Meet The Team: Captain Edition Part 2!

Aristeia

Pro Squid
NNID
Sifo33
What's up, fellow Whiprays!

Here is my intro post and picture for your viewing pleasure. Irl my name is Anthony, but not even my mom calls me that so really it's just Tony. 21 yo until I am 22 yo, I grew up in a suburb of Cleveland, OH and now I live in Berea where I go to Baldwin Wallace University. This is my fourth year of college but I still have one more year left because I sort of suck at being a student, but I'm in here to one day teach English so take that as you will.

I've always loved stories, storytelling, and general imagination-tapping things, and I attribute part of that to the creativity of Nintendo's game design which I have been submersed in since I was 4 yo. (Also you get 3 Super Fun Tony Points if you've been mentally saying the word "yo" every time I abbreviate "years old"). The first video game I ever played was Super Mario World, and my favorite game of all time is Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door.

I'm a pretty introverted person, but by that I don't mean that I'm shy...just that being around people for extended amounts of time wears me out. I've been told that my sense of humor is one of my fortes, and I think it's a weird combination of JonTron and the dialogue in the aforementioned TTYD. I obviously love Splatoon, even though every fiber of my being tells me that I shouldn't. I usually dislike shooters and super-competitive multiplayer online games, but as per usual I will buy and enjoy anything Nintendo makes. So of course I love it.

When I'm not playing Splatoon, I'm usually buried in schoolwork or reading in my spare time. I used to game a lot more than I do now, but the demands of life are catching up with me and my hobby has been reduced to Splatoon and the occasional big release. (Like the upcoming Pokemon remakes and TP HD...those immediately come to mind). I sort of enjoy watching TV and listening to music, but I don't really pursue either of those as doggedly as I do books or gaming. I also try to write my own fiction on occasion but those ventures usually end in flaming piles of scribbly paper that are only eventually quenched by my tears of inadequacy.

This is a relatively recent picture, I think? I wasn't wearing my glasses at the time and my facial hair now is more of a straight-up goatee than just a bunch of scraggly ****, but you get the gist.
12279160_1022369214451492_8100982848946822547_n.jpg

SwimShady

The REAL SwimShady
NNID
Manfers
For what can these "Tony Points" be redeemed? Is it like the arcade where I can exchange them for Chinese finger traps and tiny flicky frogs?

Because I LIVE for tiny flicky frogs.

SwimShady

The REAL SwimShady
NNID
Manfers
OH MY GOD I WANT BOTH. I don't know what they are or what they do, but I NEED them. Frog finger puppet with racist-level slanty eyes? Tiny mouse-trap type thing that nabs your finger if you flick it? The possibilities are endless...

Lord Lago

Inkling
NNID
Najdorf
Switch Friend Code
SW-6849-6664-1969
Super Fun Tony Points are limited to three (3) per lifetime. You may earn more in the next lifetime.

Aristeia

Pro Squid
NNID
Sifo33
To clarify: your life is reset after the next time I splat you in splatoon. Then you can earn three (tres) (3) more.

SwimShady

The REAL SwimShady
NNID
Manfers
Oh well if that's the case, I'm gonna be swimming in flicky traps and finger frogs in no time!! :D

Aristeia

Pro Squid
NNID
Sifo33
Nope. Each intricately planned distribution of SFT points is separate. Remember, they are not a renewable resource. Once I run out, they're gone.

SwimShady

The REAL SwimShady
NNID
Manfers
Ugh. Is there like a newsletter or a rewards system I can sign up for that will tell me when more points are available?

Aristeia

Pro Squid
NNID
Sifo33
Yes. Actually here at Super Fun Tony Points Corporation we've been discussing a potential newsletter merger with the Watch Me Whiprays newsletter, seeing as our newsletter does not yet exist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom