• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Mini Splatling inkoming Tonight!

ShinyTogetic

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Maikaru
Switch Friend Code
SW-3468-6485-0599

Loadout: Suction Bomb and Inkzooka (Tentatek Loadout basically)

Soooo... what do you think about this weapon?
I'm totally stoked about it ^^

Ars Nova

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
creed32
Switch Friend Code
SW-5634-9921-9888
Finally a version of the Splating thats right for me....Until we get Hydra that is;)

Tyrfing

Senior Squid
As a Splatling main I've been waiting for it. While I love my Heavy Splatling, I think that this one will be better in some situations/maps, so I can finally pick between different Splatlings depending on what I need.
Especially the fact that it charges 100% faster than the Heavy Splatling makes me really happy. Inkzooka seems to be a nice trade for the loss of range on this one. Suction Bombs are nice, too, although I prefer having a Splash Wall. But seeing as this one charges a lot faster, Suction Bombs should be a nice trade, too. Especially when you try to get you opponent to move. :)
Can't wait for the Zink-version of this one, too. :D

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Still need to see it's ink efficiency, damage, fire rate, and accuracy, but I think it's safe to say this will be a solid weapon, certainly can't go wrong with that loadout! However that's why I'm actually more interested in the Zink version since it has a completely unique sub n special combination. Personally I haven't used Disruptors or the Bubbler that much so the Zink Mini Splatling will be very fresh for me. They'll certainly be better here than on Blasters n Jr.s since the Mini Splatling has decent range, and they also work well together, with disruptors keeping foes from getting away after you've bubble'd.

Lastly, why only one new weapon? They usually do two at a time. Ahwells!

curry time

Senior Squid
NNID
NobleCactus
How timely. I was practicing the regular Splatling last night and had a lot of fun, except for 1v1s vs. Gals and Tentateks. Perhaps the Mini Splatling's faster charge time will allow splatling users to be a little more flexible in 1v1s vs. those gun. Even if you make a good read on where the Gal/TTK will be, they will still often kill you before you're done spinning up.

What remains to be seen is the Mini's range and spread. Judging from that tweet, the range seems to be just a little farther than a TTK, with the regular Splatling's flat trajectory.

The Zink version sounds like it'll be really fun to play – and very, very annoying to fight.

Last edited:

PK21

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
PuffleKirby21
Yes, I've been wanting this!!!
The Heavy Splatling felt too... clunky? Idk, it this one looked interesting to me. Will definitely use it. :)

curry time

Senior Squid
NNID
NobleCactus
I'm also curious to see if the faster spool timing means the Mini's ink volleys will be much shorter than the regular Splatling's volleys. As in, you'll only be able to fire off a few seconds' worth of ink at max charge.

We'll find out soon!

HappyBear801

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
HappyBear801
How timely. I was practicing the regular Splatling last night and had a lot of fun, except for 1v1s vs. Gals and Tentateks. Perhaps the Mini Splatling's faster charge time will allow splatling users to be a little more flexible in 1v1s vs. those gun. Even if you make a good read on where the Gal/TTK will be, they will still often kill you before you're done spinning up.

What remains to be seen is the Mini's range and spread. Judging from that tweet, the range seems to be just a little farther than a TTK, with the regular Splatling's flat trajectory.

The Zink version sounds like it'll be really fun to play – and very, very annoying to fight.
You know, the normal Splattershot exists too. Just saying. <:\

Smashling79

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Linkmaster3000
As a splatling user myself, I am beyond ecstatic. I'm assuming this splatling will have a quicker charge time but less firepower and range.

ShinyTogetic

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Maikaru
Switch Friend Code
SW-3468-6485-0599
As a splatling user myself, I am beyond ecstatic. I'm assuming this splatling will have a quicker charge time but less firepower and range.
according to this
It has a little more range than tentatek and gal 52 and the charge up and mobility almost rivals bamboozler

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
So I'm guessing this is the equivalent of a Squiffer for Splatlings? It makes me wonder if we'll get an E-Liter 3k equivalent >_>

PS: If there is, don't tell me; I don't want to spoil the surprise ;)

Smashling79

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Linkmaster3000
according to this
It has a little more range than tentatek and gal 52 and the charge up and mobility almost rivals bamboozler
I just hope it will be able to cover turf eficciently. I'm gonna miss dat splash wall though. Saved my butt many times

HappyBear801

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
HappyBear801
So I'm guessing this is the equivalent of a Squiffer for Splatlings? It makes me wonder if we'll get an E-Liter 3k equivalent >_>

PS: If there is, don't tell me; I don't want to spoil the surprise ;)
Yeah this is the Classic Squiffer/Carbon Roller/Splattershot Jr. of Splattlings. There's one that's an E-Liter 3K/Dynamo Roller/Splattershot Pro equivilent, called the Hydra Splattling.

ShinyTogetic

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Maikaru
Switch Friend Code
SW-3468-6485-0599
Yeah this is the Classic Squiffer/Carbon Roller/Splattershot Jr. of Splattlings. There's one that's an E-Liter 3K/Dynamo Roller/Splattershot Pro equivilent, called the Hydra Splattling.
... he said don't spoil it for him ^^;

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Yeah this is the Classic Squiffer/Carbon Roller/Splattershot Jr. of Splattlings. There's one that's an E-Liter 3K/Dynamo Roller/Splattershot Pro equivilent, called the...
I guess you didn't properly read what I said, and neither did I :(

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
So what abilitys are yal gonna be using with this thing? I think run speed will be great here like it is on the Heavy Splatling, then I'ma use special charge ups for more Inkzooka action, (and also because I'll mostly be using special charge with the Zink version) then finally some Ink Recovery so there's less downtime after using a suction bomb.

ShinyTogetic

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Maikaru
Switch Friend Code
SW-3468-6485-0599
So what abilitys are yal gonna be using with this thing? I think run speed will be great here like it is on the Heavy Splatling, then I'ma use special charge ups for more Inkzooka action, (and also because I'll mostly be using special charge with the Zink version) then finally some Ink Recovery so there's less downtime after using a suction bomb.

*picture*

I might just use this set up
works great when I was using heavy splatling so why not right?

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
DOn't use Ink Resist on Splatling, you automatically get it when charging.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom