• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

March Global Splatfest: Knights vs Wizards

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Hello sleepy forum!!

The SplatoonJP and independent Splatoon News twitter accounts have reported that next week (15th~16th) the next Splatfest is going down!

And for a special bonus, if you use wear the knight helmet and shoes from the Octoling boy amiibo or the witch hat and shoes from the Octoling girl amiibo, your Splatfest tee will be reskinned to match!

Code:
https://twitter.com/SplatoonNews/status/1103988707625975808

Cephalobro

Man, I really wish I wouldn't side with Pearl in any Splatfest, but I guess this is the first time I have to side with her. I just prefer knights overall, they are cooler than wizards. Sure, wizards have long lifespans, but what's a long lifespan worth if it gets boring after a while? Plus, my D&D character is a magic wielding elf knight.

RocketsTail

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2874-2863-4789
Didn’t see this thread but I’ll just repost my comment. This is gonna be so lopsided. No one on my friends list has picked Knight so far. Considering the people who Splatoon appeals to, Wizards seem like the obvious choice. I personally like Wizards better but I might pick knights just to get quick lobbies and no mirror matches.

Fabrunette

Full Squid
NNID
Fabrunette
Switch Friend Code
SW-8140-7460-1544
I've only seen dozens of wizard people, and just a handful of knights so far. Interesting.

SacredWarrior

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
SacredWarrior88
Switch Friend Code
SW-5006-3355-6621
Team Knight for me :) The only people I see picking Wizard are Harry Potter fans :P

DJ Particle

Senior Squid
NNID
DJParticle
Switch Friend Code
SW-0728-9987-8856
Wizards are cooler simply because they have the power to bend the laws of reality and physics to their will. You can't beat that. ;)

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
So the nifty extra feature of changing the Splatfest Tee to match your headgear and shoes was a bit of a bust; I rarely saw anyone on either team making use of this. On the other hand, it DID make it a bit easier to get to royalty status because of the extra synergy we received for matching clothes. -And in reality it was just a marketing ploy to unload the unsold amiibos.

I went 17-7 for Wizards, so all in all a pretty successful Saltfest for me.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I've seen a lot of people in full wizard gear but no one in knight gear. Curious...

Fun fest with a pretty good Shifty. It's obviously going to be an easy popularity win for wizards, but it always was.

Absolutely Absol

Pro Squid
I've terrible beginning for me (I had lost first battle of 10x and most of my losses had DC teammates) so I have 17-14 in 31 battles for Wizards. Though last two battles were 10x I've won.
I've seen some players wearing Knight armour but no Wizards for me. Hmm.

DJ Particle

Senior Squid
NNID
DJParticle
Switch Friend Code
SW-0728-9987-8856
Marina is now 9-2 for the Clout era (among all regions)

Marina's winning teams:
Retro, Koshian, Treat, Pocky Ultra Slim, Save It, Villains, Friends, Waffle, Wizard

Marina's losing teams:
Guacamole, Tsukkomi

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
I wished more people used the outfits too for the synergy bonus.

Was at a con all Saturday--came across a random smidgen of Splatoon cosplayers--so I had to speedrun in under the last three hours. After two hours I only needed five wins to hit royalty within the final hour... but that's when teammate competency nosedived off a cliff in low tide.

Splatfest ended with me short of one victory. =T

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom