• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

[Mar 19, 2016] Kraken Kup Tourney (Jonamiibo)

SwimShady

The REAL SwimShady
NNID
Manfers
Being that there aren't any other Tournament Officials for this tourney, I'm going to log my complaint here and maybe it'll be seen/acknowledged by somebody.

I am extremely upset by how my other captain was treated today. We signed up last night, and were the last team to sign up. Aristeia had some plans earlier in the day, but he made sure to rush home so that he would be there in time for Kraken Kup to start, only to come home to a message saying that our team might be kicked from the tournament due to there being an odd number of teams.

First: There was nothing in the post or rules stating that if an odd number of teams signed up, the last one to sign up would be kicked. This would have been nice to know in advance.

Second: There are easy ways to run a tournament with an odd number of teams. The easiest way would have been to just change it up to a round-robin style tourney. Problem solved. Personally, I feel teams should not ever get kicked from a tournament based solely on number of teams signed up.

So after a bit, my other captain got the message that our team was kicked from the tournament. We're bummed, but whatever. THEN, he gets another message saying that a team dropped out so we could play. So we get 4 people together, we get ready to play, and then Aristeia got ANOTHER message saying that the team that had previously dropped out had rejoined so we were kicked again.

Since when did one team have precedence over another? If they backed out willingly, and we were told we could play, why should they be able to say "oh nevermind we can play" and then our team get kicked for a second time? For the record, I don't know which team dropped and came back and I have no hard feelings towards them. This is purely an issue I have with how the tournament was run.

On top of all of this, rather than outright telling Aristeia that our team was kicked for the second time, he was continuously kicked from the tourney discord when he was just trying to figure out what was going on. I popped into the discord, pinged Jonamiibo and asked whether we were playing or not and never received an answer.

This is absolutely NO WAY to treat a team or their captain. I am extremely upset that my captain was treated so rudely and since there is no one but Jonamiibo to complain to (and it's obvious he doesn't care to handle things properly) the most we can do is reside ourselves to not entering anymore tournaments hosted by him.

It's unfortunate that we had to make a decision like that, as we want to participate in as many tourneys as we can to improve and be a part of the competitive community. But we value our time and our pride much more. I'm also upset that a post like this even needed to be made, but I felt it was important that how we were treated be known.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom