• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

-Missing- IC Thread: RP Cast Filled

lonelyrollingsquid

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Selfcat
Curiosity got the best of her and, making sure no-one was watching, Kiki quickly snatched up the wallet. She turned it over in her hands, finding nothing unusual on the outside.

She glanced around again, contemplating whether or not to open it. She had felt guilty just for picking the thing up, but she couldn't just toss it back now.
She opened it hesitantly.

Examine: Wallet

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
No more pacing around and chatting up random people; Wade needed to get home immediately. Making sure to switch his headphones in place for a snug helmet, Wade started unlocking his bike from the rack.

He stopped for a moment to look up at the wall. During Splatfests, they always put the voting booths right here, behind the bike racks for some squid forsaken reason, and there were always a pack of inklings trying to convince him to join another side whenever he tried to reach his bike. The mild annoyance had never been enough to stop him from enjoying Splatfest though.

But there hadn't been a Splatfest in a while. Because the hosts went missing.

Wade paused, a constricted breath escaping him. He shook his head. Get home. You've got plenty of time to think about this stuff while you're biking back, he thought.

He hastily jumped on his bike and started pedaling out of the plaza. The 15 minutes needed to bike to his apartment were usually reserved for going over thoughts about the day, like strategies or people he met, but tonight's thoughts already had a different flavor. The weight of the facts he'd just pieced together were starting to sink in.

When the Squid Sisters had first left, he had been like everyone else, a mix of angry and sad that they couldn't tell Inkopolis themselves and yet still hoping the best for their recovery. But a little after that, that gnawing sense of dread that came when people left suddenly...well that might have just been him, but that hadn't been a fun week.

So Wade did what he thought everyone else did, and buried those feelings under inking and turfing and shopping and forgot about it all.

He started pedaling harder. He just felt angry with himself now.

It was painfully obvious that no one knew what was going on and that all these placating messages were just cover ups. Worst and most ominous was that anyone who had tried to get answers now kept silent.

Or had been silenced.

Wade grimaced, the crinkled business card still sandwiched between his hand and the handle bars. Honestly, he really did think Jax was right. He would be better off dropping it. If he got involved, he'd probably end up way over his head and probably... in some serious trouble.

And yet, he couldn't stop. Those words... locked doors; they rang in his head. They gave him a wicked idea that might get him further than Jax, and as long as that flicker of hope remained, this would bother him to no end.

It was ironic where this idea came from. It made him feel sick. The thought of people leaving suddenly, disappearing.... it made his insides knot up with dread.

Mm, Yeah... He shifted gears and trains of thought.

Annie....ANNIE of all people, was now caught up in this secret society carp. He could only imagine her lost and confused and alone---well, not alone since she was probably inseparable from her loudmouthed clown-fish--- but he knew she couldn't have left willingly. Most people wondered why someone so shy would work in retail, but Wade liked to imagine that Annie stayed around Inkopolis for the same reasons he did.

Wade loved every moment he spent in this city, and he liked to think Annie did as well. Loved this city enough to always show up at the store and restock all the hats and pay attention to everyone who walked in, telling them how far they'd come from when they first met. Something more than just work. He wanted to see all of that again, to see Annie back where she belonged.

Wade stopped pedaling, letting the bike coast. He could believe that the Deepview contacts lead to nothing but dead ends, but he needed to see and hear that for himself. As soon as he got home, he had his work cut out for himself.

Go to: Home

Last edited:

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
@lonelyrollingsquid

Examine: Wallet

As far as wallets go, the make was pretty normal--kelp was pretty in right now. Inside, there were a few different cards, though not ones that were readily recognizable, oddly enough. The first one Kiki pulled out was an odd card that didn't have any denotation on it, green with a single magnetic strip. Odd.

Then, there was something that looked like a gift card? But the script was taller than Inkling and Kiki was starting to get a bad feeling about this...

Pulling out the last card, was the ID. It didn't have the standard Inkling ID items, though: Battle ID, Location, Email, Name, Number... no, the only think this card shared was a a photo. This was, without a doubt, an Octoling. Dogtag number, some number, and a symbol indicating rank.

His (he looked like a guy anyway, hard to tell with the enemy species) card's details were hard to make out as they were written in a different language... similar enough in roots to make out numbers, but words--and thus a name--was indecipherable. The rank, though, was something that all Inkling are taught in school. The bubble symbol indicated that this Octoling was... pretty low on the food chain, so to speak.

As Kiki was about to close the wallet--this was a lot to take in--she noticed a piece of paper sticking out of a side pocket. Pulling it out, written in absolutely horrible, child-like Inkling was, "hello please be forgiving the me for wallet inconvenience. dont give turn in really need this pleaseeeee." Underneath that mangled sentences was shellphone number.

Well, it was still probably the right thing to do, to turn in the wallet but...

Kiki, what do you do?

xCoCo

Inkling Commander
NNID
xCelsiusS
She was picky about her hot cocoa – it had to be the just perfect. Not too sweet, or too bitter.
Of course this was only for herself if someone else had made it for her Lili wouldn’t complain; said person had actually taken the time to make something for her and Lili would be grateful.

Today had been exhausting, just like any other day – and thus it was time to unwind. Participating in many ink battles did tire one out after all and it didn’t help that she had to wield a Dynamo Roller of all things! Once she had found one of her perfect and comfortable places to sit in the house, she opened her book and picked up the mug. She gently brought the hot cocoa to her lips – the steam hitting her face.

However, before she could even begin to enjoy her relaxation time everything had gone dark. “What?” The confused inkling glanced around – nearly dropping her mug in shock. Why now of all things? Needless to say, but, it was a bit frustrating. “Hm.” Was the Great Zapfish stolen again? She really hoped not! Lili was of course now curious about the situation… but perhaps there was something she could do to bring the electricity back to her house?

After struggling to her circuit box (and hoping that would fix her situation which it sadly didn’t) – Lili realized the entire situation was futile. Crossing her arms the disappointed inkling sat back in her seat after returning. She wondered just what was going on? The weather was beautiful – in fact it was a clear night. So, then why would the power….? Her gaze suddenly turned to the window for any clues -

Oh.

“The powerline!?” Needless to say Lili was shocked – the last thing she would have expected was a cut powerline. Just what in Judd’s name was going on here? Frowning she narrowed her eyes, this stemmed her curiosity and she really needed more answers. Everything was just…. suspicious. It was quiet around here – nothing like this ever happened. Edging closer towards the window she noticed a inkling under the line. What was he doing there? Didn’t he know it was dangerous?! Despite not knowing the mysterious figure… she was a bit concerned. Should she go down there? Perhaps… it would give her some answers. Her consciousness would not forgive her if she didn’t do something nor would she be able to sleep. Even if it was dangerous... she had to do something! Gulping slightly she took in a deep breath. “Okay, Lili, you’ll be fine.” This was the right thing to do …. Right? Besides other people were there! Grabbing her keys she made sure not to think too much of it, one step at a time.

Go to: Inklings.

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
Onward, then!

Dehnn has been frozen in time. Again. 5magmacubes will receive a second warning and suspension. Until further notice from him, he is not going to be a part of the game. One last warning will result in complete expulsion from the game.

@5magmacubes Please at least tell me if you can't post so I can move things along for everyone else. :l

@lonelyrollingsquid Don't know if you were aware, but you can post actions after the actions: Examine, Attack, Use and Conceal. I responded to the examine above. ;)

@Aykorn :
Go To: Home

Thoughts flicked by one by one in Wade's head. The sisters and disappearances, Annie and secret societies, coverups and Deepveiw, Jax and learning from his gains... it all floated through his head as he biked home to his apartment.

Wade didn't usually stay out this late, so it was interesting for him to see his neighborhood at night. The imposingly tall building seemed sinister in the corona of the dusk-red sky, but really, it wasn't a bad apartment, all considered.

Well, things were well-sectioned out at least. Rooms were allotted their set space--which is to say, things were a little cramped. Still, it was convenient room and board for new battlers coming to Inkopolis to test their skills. Everyone needed a place to stay and there was never a lack of space this way, though always a dearth of room.

A lamplight flickered to life as Wade parked his bike in at the busy little rack in front of the building. There were always at least twelve or thirteen different bikes there all tricked out in their own particular ways to make them stand out from the crowd. He knew the owners of some, but most of them were a mystery... it was a large apartment, after all.

Wade made sure to lock his bike before making the trek up the fourth floor. As the elevator wasn't an option, he had learned from experience that remembering to lock his bike after going up four flights of stairs was never fun. Once, he'd remembered his bike lock four flights of stairs too late and had made the mistake of taking the mechanical menace back down, even though he'd been warned against it. It took an hour and a half for the landlord to come and get him out. Needless to say, it was either dangerous or tedious to forget and from that day forth he'd made a habit of it.

Never again. Never again.

The silly mental anecdote had distracted him from the task at hand for the moment, but when Wade found himself at his door--room 413--it all came rushing back and he became all focus. There was work to do.

@Banshee

Talk: Inkling Boy

As her heart slowed its frantic rhythm, Alga relaxed some against her seat and spoke quietly over the loud thrum of the train's engine.

"That...was me, yeah. How come...?"

Did he just glup audibly? He turned to actually make eye contact with Alga, but failed. His head was turned in her direction, but he kept looking at the ground.

"I, just um," he began, eloquently, "I just wanted to say that you play really well and I... yeah, I just don't, um, nevermind."

"Um, thanks..." It certainly didn't sound too sincere, but Alga meant it. It wasn't often she got compliments, and though they did precious little to bring up her confidence, she appreciated them.

She looked down and off to the side, bringing her guitar case a bit closer when it showed signs of beginning to tip. Should she say something? What to say, though…

The boy noticed when she readjusted her case and it seemed like he wanted to say something. A moment later, it became clear her did because he finally blurted out, "um, what type is it?"

"Type? Ah... It's, um, a custom Krak-on DX85..." A rather rare guitar made by Krak-on, it held a deep tenor in each of its chords suited for her type of taste in music, and was of a high quality one usually couldn't find just anywhere. It was something her father had helped in getting her, and something the both of them had tuned and customized for her needs, and she cherished it as her most prized possession.

"Um..." Alga started tentatively, glancing at him with curiosity in her gaze. "How come?"

"I just... well, I sort of was really, uh, just I'm well..." he kept tripping on his words. "I well, I wanted to know more because it sounded good. I just... I'm not really good at much and I thought that maybe you could, if it's not too much trouble um."

He seemed to be darting around a point that he wanted to get to, but never actually hit it. It was almost as if it was physically painful for him to say the words "I, um, teach... would you teach me? I want to be able, to, um, able to make, uh... nevermind."

That was...unexpected. Staring, Alga opened her mouth as though to give a reply, only to shut it a moment later in indecision. Teach him? To play guitar? Her? But...

"Why?"

The word slipped from her mouth before she could stop herself, and Alga winced noticeably as she hastened to elaborate, "I-I mean! J-Just... Why me? I-I'm sure there others who would gladly h-help... Even guitar stores give l-lessons..."

"Stores do? Um, I would, uh, just, uh. What is a store?" He nervously began rubbing at one of his loose-hanging tentacles and quickly seemed to think better of it. Where he had been rubbing, his tentacle seemed to have gone from a bright red to a paler pink and on his hand was a crimson powder.

"I um... I just wanted to learn. That's all. Um..." This whole time, he'd managed to completely avoid eye contact with Alga.

"...You don't...know what a store is?" Unable to help it, Alga sat up straighter, brow furrowed as she took the shy Inkling in. "I'm sorry, but...? Stores are those places that you buy stuff in, like...clothes and food. Lots of that sort of thing..." Maybe he just had a different name for them...?

He seemed to be getting more and more confused by the minute. "Store? Buy... um? I'm not quite sure I, uh... um..." He started fingering the same tentacle nervously; this time, he didn't seem to even notice that he shouldn't have. The pink changed to cream as he kept rubbing. "I, um, I need to get off!" The next stop came and he stood up quickly, about to leave.

She caught the movement of his hand and narrowed her gaze in on his tentacle as he stood. Her heart lurched in its chest as she took in the color, frantically she stood, reaching out to grasp at his arm on impulse. "Wait, wait!! Hold on, just...! Are you sure you need to leave...?" He was like her, he was like her...!

At the sound of someone yelling, he seemed to stand straight up and obey. He stopped. "Um, I, yes. No? I don't. I do, kind of! I..." The door to the train closed and he walked back to his seat. He sighed. Without any transition, he said, "I... I just... music is nice. I want to learn. That's all."

"I'd never heard someone play a guitar like that. N-never actually seen someone play before. I just... I want to learn to play."

As her heart calmed, Alga flopped back onto the seat in an open display of something akin to exhaustion, letting him go and staring hard at the bit of his tentacle colored so differently from the rest of his head. His words just barely managed to register, and she debated on whether to go along with his choice of topic or to remark upon the odd little color now showing itself against the red. If he got scared, she would understand, but she could show him her own color... But...

Then, an idea occurred, and she sighed. "I'll...I'll think about it. But, you gotta tell me something. Okay?"

"Um? Kay?" He quickly responded. "What?"

She hesitated, biting her lip and glancing to the side, before taking a breath and asking, "Is that... that color there, on your tentacle... I-Is it real?"

"Huh? Yeah? Why?" He didn't seem too bugged by cream color of his tentacle that was becoming more and more apparent the more he rubbed it.

"I was just...wondering. That's all..." Still, Alga couldn't quit staring at the sight. Someone like her... She'd never thought a day like this would come, truthfully.

That’s when the automated system called Alga’s name. She wanted to know more about the inkling and his ink color, why he powdered his tentacles when he didn’t seem to care, why he didn’t seem to know about his ink color. But then she would miss her stop and the full rotation around the station took a long time as did waiting for another train.

She was about to get off when the other inkling said, “w-wait! Aren’t you, um, teach... me…” he pittered off near the end. And Alga felt a little bad just leaving him there, but there was only maybe a few seconds; wait how to get ahold of him again!

“I’ll... think about it. Where can I find you again?”

“Oh, um. Here.” He pointed at the seat he was in and with an odd look, Alga hopped off the train just as the door closed.

@xCoCo [COLOR=#ffffff]I hope you don't mind that Lili lives in a house. This is somewhat important.[/COLOR]

Go To: Inklings

Her mind told her this was reckless. Her heart told her it was the only right choice. Someone might be hurt right outside her own house and if Lili could do anything about it, there wouldn't be anyone dying before her eyes.

Quickly, she pulled on a sweater--it was cold out!--and ran out the door of her house. The closer Lili got, the odder the situation became. She even struggled to even label the situation as "suspicious." Three other inklings stood around the injured boy, one in a red vest, one in a black layered shirt, a last one in a yellow hoodie. All of them wore beanies; handkerchiefs covered their faces. Definitely suspicious.

"--him, he'll be fine--"

"--if he gets--"

"--seen him in worse."

They seemed to be arguing about what to do about the boy when they noticed Lili. Each of their reactions was a little different. The one in the red vest looked to the girl in the black layered shirt. The girl in the yellow hoodie reached into her pocket, seeming to grab for something. The girl in the layered shirt glared at her and snarled, "let's go."

And with that, the three ran off before Lili could get a good look at any of them except the one who was laying peacefully on the ground. It didn't look like he had been electrocuted, luckily. But he was definitely out cold. And there was definitely a Splattershot on the ground next to him.

Lili reached into her pocket instinctively to pull out her shellphone, expecting to call 911. Whether for the cops or the paramedics, she didn't know. But it didn't matter... her phone was out of juice.

Laying on the ground next to her was a boy out cold. ...what do you do, Lili?

@Topazrekerboy Turns out you know Jax--hope you read above.

Evening battles aren't that uncommon for someone as fresh as Rhin Ardongale. In fact, they were becoming an increasingly more common occurrence the more he did it. The more he battled late, the later he went to sleep, the later he got up. The cycle made sense, but it was a vicious one to break.

Not to brag, but Rhin was a pretty accomplished battler for being so young. Adolescence had hit him particularly fast and his inkling form--and thus, battle legality--had come to him before his peers', so maybe it was the fact that he had an extra year's practice up his sleeve that gave him the leg up. No pun intended.

In any case, the lobby was closing down and people were filing out one by one. Rhin was one of the last to reach the counter and turn back in his NZAP 89' to the attendant. He'd been testing it out since Sheldon had put it in stock (really loved it). As he handed back his current weapon of choice, he was approached by a familiar face: Jax Tilt. He was a pretty mean inkbrush user who worked as a janitor... err, sanitation inspector at night. The two had battled on the same team for nearly the whole day and won most of their matches; it was no surprise they traded IDs afterwards.

They fistbumped as they passed each other and Rhin turned to leave when he saw... something. A shadow? Something flitted into the hallway of the Lobby into a restricted area after dark... the weapons locker.

What do you do Rhin?

((To all, but especially Rhin, if you feel I've mischaracterized your character and want me to edit their actions or feelings, feel free to shoot me a PM. I think I'm out of witty things to say here, though. So yeah.))

Reminders:

Posts are Due: Saturday, 1st of August at Midnight
Will be Responded to in GM Post:
Talk [use on people you want to start a conversation with]
Shadow [use this to try to stealthily follow a target. I'll make rolls on whether you succeed or not]
Ink / Go To ______ [use this to travel from one place to another relatively quickly; ink if it's something specific, like a kettle, Go To if it's a general area]
Call [use on a person that you want to call (talk, but when not in the area)--or a item that has a number on it to contact someone you don't know]
Research [some topic; need to be in a library or have access to a computer--shellphones don't count]
Sleep [use this when there's nothing left you can do, logically, in the day]

Will be Responded to Immediately:
Conceal [use this action on something you intend to hide on your person]
Examine/Observe [use on things that you want more details on]
Use [use on things that you intend to use in some way--please specify how you're using it]
Attack [use on people or objects you intend to hurt or break, specify any weapons you might be using]
Search For [use like examine but for things that may or may not be there]

Last edited:

Topazrekerboy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
janspinoy
"Eheh!" Rhin said to Jax "Lemme just grab some of my clothing from my locker! I forgot to um... Get my Dark Urban vest for turf war tomorrow and I always forget to go to my locker so might as well wear it now right? Ok I'm getting it now!" Rhin said as he dashed for the weapons locker.

The second he dashed in there he tripped. The entire room was pitch-black. Rhin spent about two to three minutes finding the light switch. He finally lit the room, but by the time he opened the light, the figure was gone!

Rhin face palmed himself "darn it I was too slow!" He started to go deeper into the room. He went through every row on the left side. "Where did he go?" He whispered to himself as he turned around to see another dozen rows of lockers on the right. "Oh. Well that makes more sense" Rhin said as he went into another row of lockers.

Search For: Suspicious Figure

Last edited:

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
@Topazrekerboy

Search For: Suspicious Figure:

He must have been here just a little while ago... he couldn't have gotten far. Rhin knew that he must have made his way in this direction; the lockers were the only thing that were down the left hallway. There weren't too many hiding options and the figure hadn't had time to leave. Unless he was a real ninja, getting past that one corridor without Jax or him noticing would have been impossible.

The lockers were the first obvious place to check. And which would be more important (if not easier) to check than his own. Entering the correct combination to the electronic keypad, the door swung open slowly and without a sound. Inside was the said urban vest and a number of other useful (and fresh) outfits, his octobrush and inktank... but where was the NZAP?

Closing the door, Rhin looked around the rest of the room. Each of the lockers was locked, as their namesake suggested, so either someone knew the code of one and was hiding in it--with his NZAP!--until he left or he was somewhere else... wait. under the lockers, there was a small enough space that someone in squid form could hide there.

He bent down to check under his locker when he heard the familiar sound of an NZAP being connected to the ink tank. A voice behind him said in a sad, calm voice, "don't move, stay on the ground, or I'll shoot. It doesn't take more than a few shots to kill, as I'm sure you know, and there's no respawn sphere to give your essence form again. I don't want any trouble, but you were getting too close to finding me." Rhin could hear the figure slowly edging toward the doorway.

Topazrekerboy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
janspinoy
Rhin had no idea what to do. He had two choices.

1: talk to the figure calmly and sort out the situation.
2: make a run for the door and tell Jax.

It was a kind of obvious on what Rhin would do.

"Woah woah woah! Your talking to one of the freshest guys in Inkopolis, are you sure you wanna mess with me? Why are you stealing from me and me only? Can't you just like, rob Sheldon's place er something? I mean, why are you targeting me? I'm 14 y'know. How about we just have a nice conversation on you explaining why your stole my zapper, I mean cmon! Tons of other Inklings have my gun, so why steal from me? Or you know, you could just, run away like a wimp and a coward not ready to face a 14 year old. Are you really that scared of me? Becuase you should be. I bet you can't defeat me in turf wars huh? Cuz your a wimp!" Rhin stood up, fake laughing hysterically.

Talk to: Suspicious Figure

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
Turning the key and elbowing the door open, Wade made his way into his apartment. Home, sweet home.

It wasn't crazy luxurious, but that was fine; Wade thought he had done good job of making the place comfy. To be perfectly honest, he was a bit attached to the perks of this apartment, namely the sweet balcony.

The far wall of the narrow apartment was mostly taken up by a sliding door, opening up to a gorgeous view of Inkopolis. The building was just far enough out to enjoy the sight, but not be bothered by the city's glow. The best/worst part of the balcony was everyone on his side of the building had a balcony too. Some crazy stunts got pulled. He'd seen a fair share of people climbing over other people's railing when they forgot their keys, and the inkling living directly beneath him occasionally stuck their head out to say hi.

However, he'd have to pull the dark-ish blue curtains back in place eventually, or else he'd wake up at half past it's-too-early. With his bed running parallel to the balcony wall, sunlight would shine right in his eyes.

In any case, there wasn't much in his place to point out and tour. Kitchen was right as you walked in, Bathroom door to the right, blah blah blah. Wade went straight to the main area, turning on some lights and tossing his bike helmet in it's own cubbie on one of the designated "hat shelves." He desperately tried to keep his hats somewhat organized, which was easy with stack-able baseball caps and sweatbands, but the hats he wore more often were scattered and tucked all over his room.

Pulling out the card, he realized it'd be pretty dumb to take a photo of it now with Jax's additions, but he pulled out his shellphone anyway to save Jax and Deepview's number. Wade had to admit, it was pretty clever to use white-out to write on a black card, but he smirked, wondering if Jax happened to keep other office supplies in his vest, too.

While he was at it, Wade tapped in a quick reminder with the Deepview's address. Now if he lost the card he'd feel less stupid, but if he somehow misplaced his phone there would be no end to that personal regret.

Taking a seat in his swivel chair, he pulled up to his desk, grabbing a pencil and flipping to a new page in a mostly empty notepad. There were some reminders and etches for strategy ideas, but for now he wanted to use it to write down any weird or key phrasing he heard when he called Deepview. A thought occurred to him, that he should possibly write down the date and start keeping track of the things he found, so he did that too, copying down the phone numbers and address again.

He'd have to make sure not to lose this notebook for sure now.

One last thing before he made the call. Not to be paranoid, but he turned the location of on his phone. He figured he could retrace Jax's steps without drawing suspicion, but something told him that he'd be doing a lot more than that.

Giving one last stretch, Wade put his phone to his ear, preparing for a tedious, one-sided conversation.

Call: Deepview number

Last edited:

Banshee

Full Squid
NNID
Laddy-Daddy
Alga looked behind her once she stepped off of the train, watching it ride off with an expression of mild astonishment of her features. That hadn't been an everyday occurance. In fact, it felt more like a dream. To meet someone in the same predicament as she was a rarity in itself, but to have them slip through her after only a scarce amount of time? It felt almost like a dream.

Still reeling from the day's events, she kept her head tilted downward as she made her way through the neighborhood, more out of thought than anything else. The large buildings that once made up the city had been thinned out into a small and tidy neighborhood by the train ride, and as she walked she was able to witness through her peripheral vision as the moderately sized houses passed her slowly by. Large lawns decorated the neighborhood, and roads with the barest trace of blemish twined about the area almost fluidly. All in all, it was a picturesque scene, fit for only the most decent and well-to-do people.

That she was brought up here of all places had been a lucky break.

Alga kept her pace even as she moved down the sidewalk, raising her head and glancing to the right every few seconds as she went until, finally, a familiar abode came into view. She sped up then, trotting down the expansive driveway and through the just as sizeable yard until she reached the back door. Bringing herself inside, the Inkling smiled as she passed by her grandpappy who was currently dozing in his recliner in front of the TV, and made her way towards her room some hefty way across the house. Usually grandmama was about asleep by now, or else she'd have flipped at her being out so late the moment she'd come in...

As she entered her room, Alga set her guitar case down quietly and shut the door behind her, glancing around her room quietly in brief thought. Her bed was large, larger so than most her age had, and while it was neatly made with sheets and pillows of varying shades of green, there was no end to the amount of books and papers littering its surface. All of this she tossed off as she got ready for bed, and as she began to descend into the warmth of the comforters, a quick thought gave her pause.

Kid...or squid?

...Well, she always had preferred being a squid than a kid, even if only just so. And it had been awhile since she'd last done it; the change would do a bit of good.

It was with that thought that Alga took a small breath and began to shift form. She changed, body shifting and shrinking until an average sized brown squid sat on the bed in place of an Inkling girl, and took a quick moment to survey herself. Squid, but it had been awhile since she'd looked like this.

Alga gripped the sheets with her tentacles and crawled under the covers, settling down and curling up comfortably around her pillow, and as she began to succumb to slumber, she sluggishly wondered just what she was to do about the day's events. A hero? Unlikely, but perhaps plausible. A teacher? ...Who knew.

...Maybe tomorrow would better figure things out for her...

Sleep

Last edited:

lonelyrollingsquid

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Selfcat
Kiki stood for a while, reading over the garbled writing and number before snapping the wallet shut. She felt guilty and invasive for reading through it, but it was too late to put it back now. She looked over her shoulder, paranoid, before she realized she was shivering.

She hadn't noticed how time had flown and how cold it had gotten. Gripping the wallet close to her, she began on her way towards the apartment block.

The building was tall and required an access card for each resident so that they could access the elevator. Visitors could punch the number of the home into a number pad next to the lift and could speak with and be given access to the squid living there. The building did have stairs, but they were locked from the outside and typically used for emergency exits only.

Kiki fumbled in her pocket, looking for her own orange wallet so that she could retrieve her card. She managed to pull it out while juggling both wallets and scanned it against the number pad before entering the elevator. While inside she put her own wallet away, but not the odd kelp one.

She was glad that she was alone in the elevator, she felt uncomfortable standing close to strangers and was especially on edge today. The elevator stopped when she reached her floor and she walked diwn the hall to reach the door of her home. She scanned her card again to unlock it and entered.

She began to feel more comfortable the moment she stepped in. The familiarity of her home made her feel relieved, despite the mess. She walked and put the wallet down on the dining room table, deciding to deal with it tomorrow.

Kiki made her way to her room and began to prepare for bed. She still had questions from today spinning around her mind that she had to wrap head around.

Sleep.

xCoCo

Inkling Commander
NNID
xCelsiusS
(Also she lives in a house C: )

Lili was surprised to see other inklings there – were they involved in some way? Either way they were quite suspicious… or maybe she was jumping to conclusions. The incident wasn’t too far from her house, so, it’d be cruel to turn a blind eye, if she did there would be no way she would be able to sleep tonight. Admittedly, she was a bit scared, but Lili couldn’t blame herself – who wouldn’t be? At times like these she wished she had a carbon roller or something stored in her house (for defensive purposes)– worst case… she could run away?

She was grateful for the sweater she had pulled on – it was a lot colder then she had estimated it to be. “Wha…?” The closer she got the more … puzzling the situation was. Lili noticed the three inklings that surrounded the unconscious one, narrowing her eyes. Each wore different clothing, one in a red vest, one in a black layered shirt and the last one a yellow hoodie. What definitely stood out was the fact that all wore beanies and each of them covered their faces with handkerchiefs.

The young inkling couldn’t really pick out what they were saying, but, needless to say she was a bit alarmed at the reactions she got when they turned to face her. “Hey!” Lili called out when they ran to dash off. The young girl was tempted to chase after them, but, she couldn’t abandon the unconscious inkling – could she? With a groan she turned to aid the inkling, puzzled by what the female inkling wanted to pull out of her pocket. What was it? Just what was going on…? As she whipped out her phone to call the cops and paramedics – she realized her phone was dead, great.

Heaving a sigh, she cautiously approached the unconscious male – he was out cold, however, on the bright side he wasn’t electrocuted, there was no saying if he would be alive if he had been. “Uhm… hello?” Well, that wasn’t very bright, what would accomplish by talking to an unconscious male? Taking in a deep breath she knelt down – taking note of the Splattershot – worst case she could grab that if he attacked her.

“Hey! You alive there? Are you okay?” She attempted to shake the inkling awake, poking him as well… hopefully he wasn’t too hurt – if he was what should she do…? She could always take him back to her house to make sure he was uninjured but...

Wake Up: Unconscious Inkling.

Last edited:

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
@Aykorn :
Call: Deepview Number

Giving one last stretch, Wade put his phone to his ear, preparing for a tedious, one-sided conversation.

The phone rang three times before it picked up. A tinny voice responded, “hello and welcome to Deepview. Here, we give only the most professional care as the only Business Consulting Firm in Inkopolis. If you would like to learn more about our services, press 1. If you would like to talk to a business consultant, press 2. If you would like to send in a formal complaint, press 3.” Simple enough.

Wade jotted down Business consulting firm, then tapped the “1” on his keypad.

Almost instantly, the robotic female voice continued, “Deepview is the first and only Business Consulting Firm, based in Inkopolis since 5,610, we have given out customers firm and reliable service for ten years!”

The next ten minutes, recorded voices of supposed representatives from various companies sang the praises of Deepview, though there was something wrong about them all. Like every once in a while a word came sooner than it should have, or there was an odd pause… it seemed almost as if these might have been voice files all pieced together.

Then came the last review, from… Callie? “In our time of need, Deepview really took the plate and “charged in” to solve our problem, isn’t that right Marie?”

“Yeah, Deepview has our deepest thanks! I’d say, on the freshness scale, they’re at least…”

“--11/10;” “--8.36/10” The sisters said in unison. The voice there was completely natural, which made sense. It didn’t take a genius to know that they had only said those two things simultaneously once: during their famous debut of their news program where they reviewed the Tentatek Splattershot, back when the Inkzooka had just been developed.

As far as Wade was concerned, these recordings were now quite obviously fake.

At the end of it all, it looped back to the first message, asking Wade the given questions: to learn more about Deepview; talking to a business consultant; sending in a complaint.

He paused, almost letting the automation re-loop, hesitant to write, but then jotting down 10 freaking minutes of weird reviews, all sound like voice clips pieced together, last review: Squid Sisters, voice clips from debut Tentatek review.

He sneered at what he had just wrote. This was getting faker by the minute. And yet he was worried simply realizing that and writing it down was enough to… clue someone in. Attract trouble. This seemed like something someone else might have caught, but… they didn’t.

Keep going. Next option. He pressed the “2” on his phone, this time putting his phone on speaker. Time to “speak to someone.”

“Please hold while we direct you toward our next available consultant…” cheery elevator music played in the background as Wade waited for, well, someone. Five minutes. Ten minutes. Thirty minutes… “thank you for holding. We appreciate your service.” Back to the elevator music.

It didn’t look like Wade was going to get anyone anytime soon.

Wade rolled his eyes, having enough of waiting. There were cute doodles of splatchargers on the edges of the notebook now. Nice.

The third option still remained, and he was tempted to threaten to sue for the last 30 minutes of his life back or something equally ridiculous, but he decided to hold off for now. The cautiousness and/or paranoia in him was saying that could be this could be an easy way to record his voice. Still, maybe he’d leave a snarky complaint anyway.

He quickly jotted down, No people to talk to/“business consultants” for 30 minutes

Interesting that Annie could talk to a consultant to replace her. Or, she obviously didn’t.

Option 3 sounded like trouble… but he wanted to listen to as much as he could. He suddenly thought of tapping that option just to hear it, then hanging up immediately. He hung up and redialed, pressing in a “3”.

The opening portion of the answering machine sounded again, but Wade skipped it to go straight for the last option. The female autoresponder gave her prerecorded message in the same metallic voice as before; “please describe the nature of your complaint after the tone.”

Wade let the tone ring, and waited a bit, remaining completely silent. He sat intently, spinning around his pencil, hoping there was some message after the complaint time that was worth waiting for.

About two minutes passed when the tinny voice politely noted “our sensors have indicated no vocal recognition for two minutes. Please, state the nature of your complaint after the tone--we apologize for the inconvenience that we’ve committed you.”

Vocal recognition? Wade panicked and swiftly hung up. He sat somewhat frozen.

Was that worth writing down? That the computer was listening, and it wasn’t some timed voicemail? Since when did automations do that anyway?

Wade blinked. Maybe he could have played music to cheat it and keep listening. He shook his head. He was pretty much done now. He’d heard all that he could be bothered to uncover from this phone call.

But was there anything he could do now? The night was young, but maybe it would be more prudent to get some rest. Or more prudent entirely to not deal with all this in the first place. Still... considering what might be at stake.

Annie...

What do you do, Wade?

@Banshee

Alga Sargasso is fast asleep.

@lonelyrollingsquid

Kiki Haught is fast asleep.

@xCoCo

Wake Up: Unconscious Inkling

Her calls to wake him up were in vain.
This guy was pretty much out cold. Lili didn't really know what electrocution looked like, but he didn't seem burned in any way. So was he just sleeping?

Poking him wasn't helping, though it was kind of fun to feel his cheeks move with her touch and she was almost tempted to pinch his cheek like some doting aunt. No wonder they did it... it was so fun!

But enough of that... time to break out the big guns. She started shaking the unconscious boy... if that didn't work well, he's not gonna get up due to any amount of jostling.

Nope, just drool. Wait.

It seemed in her shaking, his handkerchief fell off. Quickly gathering it up, it became clear that this was doing more harm than good. There had to be a better way... something to do...

And what is that, Lili?

@Topazrekerboy

Talk: Suspicious Figure

"Woah woah woah! You’re talking to one of the freshest guys in Inkopolis, are you sure you wanna mess with me? Why are you stealing from me and me only? Can't you just like, rob Sheldon's place er something? I mean, why are you targeting me? I'm 14 y'know. How about we just have a nice conversation on you explaining why your stole my zapper, I mean cmon! Tons of other Inklings have my gun, so why steal from me? Or you know, you could just, run away like a wimp and a coward not ready to face a 14 year old. Are you really that scared of me? Becuase you should be. I bet you can't defeat me in turf wars huh? Cuz your a wimp!" Rhin stood up, fake laughing hysterically.

Rhin could hear the other inkling audibly sigh. "Do you seriously have so much hubris to think that you are the center of the world? There are so many more important things than turf wars and 'freshness.'" He didn't let up the gun, but he kept on talking. Maybe Rhin could use this. "I'm only stealing from you because your gun was put away last so I got your code. Nothing more. Nothing less. Don't be so full of yourself."

Rhin's face suddenly turned serious. "Bruh, I was just joshing you brospeh sheesh no need to get all personal. Besides, you don’t know what it’s like to live in my perspective. You don’t understand. I know there are many others to do other than ink wars, but thats all I have." Rhin said in despair as he looked out the window, as Inkopolis lit up with lights. "My parents abandoned me when I was just little. I had to take care of myself from there on out. Thats why I tried ink battles. I thought I would find some people that would truly understand me...but I guess not right? I just do ink battles to have a purpose here, otherwise im...nothing..." After a few moments of silence, Rhin said one more thing. "Go ahead, take my zapper...I had some interest in the slosher class coming soon anyway..." Rhin said as he tried to bite back so tears from his eyes behind his hair, but the figure didn’t see it.

Didn't see it, or didn't care. "Purpose is something determined by our surroundings, it's true," he said, inching toward the entrance again. And with that, the thief took off faster than Rhin had ever seen someone run. There was a clatter in the hallway and when he went to check it out, there was nothing.

The guy was gone.

The tension easing up, Rhin had a moment to step outside to confirm what was already obvious. The lobby was empty, too… and then came Jax from the office wielding a Tentatek Splattershot with a mounted flashlight. He seemed triggerhappy and ready to take out someone.

“All things deep, Rhin, it’s just you,” he let the gun hang limp at his side. “I thought there was someone else here.”

Rhin hid his stern face very will with his enthusiasm. "Yup! Just me, I just checked out my locker and I changed my mind about getting my vest. So uh...I'll head over to my uh...waddaya call it...’cabin’ for the night. Cya," Rhin said as he exited the tower.

Something clicked in Jax's head and reflected in his face and actions as he picked up the gun again, pointing it at Rhin. "You know, I've been hearing something or someone popping in and out of here night after night. Quiet and stealthy. In and out. I knew someone was here. But I could never quite pin them down." He glared at Rhin, shining his flashlight in his eyes. "You're lying and you're not very good at it bro, tell me the truth, what were you doing in the locker rooms?"

"Crap, this guys a tough walnut to crack" Rhin said in his head. "I was gonna get my urban vest, but then I thought about it and I think I dont need cold blooded for echolocation right? So I was checkin out my weapons like my Octobrush and I was swinging it around for a few minutes, that’s probably the reason why you have or haven’t heard loud bangs- you know I tend to get clumsy right? So I hit lockers sometimes. Then I try the N zap but not literally shoot it tho, I just out myself in a cool pose then blah blah blah blah blah" Rhin was going for a conversation that was so long that it would bore Jax out.

He cut him off in the middle of his blather. "I know the sound of an Octobrush and that wasn't what I heard. I heard voices. I heard two," Jax's eyes narrowed, "we're friends, but you're not giving me much reason to trust you, man."

Rhin started to get stern again. "I know you’re my friend and all Jax, but I don’t have any friends that can truly understand me. Its fine Jax. Nobody was harmed and nobody did any damage, that’s what’s mostly important right? If something happened to me I wouldn’t be here." Rhin said as he started heading for the door and calling it a night.

As Rhin went to try the doors, he found himself sorely disappointed. "I may not understand you," he pointed out, "but I understand simple logic. I have the keys here. I have the duty to understand who's breaking in and report it to the authorities. I have a journalist in me that wants to know the mystery that's going on here. I know you know a part of the truth, and there's no way you're leaving here without telling me who else was here today." Was he bluffing? One way or another, he was persistent.

"I'm not asking for your life story, I'm asking what happened five minutes ago."

Rhin started to get a little agitated. "Look lets just say I let a person have my zapper ok? Can I leave now?"

Jax wasn't ready to let him leave, but he did put the gun in its holster on his back. "Alright..." he pulled out a notebook and a green pen, jotting down notes as he went, "so you give him your zapper--but I know how attached to your weapons you are--which means that he took your zapper. What did he look like? Did he say anything about why he was in here? Anything at all? If you tell me, I'll tell you something nice--maybe a way to get back your zapper. I'll also not report you to the authorities and make sure you're an anonymous interview." Jax was... more obsessed right now than Rhin had ever seen him about... anything.

Rhin felt like he wanted to punch anything at this point. "Ok first of all, I want the sloshers no ok? I like buckets! Second of all I couldn’t really see him, he was in the shadows and third of all, no he said nothing, he said he was here for my weapon since I usually exit the tower last. NOW JUST LET ME GO!" Rhin yelled. He has never been this agitated before, but he was really mad on how Jax was acting. It’s like he was in the middle of a raging storm again. He felt weak, like he couldn’t do anything.

"He said nothing, but he said he was here for your weapon... weapon disappearances..." Jax popped out of his own little world when Rhin had yelled. "Hm? Oh, well, if you're sure. But you know, I was going to check the tracker in your gun to see where it was going. If you're not interested, sure, you can go. I learned what I needed." He walked to the door and unlocked it, jotting notes as he walked away, muttering to himself. "Leave or stay, your call."

Before Jax even finished his sentence, Rhin bolted off. He needed some space to recover for a long while.

((Wow, first GM post I didn't have to add anyone! Welcome to the wonderful world of Skype though. ;P ))

Reminders:

Posts are Due: Tuesday, 4th of August at Midnight PST
Shadow [use this to try to stealthily follow a target. I'll make rolls on whether you succeed or not]
Ink / Go To ______ [use this to travel from one place to another relatively quickly; ink if it's something specific, like a kettle, Go To if it's a general area]
Call [use on a person that you want to call (talk, but when not in the area)--or a item that has a number on it to contact someone you don't know]
Research [some topic; need to be in a library or have access to a computer--shellphones don't count]

Use [use on things that you intend to use in some way--please specify how you're using it]
Attack [use on people or objects you intend to hurt or break, specify any weapons you might be using]

Finally, you can request a Special Action whenever you need to do something unorthodox!!!

Last edited:

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
Wade dragged his hands down his face. Well, now he was thoroughly paranoid. And tired.

Audio edited reviews and listening automation...? He wasn't done with his investigation, but he needed a break. He stood up and grabbed his charger (phone charger), plugging it into the wall outlet. If his phone rang for any reason after this, so help him, he was throwing it off the balcony. Wade was done with anything phone related.

But the call had wasted more time than he had wished. At this point, he might as well change into something more comfortable.

Wade turned his laptop on, leaving it on his desk to grab a T-shirt and brush his teeth. When he returned, he snatched his laptop and notebook, and fell backwards onto his bed , scooting up until he was leaning back against his pillows.

He flexed his fingers, opened a browser and started typing. First things: what... was a business consultant? ...Not that he didn't already know,--it was probably what it sounded like-- but he looked it up to be sure.

Business consultant
From Inkipedia, the free encyclopedia
A consultant (from Latin: consultare "to discuss") is a professional who provides professional or expert advice[1] in a particular area such as security (electronic or physical),management, accountancy, law, human resources, marketing (and public relations), finance, engineering, science or any of many other specialized fields.

That tied Annie and the Squid Sister's involvement together neatly. Could that mean any of the other businesses, or even brands, in Inkopolis could get sucked into this? Wade frowned. Inkopolis ran on it's commercial activities and this was a clean alibi for messing with any of that.

Cool.

Alright, what was there online about Deepview itself? Sarcastic reviews? Conspiracies? Pages of taken down results? Unrelated thing like, deep... views?

How much he would find depended on how long he was willing to stay awake and how little he spent checking new Squidverse posts. Actually, no, that might be a good idea. Annie's disappearance seemed so sudden, but what if she knew something before hand? Maybe her last post had hidden clues to her whereabouts.

What if she had left something, just in case a secret fan had the guts to uncover and track her down? No matter the risk or reward, but still a shimmer or hope to reunite---Wade sucked in a lungful of air and stopped that train of thought. Ooookay, he'd get back to that fantasy later.

If he was going to search Squidverse posts, he might as well check the last thing the Squid Sisters posted, even it he was late to the scene. Truthfully, if there wasn't anything new from Annie or the Sister, that wouldn't be out of the ordinary. These three did have images to maintain. And he did check Annie's profile often enough to notice anything out of place. Not in a creepy way, though.

Deepview, Annie, Squid Sisters.... Time to get started.

Research: Deepview

Last edited:

Topazrekerboy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
janspinoy
Rhin dashed to his little wooden cottage/cabin near Inkopolis and jumped right into bed. He needed A LOT of time to wash all of this out. Once again he let his weakness loose. He lauded down and closed his eyes, trying to forget everything that happend today.

Sleep.

xCoCo

Inkling Commander
NNID
xCelsiusS
((I'm so sorry for how long this took T^T))

It seemed er efforts to wake him up were in vain; Lili couldn't help but put ever so slightly.
This... this was was going to take longer then expected wouldn't it?
The young female inkling let out a weary sigh - shaking her head. Whatever sleep state he was in; it was mostly certainly deep. The male in front of her at been knocked out quite cold - what had caused this? He wasn't electrocuted for all she knew...

ACK! Was he even
alive!? What if he was dead?! In a moment of panic Lili once again looked over and shook the unconscious boy --- he was breathing, right...? So... that at least meant he was just sleeping.. On the bright side she had managed to stop herself from shaking him too hard and giving him brain damage.

"Hm" She glanced at the handkerchief that fell from him before spotting the drool. Now, Lili didn't she contort her face in disgust or snort at him. Shaking her head the inkling used his handkerchief to wipe the drool from his face, he was in a helpless state after all (no matter how gross it was).

It became clear to her that shaking him was not going to wake him up - so, Lily needed a plan B.

Perhaps what she was going to do was a bit mean and she might even feel guilty, but it was one of the few things that game to mind. The inkling glanced around quickly before pulling him farther away from the downed power line - she then rushed back to her house - filled a bucket with cold water and to the best of her ability - ran back to the sleeping boy.

Hopefully this would work - Lili wasn't the best at waking up others.

"Please forgive me, I'm so sorry."

Splash Cold Water: Inkling

((I hope that was okay. If not I can edit or redo this post. I think inklings only "die" in sea water?))

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
@xCoCo Inklings and Octolings die in all water when fully submerged--their bodies are oil-based and their body will dissolve down to their essence. But don't worry. You haven't killed him.

@Aykorn :

Research: Deepview

If there was any information directly related to Deepview anywhere on the web it wasn't apparent.
The Inkpedia page existed and had a nice picture of the building, founding date... but nothing that wasn't already included in the unhelpful recording.

Annie on the other hand had a few more responses. Her Squidder page itself had no related clues--the same dichotomy of posts between her soft voice and Moe's all-caps with no break in the pattern--just no more posts as of today, which didn't say much as Annie didn't post everyday anyway.

What was more interesting wasn't her Squidder, but some anonymous board posts on 3chan. There was a small cult following of each of the shopkeepers in Booyah Base and Annie and Moe were no exception. 3chan was a great place to keep up with the thoughts of those "cults" in all their unfiltered glory. And plenty of them were freaking out.

There were plenty of the: "my sweet anemone where did you go???" threads. Plenty of "miss u (hate you) moe" threads. But there was one thread that kept getting bumped to the top: "Annie and Squid Sisters; USE A PROXY." The opening image was that of the two sisters crossed out with a red "x."

Wade came back with a proxy.

USE A PROXY IF YOU VIEW THIS THREAD THEY WILL FIND YOU

Dunno how long this thread will last so I'll make this quick. Maybe I'm being paranoid, but Annie and the Sisters are both replaced by the same company. I'm sure everyone is aware of the missing Inkopolis celebs. I only have one word for you: Deepview. They are the business the suited men represent and aren't a legitimate business. No web site, but hacked into various companies they claim to have helped: none of them were legitimately assisted. No records of transactions.

They own a building, but if you know where to look, there are cameras everywhere. A personal zapfish sits at the top of the headquarters as a generator. No receptionist. Left a spycam outside of the company to watch entrance. No one goes in. No one comes out.

Do not trust.

Remember the threads about them during the Sisters' disappearance? They aren't archived. But anyone who mentioned them on here without at least basic protection, people I knew, disappeared for a day. When they came back, they had forgotten. Not just the last day, but anything about the Squid Sisters and Deepview.

I'm going to break into the building--Will only meet with those who can find me. Will meet in Octo Valley neutral ground; zone 1. Come armed. I'll wait 2 days.
That screamed suspicious just as much as Deepview did. But if they were right, Op had risked his hide to give this information to the community. But people were rightfully wary. Replies mostly condemned him, not buying into the scam.

There wasn't much else to find--probably taken down. What now, Wade?

@Banshee

@lonelyrollingsquid

@xCoCo A note: do not, I repeat, do not splash water on a person's face if they're unconscious in real life. You could drown them. Inklings are a bit different though.

Splash Cold Water: Inkling

This was going to hurt him as much as it hurt Lili. That isn't to say actually painful--inklings didn't have pipelines to the most common danger to their bodies available on Earth, that is to say actual water.

No they had Watir: water-based amicably treated ichor refreshment--most just called it water though. Actual water was what most called a hazard. Lili bet the naming team spend a long time once they came up with that.
Oil-based drinks are vital to inklings as they are literally made of the stuff--they were just condensed forms that were help together by an essence!

So maybe some cold water would set this inkling straight! Splashing him, though, did little. His body absorbed the chilled beverage and now he was shivering fiercely.

Options seemed to be running low. What now Lili?

@Topazrekerboy

Rhin Ardongale is fast asleep.

Reminders:

Posts are Due: Saturday, 8th of August at Midnight PST

Finally, you can request a Special Action whenever you need to do something unorthodox!!!

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
Wade spent the first few minutes checking Inkipedia, Squidder.... Nothing on either that he didn't already know. The mainstream web was spotless. So scratch that! He knew that the rawest information would be found in the underground rings of 3chan.

To be perfectly clear, he didn't post or frequent these boards, only knew of their existences through Jelonzo-obsessed friends, but he kept up with the gossip in Annie and Moe's cult following from time to time. Things got a little too... heated? Yes, too heated and strange for his liking.

And, oh boy, was the anonymous internet alive tonight. Wade started scrolling through distressed and depressed
threads, all concerning Annie's disappearance. He was inclined to agree with a few of the comments he saw, but he was mostly
astounded by the lack of chill. One thread caught his eye though, and not just his, because it kept bouncing to the top.

"Annie and Squid Sisters; USE A PROXY"

He narrowed his eyes. That sounded exactly like what he was looking for. Typing in a proxy before the web address, he started reading over the lucrative contents of the post.

...The details... were chilling.

Aren't a legitimate business? Hacking companies.... no record of transactions...?

He hadn't read it all yet, but the post seemed to know that it would only be online for a limited time. He grabbed his notepad and started writing down the text, skimming the feedback the thread got. The comments shunned the author for being so skeptical, but after today, Wade was true conspiracy believer.

If this was real, it was connecting all of his previous theories. There was real danger involved with snooping around. He hesitated with the pencil... There were two pieces of paper with proof of his awareness. ...Paranoia dug into him like talons.

But the idea of the notebook would be to convince other people he wasn't crazy in case he needed help. Not to get caught with it.

....He'd just the eat the evidence, if he had to.

Wade shook it off, kept going. Cameras put a damper into his own idea, but the zapfish on the rooftop proved there was something worth looking for in the building. "Do not trust," was simply irony, but the contents of the post got more grim after that.

Wade let his pencil slip from his hands, disturbed. People who merely mentioned the Squid Sisters.... gone one day, then returned without their memories... Like freaky alien brainwashing in real life. He could feel his insides twisting up. Those vanished memories included the Squid Sisters themselves, among other things.

The last few sentences....was a call to arms. This person was breaking into the Deepview building.

Wade tightened hands he didn't know he was clenching. That... that had been his plan, as well. Going in alone, even with his Splatcharger, now seemed like a frail course of action since this person was now assembling a team of sorts.

Could he find this person himself? Octo Valley... That was across the bay. There wasn't a easy way over there within two days. Was there...?

His hands felt numb. Unable to copy down the last passages word-for-word, he settled for quick paraphrases. With nothing else to find, Wade closed everything on his computer, shutting it down and sliding it onto the floor.

Wade sat in the silence of his apartment. The curtains and walls all felt too thin. He felt so vulnerable. He should give this up. He should really give this up.

Wade pulled his knees to his chest. But he really didn't think he could. Not because of pride or valor or any greater good but because... he couldn't forget. He couldn't go back to being oblivious. He knew too much now. Even if he did try to act innocent, the paranoia would make him slip and he'd be caught.

Then he'd be able to forget. And with that... his memories of Annie.

Wade anxiously ran his hands along his hair. He had to do something. Something... anything! His mind was too spent and exhausted to generate any ideas.

He'd have to come up with something, but in the morning. Untying his tentacles, Wade pulled his blankets over him, fatigued and nerves frayed.

....Sweet dreams.

Sleep

Last edited:

xCoCo

Inkling Commander
NNID
xCelsiusS
((Hehe - don't worry. I'm well aware not to do that to real life. I have First Aid and volunteered at hospital ・( ̄∀ ̄)・:*:))

Seriously - was this Inkling in a coma? It seemed like Lili was really running out options here. The young inkling really thought the cold water would wake him up. But...now it seemed he was just lying there.... shivering....

Needless to say she felt a little guilty after that, well, not a little. A lot.

The female inkling wondered what she should be doing at this point. Honestly - it was getting late, and she wanted to sleep. Plus her hot cocoa was getting cold back at home. All she wanted to do was relax ... sure she could grab his Splattershot and find those suspicious figures... but, with her shellphone dead that was not a good idea. Plus, she didn't want to leave this vulnerable boy alone, and Lili wasn't that sort of reckless person anyways.

Crossing her arm and closing her eyes - the Inkling debated with herself - she could always allow him to rest at her house. Perhaps he would wake up on his own? But what if he attacked her? That wouldn't be a problem if she hid his gun would it? Then again it would be quite humorous to leave him there....

But, that wasn't the type of person she was.

With a heavy sigh and a shake of her head (her tentacles bobbing with every move) - Lili decided to take the unknown Inkling to her home.

Go To: Home (Lili's House)

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
Hot damn, I can't believe I forgot my own deadline. xD

Then again, that's my bad. Sorry guys. >_>

@Aykorn :

Wade is fast asleep.

@Banshee

@lonelyrollingsquid

@xCoCo Ahaha yeah hints. If you can, just post the sleep post asap so we can get everyone else back on the field. ;)

Go To: Home (Lili's House)

There didn't seem to be much else to do about it. Picking the inkling up, she brought him to her house and set him on the couch. Was he even asleep? Or was he knocked out cold? ...maybe a coma? Man, that last one would be bad.

Still, whatever it was, there didn't seem to be much else to do about it. Whatever happened might have been his own fault. He was toting a weapon around in public property... a big no-no. But then, this might be serious, maybe even a medical condition... it would probably be prudent to leave this to professionals. But later.

It was late and her cocoa was now lukewarm. The mood had been ruined for reading and now Lili was more tired than ever. Rest seemed like a pretty good option

@Topazrekerboy

Rhin Ardongale is fast asleep.

Reminders:

Posts are Due: Saturday, 15th of August at Midnight PST -- I need to finish finals week

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom