--MAJOR SPOILERS-- Remaining Unreleased Weapons

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Yeah Ink Saver Main is better if you can afford the slots, not only to help make sure you can shoot after throwing a Wall, but also to help make sure you can readily throw a Wall to begin with and shortly after using one, so basically it helps keep your main weapon from interfering with your Wall output, if all that makes sense. I'd only use up to 3 mains though since dimishing returns is a thing. After 3 mains (or 2 mains 3 subs) you'll only get 1 extra slosh per main instead of 2. This is my full loadout that I plan on using with it.

:head_ncp001: :ability_inksavermain: | :ability_inksavermain::ability_inksavermain::ability_inksavermain:
:clothes_tes008: :ability_inksavermain: | :ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:
:shoes_sht006: :ability_specialsaver: | :ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery:

That amount of Ink Saver Main is just enough to give the Slosher 20 shots, so hopefully I shouldn't have ink efficiency issues especially with the Ink Recoverys.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Yep only one at a time again. =/
But hey, this means the Slosher Deco should be very soon!

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose
I believe they only drop 2 at a time if we go a week without a weapon. So, I believe 1 a week is to be expected until something else comes up and we go a week without getting a weapon.

With that said, Hell yea, a significantly inferior Heavy Splatling. . .
Why couldn't they give Kraken to the Vanilla Heavy Splatling? Sigh. . .

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
I believe they only drop 2 at a time if we go a week without a weapon. So, I believe 1 a week is to be expected until something else comes up and we go a week without getting a weapon.

Gonna have to disagree with that. While Point Sensors aren't as good as Splash Walls, they're still a solid sub, whereas the Inkstrike is very underwhelming in general and especially compared to Kraken. There's also some synergy between Point Sensors and Kraken, as the former will not allow the enemy to hide from the latter. Plus having the Kraken ready means you can freely move around and get aggressive without much worry, and thanks to the range on this weapon you can sit back playing defensively until it's charged. Also with Point Sensors as it's sub it wont have to worry about Ink efficiency as much.

MakesDream

Inkling Cadet
NNID
ToastMiller

walls are dead, though. point sensors is something the splatling was begging for.

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose
Walls are most certainly not dead. . . The nerf was not enough to make them nonexistent, as I'm sure you have seen by the very prominent .96 Gal and .52 Gal.

As far as the Point Sensor + Kraken, that is the only redeeming feature. Sadly. That's nice, I'll admit, but, as you say it allows it to be more aggressive, I see it as more of a defensive thing. Because the last thing the Splatling wants to do is put itself close to the action. Kraken isn't exactly and offensive tool like it used to be anyways. Point Sensors are nice I suppose, but a Heavy Splatling 9 times out of 10 is hanging back anyways, so they should have an idea of where they need to be shooting. Sensor helps for Kraken chasing down the opponent, but I'm not sure it helps the Splatling itself all too much.

As a Splatling Main, I will forever prefer the Wall over Point Sensor. Inkstrike is absolute trash, and I hate it, but, I'm sticking to it for the wall. Wall + Range is still amazing.

It will still be a solid weapon, don't get me wrong, but I don't see myself ever converting to the Deco. If it had a different sub, I think it'd be better. Disruptors would have been pretty sick, lol.

Last edited:

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Walls are most certainly not dead. . . The nerf was not enough to make them nonexistent, as I'm sure you have seen by the very prominent .96 Gal and .52 Gal.

As far as the Point Sensor + Kraken, that is the only redeeming feature. Sadly. That's nice, I'll admit, but, as you say it allows it to be more aggressive, I see it as more of a defensive thing. Because the last thing the Splatling wants to do is put itself close to the action. Kraken isn't exactly and offensive tool like it used to be anyways. Point Sensors are nice I suppose, but a Heavy Splatling 9 times out of 10 is hanging back anyways, so they should have an idea of where they need to be shooting. Sensor helps for Kraken chasing down the opponent, but I'm not sure it helps the Splatling itself all too much.

As a Splatling Main, I will forever prefer the Wall over Point Sensor. Inkstrike is absolute trash, and I hate it, but, I'm sticking to it for the wall. Wall + Range is still amazing.

It will still be a solid weapon, don't get me wrong, but I don't see myself ever converting to the Deco.
The main benefit of the Kraken has always been to keep you from dying. That's why you can be more offensive (as in with your main n sub weapon) since the normally higher risk in doing so are mute while you have the Kraken ready. Also yes it can still very much push the Tower and kill Rainmaker holders. I'm not saying you have to use it, only that it holds up well against the vanilla version.

MakesDream

Inkling Cadet
NNID
ToastMiller
Walls basically remove you from the game until you get to recover your ink. so what if you can get off an invincible 5 rounds? Walls are so easy to take down, all you need is range or a sub weapon. And then you can actually punish the wall user. Honestly if the other team has a sniper or js who isn't completely braindead then walls are near useless.

More range than all the shooters should be enough to keep you safe. You don't need to throw out half your ink in the form of a barrier that will be taken down in 3 seconds, especially when your main weapon is already an ink hog.

seakingtheonixpected

Inkling Cadet
NNID
kathrynmc92
walls are dead, though. point sensors is something the splatling was begging for.
Is it really that bad on the Heavy Splatling now? I use it with the .96 Gal Deco and it still does it's job. If a player tries to take it down I can usually kill them before they finish, unless of course they have better range.

The ink recovery time is a bit annoying but I just run :ability_inksaversub: so I can just attack more and only go down for more ink once it's done timing out.

MakesDream

Inkling Cadet
NNID
ToastMiller
Is it really that bad on the Heavy Splatling now? I use it with the .96 Gal Deco and it still does it's job. If a player tries to take it down I can usually kill them before they finish, unless of course they have better range.

The ink recovery time is a bit annoying but I just run :ability_inksaversub: so I can just attack more and only go down for more ink once it's done timing out.
maybe I have a false idea about how bad they are. I play the cjs a lot. and whenever I see a wall I just laugh. Honestly if anybody sees a wall they should back out of the .96 range and throw bombs.

the thing about walls is you can't really use them offensively anymore. they work great as a defense. any invincible time does. but you can get punished real hard if you try to play walls aggressively. So ig my biggest issue is that the splatling is already such a defensive main weapon, wall just seems like a waste of ink. wall still works on the .52 (and ig to an extent the .96) bc the .52 is really helped out by a few seconds of strategic invincibility. bc of its slow firerate, not amazing accuracy, and bc its ttk is so low the short wall duration isn't that bad.

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose
The main benefit of the Kraken has always been to keep you from dying. That's why you can be more offensive (as in with your main n sub weapon) since the normally higher risk in doing so are mute while you have the Kraken ready. Also yes it can still very much push the Tower and kill Rainmaker holders. I'm not saying you have to use it, only that it holds up well against the vanilla version.
I get that. It does allow you to be slightly more offensive, for a short period of time. The second Kraken ends you're a huge target. If you missed anyone, they're going to splat you. So, you are gonna spend about 2-3 seconds chasing down the opponent and the rest retreating. That's not a bad thing at all, as it will nearly guarantee a kill sometimes. So, yes, it's a great panic button, as it always will be. I'm just not sure if it's worth dropping the Vanilla for it. Walls are just so damn reliable lol.

Walls basically remove you from the game until you get to recover your ink. so what if you can get off an invincible 5 rounds? Walls are so easy to take down, all you need is range or a sub weapon. And then you can actually punish the wall user. Honestly if the other team has a sniper or js who isn't completely braindead then walls are near useless.

More range than all the shooters should be enough to keep you safe. You don't need to throw out half your ink in the form of a barrier that will be taken down in 3 seconds, especially when your main weapon is already an ink hog.
Well, uhm. . . No one throws up a wall and then sits behind it to recover ink. Good luck taking down a wall AND a competent opponent just out in the open. I have never known a Wall to not do its job. Ever. Let us not forget Walls protect from Krakens as well. Charging and shooting at it to keep it at bay is not going to cut it. One full charge doesn't protect you from the Kraken, so charging another equates to a splat. So, you throw up a wall, and get the hell out of there.

If you really think the wall is "dead" there is two explanations. . . You aren't using them right, or the opponent isn't. Splash Walls are still absolutely amazing.

Btw, the Splatling does not out range all the shooters (i.e Jet Squelcher, and .96 Gal, splattershot pro, and Dual Squelchers aren't far off). Mind you blasters exist too. They protect you from ever form of bomb . . . The list goes on.

Point is, Walls are still amazing.

You've been seeing .96 Gals.? I always relish when I see them; such an underrated weapon.
Yea, .96 Gal Deco. . . Show me a Tour without one and I'll start believing in miracles.

seakingtheonixpected

Inkling Cadet
NNID
kathrynmc92
maybe I have a false idea about how bad they are. I play the cjs a lot. and whenever I see a wall I just laugh. Honestly if anybody sees a wall they should back out of the .96 range and throw bombs.

the thing about walls is you can't really use them offensively anymore. they work great as a defense. any invincible time does. but you can get punished real hard if you try to play walls aggressively. So ig my biggest issue is that the splatling is already such a defensive main weapon, wall just seems like a waste of ink. wall still works on the .52 (and ig to an extent the .96) bc the .52 is really helped out by a few seconds of strategic invincibility. bc of its slow firerate, not amazing accuracy, and bc its ttk is so low the short wall duration isn't that bad.
I've never been a fan of aggressive Splash Walls anyway. Why use a Splash Wall when you can just kill them?

Now predictive Splash Walls is a different story, if I know an enemy is about to jump me you better believe I'm laying my wall down!

MakesDream

Inkling Cadet
NNID
ToastMiller
if you have problems with all those weapons outranging you a wall isn't going to help at all. js eats through walls like they're paper, same for chargers, now. also blasters are amazing at taking down walls. half of them have a bomb now, and if they do it's one bomb and one shot. not to mention they can usually aoe over/ around your wall.

you don't need to throw a wall to escape a kraken even with swim speed as long as you don't swim in a straight line a kraken will never catch you, also pretty sure one kraken attack eats a wall too, not sure on that though.

Walls will only save you from incompetent players who don't know how to deal with them.

I've never been a fan of aggressive Splash Walls anyway. Why use a Splash Wall when you can just kill them?

Now predictive Splash Walls is a different story, if I know an enemy is about to jump me you better believe I'm laying my wall down!
team support is probably the single best use for the wall.

curry time

Senior Squid
NNID
NobleCactus
Even if you're fighting a skilled opponent, creating an escape for yourself, then throwing a wall out in the open is not a bad idea at all. They have less health than they used to, but your opponent still has to respect the wall's presence and the mindgames that it creates. Walls are still strong when used offensively, just not annoyingly so like pre-patch.

In any case, Kraken is quite a boon for the Heavy. Notably, you'll be able to save it for those moments when you get jumped by someone while you're still charging up.

Last edited:

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose
I said nothing about having problems with those weapons. I simply said they out range the Splatling. What part of "you're not going to get to just take my wall down" do you not get? No one throws a wall and lies down belly up. . . They're going to take you down while you try to take it out, force you into a corner, flank you from a different location, or you're going to get out of there. Either way, the Splash Wall has done its job. It's as simple as that.

You're right, you don't need to throw up a wall to get away from a Kraken, but if you don't have swim speed up, and they do, they can catch you. A Splash wall stops them in their tracks and gives you a way out. And no, it takes two Kraken attacks to take down a wall. That is a decent chunk of time. More than enough to get your butt out of there. AKA, the wall has done its job.

And That is not the ONLY time a wall will save you. Lol, you are so sure of yourself, it's adorable. There is a reason there are so many Splash Walls up in tour matches man. . . If you know what the hell you're doing with your wall, you should not be going down first. Simple as that.

Blue24

Inkling Commander
NNID
bluebomber2425

Its def the CSJ talking. Before i mained CSJ i hated walls and Port Mack. After I mained CSJ, walls mean little to me and Port Mack is one of my fav maps now.

Yellowkirbyguy

Senior Squid
If the Heavy Splatling's role is to plant itself in key areas and defend the heck out of it, I think i'd want a point sensor to let my team know someone's trying to break the defense or someone is trying to flank my team from behind, that way i don't have to spam "Nice" at inconvenient times like letting my opponents know i've been downed trying to defend our territory/their flanks etc , when in fact they just grabbed the rainmaker, and think that i was just praising them.

So in this way the Heavy splatling Deco is like, a team oriented defensive scout with a deadly attack? Point sensors aren't ink hungry so throwing them randomly sometimes will help you out and let you know who's coming and hopefully, you should have an easier time to take them down because you know where they are, aiming should be a bit easier etc. If not there's always the kraken. That's how i see it.

I can see cold blooded giving this weapon a hard time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom