• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Mario sunshine leak is fake heres the guy that made it

toadster101

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-0022-0027-5937
Knew it was fake as soon as I saw the Amiibo. Even Nintendo isn't that greedy. I don't know what people gain from doing this.

LancerStaff

Inkling Cadet
Knew it was fake as soon as I saw the Amiibo. Even Nintendo isn't that greedy. I don't know what people gain from doing this.
Assuming Mario was a boss and not some alternate gamemode, they've put worse behind amiibo. A completely unique playstyle for Link in HW, an entire gamemode in MP10 (although the game was bundled with an amiibo), and even here in Splatoon they gave us equipment with non-aesthetic advantages and several minigames across three amiibo.

And as Artsy Omni has proven, people gain internet fame and interest in their other art.

TimpaniGamer

Full Squid
NNID
TimpaniGamer
After Omni's stuff, it wasn't hard to tell that this was fake, but at least this video saying so was pretty funny.

PlateProp

Inkling
Assuming Mario was a boss and not some alternate gamemode, they've put worse behind amiibo. A completely unique playstyle for Link in HW, an entire gamemode in MP10 (although the game was bundled with an amiibo), and even here in Splatoon they gave us equipment with non-aesthetic advantages and several minigames across three amiibo.

And as Artsy Omni has proven, people gain internet fame and interest in their other art.
The amiibo is no better than any other two star gear dude. Stop cryinabout it

shane3x

Full Squid
I'm all for fake leaks just because these days the only way to make it believable at all is to create a new custom render of a high quality, anything less gives it away. I loved sunshine, and a new HD render in a custom pose is always a plus.

Aura

Infiltrator
Kids these days... They'll never learn. Never see a leak as legitimate until you hear it from the horse's mouth. And not that horse from that one commercial, I mean the dude who made the game...

Yeah.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Sure it is. I don't think other Nintendo characters will ever be playable in Splatoon. Their outfits for the squids is way more likely.

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
I don't understand why so many people want FLUDD and Mario in Splatoon so badly. I see enough of Mario and friends everywhere already. Can I have this one game where he isn't in it?

GamingWarthog

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
GamingWarthog
Fake leaks are just annoying, mainly when everybody falls for them. Since nobody was stupid enough to fall for this one, this is more 'oh right that was a thing' than 'but it was totes legit?1>!'

shane3x

Full Squid
I don't understand why so many people want FLUDD and Mario in Splatoon so badly. I see enough of Mario and friends everywhere already. Can I have this one game where he isn't in it?
Nintendo for better or for worse is embracing the cross-branding culture, where all their IP no longer live in a bubble. Splatoon will not die or become Maritoon because a level, gear or a weapon from a game thats like 13 years old gets added. More content is good.

For those who know of Sunshine, its a fun little thing. For those who dont know what sunshine is, its just more stuff.

CrazyDude

Pro Squid
And it wouldn't be logical anyways...I mean Mario did the opposite in Sunshine...he cleaned the dirt with water while you color the ground in Splatoon

shane3x

Full Squid
And it wouldn't be logical anyways...I mean Mario did the opposite in Sunshine...he cleaned the dirt with water while you color the ground in Splatoon
A little creative license would be needed of course =p

LancerStaff

Inkling Cadet
The amiibo is no better than any other two star gear dude. Stop cryinabout it
Not crying about it but due to how brands effect equipment it has a unique advantage. For example, if you wanted three sub skills that aren't effected by brand on the other options, it would be the ideal equip. Instead of having a 2/35 chance to obtain a single skill that isn't effected by brand, it would be a 2/32 or 1/16 chance. If you're gunning for three then it widens the gap.

RoyLee

Inkling Commander
NNID
InfernoUprising
Like others have said, if you can't do better than Artsy Omni, then it is most likely fake. Would be cool if it actually happened

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Where's the video?

JuddTheCat

Inkling Cadet
I never believed the leak was real. I don't want any Nintendo characters in Splatoon. I want Splatoon to be it's own series with no Mario in it. This should be a fresh series with no help of any other nintendo character in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom