• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

[Mar 26, 2016] S&F x Mr. Rare - Cost Restriction

scarth

Senior Squid

About

This event takes place on the 26th of March.
This tournament features a cost system in which a team is given 100 points to spend on creating their team from a list of weapon costs. Players are required to select their desired weapon at time of registration and must use this single weapon throughout the entire tournament.

Prize Pool
1st Place -

2nd Place - Immunity from @everyone

Costs List and Rules
This tournament has a unique ruleset in terms of weapon selection.
Each team is given 100 points to spend from the costs list below. Upon registration, each team must elect which weapons each of their players will be using, with a total cost of less than or equal to 100 points. These weapons may not change at any time during the tournament; teams caught using different weapons than those selected during registration will receive a warning and will forfeit the game (not round) that this occurred in. If this happens 3 times, the team will be disqualified. The way these rules interact with disconnections is detailed below in the Sub Rules and Disconnection sections.

Cost list can be viewed here.
There is an issue with the list; Splash-O-Matic is listed as both 15 and 18 points - The true cost is 18.

If you need anything on your roster changed, please PM Scarth or fat via Discord and we will rectify this when possible.

Time/Date
26 March, 1pm EST start. Check in will open 2 hours before the start of the tournament. http://www.timeanddate.com/time/zones/est

Format
Double elimination seems to be the player favorite, so we'll stick with that.

The bracket can be viewed here: http://challonge.com/sfxmrcr

Map Selection
Coming soon.

The following system will be used.
  • First 3 maps are randomly generated with TO tweaking but follow the pattern of SZ-TC-RM
  • If the set is not decided after the third game, the losing team gets to choose the gamemode and map for the fourth round
  • If the set is still not decided, the team that previously didn't get to choose gets to do so now
  • If one team isn't universally better than the other team, the set will not end before the 4th game
  • This means every team will get to play the preferred mode twice every set
  • For the Grand Finals and Bracket Reset, it will work in the same way. After the first 3 games, the losing team will select a map/mode combination, then the losing team after each game will take turns selecting a map/mode combination
For the Grand Finals and Bracket Reset, the same map/mode combination may not be played twice, regardless if it is selected by player or decided by TO.

Sub Rules
Teams are not permitted to sub players between games or rounds. However, if a player disconnects, and continuing to play is unfeasible due to power outage, internet issues etc, a team will be permitted to make one sub per round. If such issues persist for the disconnected player, the sub player will be allowed to play on between the rounds. The sub player must use the weapon of the player he is replacing.

Communication
Communication will be done via Discord before the tournament and on the day.
https://discord.gg/0fAmYNQFcREgcfTV

Disconnection
If a player disconnects, each team is allowed one remake per round. Evidence must be provided.
In the event of a remake, teams are expected to have the same choice of weapons.

Hosting
The 'lower' team on the Challonge bracket may choose who hosts.

Registration
Registration will be handled through the following Google form: http://goo.gl/forms/My68xMDdMy
You can view the currently registered teams here: https://goo.gl/DDQaOq
Registration closes 10 minutes before the start time. If you need something on your roster changed, please PM me here, on Discord, or post here with what team you represent and what changes you would like made.

Huge thank you to Mr. Rare (@rare_scarlet) for development of this format. Mr. Rare has successfully run two editions of this tournament for Japanese players. I have acquired his permission to run this tournament for a western audience, so hopefully it proves to be fun. I would also like to thank his English speaking friends for assisting with translation and communication between us.
Special thanks to TSB and JFG (Peace be upon them), fat, Weeablues and Katsuie for support and format work.

Please note due to the slightly more complex nature of this ruleset that rules may change. Please check back before the tournament start to ensure you are familiar with everything.

Last edited:

scarth

Senior Squid
A donor who asked to be left unnamed ("I do not want any credit for it") has created a spreadsheet to better display the costs. Thank you Anon.
It can be viewed here.

Pluto_99

Inkling
NNID
DJBRUH_99
I have a soccer game at 1 EST and we do not currently have enough players to fill that spot. Are my team and I able to play later or will my team have to forfeit?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom