Metal Gear Sol-Squid: Ninja Squid + Carbon Roller

Hyper Librarian

Inkster Jr.
NNID
ErazDod
I personally like to run one main swim speed up and a couple of subs along with Ninja Squid and Ink Resistance cause I love the mobility along with being able to move without worrying about someone spotting me. I'm still trying to get at least 2 swim speed sub abilities on the Amiibo hair clip, but Spyke isn't being kind with rerolls

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
No, ink resistance is a waste of a slot. Swim speed up is a better alternative.
I think the burden of proof for that statement is on you at this point. Ink resistance is considered one of the best perks in the game.

[EJ]_Locke

Inkling Commander
NNID
EJ_Locke
I think the burden of proof for that statement is on you at this point. Ink resistance is considered one of the best perks in the game.
If you are in a situation that you need to use ink resistance in the first place with roller, you commited too hard to a stupid play. The reason why the perk is so popular is because aiming. Ink resistance reduces distraction from being sprayed by in ink, clearing the screen. The extra movement is nice, but definitely not what puts this perk at the top. Besides, the movement addition is very minor. If you use ink resistance on a roller, you wasted a slot.

HappyBear801

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
HappyBear801
and ninja swim is 100% countered by echolocators,
And Point Sensors. Just saying. I don't main any Point Sensor weapon, but when I play around with one I love throwing it into a bunch of enemy ink that I'm CERTAIN has a Ninja Squid user in it, and then I say "I know you're there. Now try and rush me down. The whole team's coming for ya now.".

PHYTO-1

Pro Squid
NNID
PHYTO-1
ninja squid definitely helps rollers because they are not the best escape artists. it'll take them a few swings to clear a splotchy path for themselves.

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
Is there a way to make this work on Moray Towers? Everything is so ranged oriented there and there doesn't seem to be good flanking paths with the roller.

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
So I tried the Carbon Roller for a stretch in yesterday's splatfest and it worked pretty good even without ninja squid. For about a month now ninja squid was by go-to shirt on everything except long range weapons (splattling and JS), but this made me think of mixing it up a bit. Maybe go straight swim speed with damage up subs? Or quick respawn?

Which reminds me, I think this build really, really needs a few damage up. Two or three subs at least, if not one main.

Before splatfest I was running:
head: Short Beanie - :head_ncp001: - :ability_inksavermain:,:ability_damage::ability_defenseup::ability_runspeed:(needs a reroll)
shirt: White Anchor Tee - :clothes_tes004:- :ability_ninjasquid:,:ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_swimspeed:
shoes: Red Hi-Tops - :shoes_shi005: - :ability_inkresistance:,:ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_inkrecovery:

But I'm thinking of changing this. Not sure I need ink saver either.

MakesDream

Inkling Cadet
NNID
ToastMiller
So I tried the Carbon Roller for a stretch in yesterday's splatfest and it worked pretty good even without ninja squid. For about a month now ninja squid was by go-to shirt on everything except long range weapons (splattling and JS), but this made me think of mixing it up a bit. Maybe go straight swim speed with damage up subs? Or quick respawn?

Which reminds me, I think this build really, really needs a few damage up. Two or three subs at least, if not one main.

Before splatfest I was running:
head: Short Beanie - :head_ncp001: - :ability_inksavermain:,:ability_damage::ability_defenseup::ability_runspeed:(needs a reroll)
shirt: White Anchor Tee - :clothes_tes004:- :ability_ninjasquid:,:ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_swimspeed:
shoes: Red Hi-Tops - :shoes_shi005: - :ability_inkresistance:,:ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_inkrecovery:

But I'm thinking of changing this. Not sure I need ink saver either.
I wouldn't use ink saver for carbon roller, I'd either use damage up or bomb throw, also don't use ninja swim do this http://squidboards.com/threads/squi...alth-swimming-for-non-ninja-squid-users.7885/

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
Yeah, I'm definitely switching to damage up. I had forgotten that I already started using my damage up snorkel mask. I had initially used ink saver in order to better use the ink I had after launching a few burst bombs.

I'm not even sure squidtrotting is necessary. Maybe at high levels, but solo queue or turf wars, people won't be as observant or won't be able to do as much even if they do see you coming or going. I guess it is something for people in the competitive circle to think about though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom