• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Mechanical Exploits & Competitive Tips Compilation

MrL1193

Inkling Cadet
That Bluefin Depot video reminds me of something else I discovered that you can do there, though I'm not sure it's useful. I don't have a video of it handy (because I haven't played while Bluefin was in the rotation lately), but I can try to describe it for you guys.

So you know how the two sides in the middle are separated by water? At each end of the area, there's a recessed wall area over the water, right between the inkable walls that you would normally use to climb up to the top area. (You can see it on the left side of the screen in AnchorTea's video.) You can actually use that wall area to cross over to the other side, provided that you're willing to spend the time inking the path. You need to ink the wall on your side next to the gate fairly low down (so you can jump to it), then ink a path up and over the gate and around to the top area of the wall on the other side, right up against the vertical pipe that's supposed to block you from dropping down on that side. (Spoilers: It doesn't.) You'll also want to ink the wall just below ground level on the other side so you can make the following jump.

So remember what I said about that vertical pipe not actually blocking you? The reason you can get around it is that you actually have a lot of height to work with here. Swim up fairly high on the wall next to it, and then simultaneously press down (directly away from the wall) and jump. This will allow you to clear the pipe and move sideways around it in the air. You should then be able to stick to the wall just below ground level and climb up onto the other side.

Again, I'm not sure this is useful, but unlike the Kelp Dome fence jump, this trick is actually not very difficult once you know the inputs needed to jump around the pipe.

aceofscarabs

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Crossposting from the Flounder Heights map thread:

BEHOLD, a neat way to sneak around that part of the sign.

Also, a scary jump into the enemy half.

Power

Inkling Commander
I was going to make a topic, but this seems like a great place to post my stuff: Now many of you might already know of this stuff, but I haven't really seen many recorded facts within the competitive forums, just several people stating their experiences (not disregarding it) We seem to lack recorded data/evidence for everyone to see and not just hear it through word of mouth. (I know we have the raw data which is great.)
Note: these aren't really bugs or mechanical exploits, but interesting things to note, along with the fact that we don't really have many things within this topic. (Also don't know where else to put em.)

Hopefully this lays to rest some Q's and brings up some new ones.

Killing someone mid Superjump:
It seems to be impossible, take a look at this...
Conclusion, Mid super jump deaths are probably from lag.

Flounder Heights Shenanigans:
Is :ability_swimspeed: X3 really necessary?

Bluefin Depot:
3k Scope extra range + Left to right Zone crossing

Misc. Stuff
:bubbler: / :killerwail:
Blackbelly Fail Wall

PROPOSAL:
Edit: The inkzooka idea was garbage lol. Didn't realize how minimal of a push it actually gave you.

I forgot gifs were a thing, oh well. I guess the uploads serve to be as an archival function.[/spoiler]

I might work on areas where the Scope variants of snipers extra range legitimately comes into play.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom