• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Miiverse Petition?!

kunoichi squid

Inkling Cadet
It seems a lot of people I've talked with are really disappointed that the Switch doesn't have Miiverse and Splatoon won't be the same without it. Just to be clear on how lots of people are talking about this and liking this idea, I decided to do a Miiverse post recently and my results were outstanding! (This was my most popular post to date.) Does anyone think we should band together and get a petition started to try and get Miiverse on the Switch? I'd be happy to sign one, but I'm no good at starting one or even wording one effectively. What are your thoughts?

Note to admins: If this is the wrong place feel free to move it. Thanks in advance!

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Historically, have online petitions regarding video games ever actually accomplished anything? No examples come to mind.

vanille987

Inkling Cadet
NNID
777SAS777
tbh, i don't see how miiverse affects splatoon so much.
i mean, the plaza and drawings are nice but never felt like a big part of the game.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
tbh, i don't see how miiverse affects splatoon so much.
i mean, the plaza and drawings are nice but never felt like a big part of the game.
Technically, it kind of IS a big part of the game. Look closely and you'll find spots for Miiverse art in every single stage. The community integration is extensive, that must've been a lot of work in coding and design. Just clarifying.

vanille987

Inkling Cadet
NNID
777SAS777
you got a point in that way actually.
i doubt miiverse will come back,
though it would stupid if nintendo won't implement an 'altarnative'.
a petition would atleast make nintendo know players like the concept, especially in games like splatoon.
you got nothing to lose, but don't get your hopes up.

ndayadn

yeah
NNID
Seabass
http://nintendoeverything.com/splat...ar-single-player-campaign-amiibo-online-more/

About no Miiverse

Miiverse posts worked especially well during Splatfests. As an example, when there was the “Cat vs. Dog” competition, a lot of player posts were sort of like memes. It was almost like a call and response between developers and players. There is no Miiverse on Switch, but Nogami wants to create a similar feature which will generate the same kind of excitement which is created by the interaction between developers and players.

kunoichi squid

Inkling Cadet
I actually found a lot of petitions on change.org but I found this one in particular if anyone else wants to sign. If you see any others that might be worth it or think I should sign, it'd be nice to know.

Tsuchinoko

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Tsuchinoko
I wish Switch in general had Miiverse, it's probably my biggest complaint so far for the system. I'm holding out hope for Splatoon 2 having some posting feature built into the game itself. I would hate to lose that since it gave the game a nice community vibe. All it would need is a built in posting system and allow players to directly respond to someone's post and it would be perfect.

SonnyBlueBalls

Full Squid
NNID
ReaganMcClellan
Even if they bring miiverse back well lose a big part of it. Considering we dont have a touch screen tablet anymore. I only liked miiverse cuz of the amazing art you can find on there.

I guess theres other uses to miiverse, but it looks like nintendo wants people to move towards social media more, probably so that they get a lot of free advertising from it.

Tsuchinoko

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Tsuchinoko
Even if they bring miiverse back well lose a big part of it. Considering we dont have a touch screen tablet anymore. I only liked miiverse cuz of the amazing art you can find on there.

I guess theres other uses to miiverse, but it looks like nintendo wants people to move towards social media more, probably so that they get a lot of free advertising from it.
They should have just evolved Miiverse more and turned it into a Nintendo social network essentially. Now that would have been something, and we see it get the axe instead. The Switch is already a tablet to so they could have totally done this and had people scrolling, posting and sharing on their own social network and I bet that would have been a big selling point for them as a company in general.

SonnyBlueBalls

Full Squid
NNID
ReaganMcClellan
I wish Switch in general had Miiverse, it's probably my biggest complaint so far for the system. I'm holding out hope for Splatoon 2 having some posting feature built into the game itself. I would hate to lose that since it gave the game a nice community vibe. All it would need is a built in posting system and allow players to directly respond to someone's post and it would be perfect.
Yeah. It would of been sweet if they made the switch with a touch screen. I really liked the wii u tablet. Also we could keep our ink strike lol.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
...But, it DOES have a touchscreen. I'm poking at mine right now to navigate menus. Am I missing something?

Tsuchinoko

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Tsuchinoko
Yeah. It would of been sweet if they made the switch with a touch screen. I really liked the wii u tablet. Also we could keep our ink strike lol.
Well the Switch does have a touch screen, but I think I know what you mean as in it being dual screen right?

SonnyBlueBalls

Full Squid
NNID
ReaganMcClellan
...But, it DOES have a touchscreen. I'm poking at mine right now to navigate menus. Am I missing something?
Nope youre not missing anything im just stupid. I dont own a switch and for some reason thought it didnt have a touch screen. No excuse for lack of miiverse now lol.

Goont

Inkling Cadet
NNID
PrankingMaster
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the Switch have a more flat touchscreen ala Smartphones rather than the "sunken-in" drawing tablet-esque screen on the Wii U and DS? I think if one were to use a Stylus on the Switch's screen it'd be a scratched-up disaster. The Wii U and 3DS's screen were much more poor in resolution but could were built with a stylus in mind. They're able to take in the scratches much more than a phone.

birdiebee

Inkling Commander
NNID
birdiebee
Historically, have online petitions regarding video games ever actually accomplished anything? No examples come to mind.
I thought that fan demand drove the development of Majora's Mask 3D following the release of Ocarina, but its likely that irons were already in the fire for that remake alongside the petitions and hype of the community. Hard to know.
Also, never played it myself, but Fire Emblem Fates allegedly implemented same-sex relationships largely due to complaints that Awakening only allowed for heterosexual pairings. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

In any case, both of these examples are based on fan feedback from a game driving the development of its sequel, not necessarily patching in a feature on an existing piece of hardware which was already announced to be retired. While not impossible, don't think any amount of demand is going to revive Miiverse.

Goont

Inkling Cadet
NNID
PrankingMaster
Online petitions are largely ignored from Nintendo's main workforce. They do seem to check /rNintendo, Twitter, and various youtubers for feedback though. The exception is second-party companies. I know Sakurai's pretty plugged in the with the Smash Community, always checking fan response and even hosting his own polls. (Didn't that Reggie petition from a while back result in the marketing of Mii Fighters for E3?)

shani

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
shani_ace
Yeah I'll miss Miiverse too and I don't quite understand why Nintendo discontinued it on the Switch. They're probably using Twitter/Facebook instead, but I think it's one of many wrong decisions regard that platform.

They should have just evolved Miiverse more and turned it into a Nintendo social network essentially. Now that would have been something, and we see it get the axe instead. The Switch is already a tablet to so they could have totally done this and had people scrolling, posting and sharing on their own social network and I bet that would have been a big selling point for them as a company in general.
Exactly! That's how I always imagined Miiverse to evolve. Nintendo could've created its own, child-friendly social network that's also being used by anyone else who still feels young. Miiverse had potential to grow into something big, but instead they letting it die...

Maybe not a big part of the game, but all those posts on the plaza felt like a big part of Splatoon's identity. I always enjoyed reading those Miiverse posts and sometimes ordering their gear (although you rarely got what you wanted).

Goont

Inkling Cadet
NNID
PrankingMaster
To me the plaza reminded me of a older game called Modnation Racers. It also was a "competitive" game (though it never caught on) that featured a free-roam online plaza that showed off the best player's art creation's made in-game. To me these things are what encourage a more creative community. Think of all the fan-art drawn in Miiverse that was done by people who would have never hand-drawn a piece and shared it on real social media. Everyone was, and still is, in on a creative group. It's a fantastic competitive shooter with good visuals, but Miiverse is what encouraged people to get creative with the characters and design.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom