• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

[May 28, 2016] LazySplaTourney *JOIN NOW!* (Splatoon)

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
A question; may seem dumb, as I'm very new to Discord so the answer could be obvious. Is the purpose of the Discord server here purely for quick information transfer, or is it ultimately intended for the randomly-matched teams to communicate within themselves by voice chat, as well? If this is going to be a generally voice-less tourney (save for anyone streaming their own games, I guess), it'll work for me.

SaddenedJoy Ü

Inkster Jr.
NNID
sachein
A question; may seem dumb, as I'm very new to Discord so the answer could be obvious. Is the purpose of the Discord server here purely for quick information transfer, or is it ultimately intended for the randomly-matched teams to communicate within themselves by voice chat, as well? If this is going to be a generally voice-less tourney (save for anyone streaming their own games, I guess), it'll work for me.
it's good with communication for splatoon players, most tournaments are held on discord so it's highly recommended. questions are never dumb xD

Just.Gravy

Inkling
NNID
OtakuBoat24
I've realized that the day of the event, I won't be able to use discord (I do have an account though) Will I still be able to participate, or are the players required to use discord?

SaddenedJoy Ü

Inkster Jr.
NNID
sachein
I've realized that the day of the event, I won't be able to use discord (I do have an account though) Will I still be able to participate, or are the players required to use discord?
first things first, Welcome to SquidBoards dude! this is a great place for splatoon hangouts, tourneys, etc. but sadly entries are full so you cannot join. :(

Just.Gravy

Inkling
NNID
OtakuBoat24
first things first, Welcome to SquidBoards dude! this is a great place for splatoon hangouts, tourneys, etc. but sadly entries are full so you cannot join. :(
I've entered and joined already, earlier last month. I should already be in it? I only recently discovered that I won't have access to a computer or anything on the day of the event, so I wanted to see if I was still eligible to compete despite not being able to use discord.

Also, thanks! This place seems like a great place to get into some competitive gaming. I can't wait to see what there is to offer here.

SaddenedJoy Ü

Inkster Jr.
NNID
sachein
I've entered and joined already, earlier last month. I should already be in it? I only recently discovered that I won't have access to a computer or anything on the day of the event, so I wanted to see if I was still eligible to compete despite not being able to use discord.

Also, thanks! This place seems like a great place to get into some competitive gaming. I can't wait to see what there is to offer here.
so you entered a month ago, the thing is discord is were major rules and things are announced, i'm sorry, you also, even if you can't come, you have to add people, like your team mates, if you do that before this Saturday (day of tourney) then you are eligible ;) hope I answered your question

AGENT4643

Full Squid
NNID
@SaddenedJoy Ü
I applied the form, I tried to join your discord link but it said it got expired. Please update the link and let me know when it is so. You can send me the link in Discord, better.

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
I applied the form, I tried to join your discord link but it said it got expired. Please update the link and let me know when it is so. You can send me the link in Discord, better.
Uh, bad news... the tourney was three days ago. @SaddenedJoy Ü never changed the title of this thread, but you can see, very subtly, in his first post that the date got pushed a week earlier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom