about it! If you run out of time or get splatted, the Rainmaker will be dropped.Its shield will also reactivate. The Rainmaker is crazy heavy, so you can't Super Jump while carrying it.Your teammates will have to watch your back! The Rainmaker can also shoot ink like an Inkzooka, so you can clear a path! The closer you get to the enemy base while holding theRainmaker, the lower your goal distance will drop. If the battle ends without anyone carrying the Rainmaker to the goal, the team with the lowest goal distance will win!

Paste bin file: http://pastebin.com/HNkuudWz

EDIT 2: Weapon Descriptions & Images!!
so rain maker = capture the flag

Chocoling

Pro Squid
NNID
Mystical-Tabby
assuming they weren't just "padding" that section of the presentation or something. It's possible the data for any new maps or weapons might be added with another patch down the road, which could explain why we only found data for the ten stages we already knew about.
In bits and peices we have seen sections of other maps, one of them is a town similar to Arowana Mall.
I'm pretty sure the maps forum has all the future info you need. There's like 27 maps in the game according to their research.

Crucifigo

Pro Squid
NNID
Crucifigo
except it's not "capture the flag" per se, it's more "push the enemy's base." Spawn campers are going to love this mode.
it makes me think of the cart mode in tf2 where you're shoving a bloody big bomb towards your opponent-

wait
rain
rain maker
are we drowning our enemies in a flood of rainwater what the **** squids

Superjustinbros

Pro Squid
NNID
AozoraJustin
Quick Question, did they add a link to where you can get images of the currently-existing Gear, like how they have the Dropbox folder for weapons?

Shirma Akayaku

Pro Squid
NNID
Toadette75
Okay, so I edited the weapons page and fixed a couple things. I fixed the unviewable images, and I found the 2 missing images for the Range Blaster and the Custom Range Blaster, so you guys can go check it out if you'd like.

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
except it's not "capture the flag" per se, it's more "push the enemy's base." Spawn campers are going to love this mode.
It's another type of CTF, I've seen it in other games before. Usually called Reverse CTF when you take it to the enemy base, and it can easily go together with having a single flag in the middle of the map (in fact I think it makes more sense for neutral flags to work this way). As I mentioned above, I know TagPro has this exact format for example.

Smashwidget

Full Squid
NNID
Smashwidget
it makes me think of the cart mode in tf2 where you're shoving a bloody big bomb towards your opponent-

wait
rain
rain maker
are we drowning our enemies in a flood of rainwater what the **** squids
I assume there's an animation at the end of the match where the rainmaker covers the entire map in the winning team's ink.

Superjustinbros

Pro Squid
NNID
AozoraJustin
Halo had a gamemode which does seem like a Reverse CTF scenario (which is what Splatoon's Rainmaker is shaping up to be). Each team got their own bomb, and they had to run over to a stand located on the opposing team's side, place the bomb, and have it detonate. The only difference is that both teams get the object they have to use on the opponent's base, while here it's an object placed in the center of the map. There's also the Extrication gamemode from Halo 4.

...Man I've referenced Halo lots of times on this board.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom