• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

-Missing- [OOC Thread] [Approaching Day Three]

xCoCo

Inkling Commander
NNID
xCelsiusS
Mhm, will be in by the deadline!

@ReedRGale Just a quick question say Lili tries to wake up the Inkling what action should I use?

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
That's... a good question. You can be creative, like "Use: Cold Water on Inkling." Hmm. That's a good question indeed.

Maybe I should allow situational actions on request.

For this specific situation, I am okay with you just saying "Wake Up: Inkling," but it's niche enough that I won't be adding it to the roster, but you can use it for this post. :)

Last edited:

xCoCo

Inkling Commander
NNID
xCelsiusS
@ReedRGale

I'm currently working on a reply if it is not in by midnight you are free to respond to everyone (I don't want to keep everyone else waiting)
But hopefully it'll be in before then. It is up to you

xCoCo

Inkling Commander
NNID
xCelsiusS
Phew! Well, it is done! Thank you for the wait and my apologies for not being on time ;;

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
So a quick question, who here uses Skype? I know Topaz does not, but many of you do and I know that making Skype Groups can be useful for things like this. So, all said, would everyone want to make a Skype group for the RP?

It would mean:

Instant Updates
Instant Snark/Praise from Everyone
I would have all your contact information so i can complete talk posts simply enough

I'll make this only if everyone wants it, though.

Last edited:

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
I really love everyone's characters so far!
Since it looks like we've got the main squad set up I was thinking of drawing everyone's characters?

As I said on Skype, I've got the descriptions to base my sketches off of, but in the mean time, if there are any details about your characters you'd like included, please tell me! I have a pretty anime-ish style fyi.

I might end up posting quick sketches so you can tell me what I'm missing, but what I'd really like to know is what you think your character's eyes would look like, since I mess around with eyes a lot.

In the end, I'm hoping to make a big charcoal drawing or something with everyone for fun. That or maybe a giant pencil drawing. In anycase, my mediums of choice don't really include color.

Also, tell me if you wouldn't like your character drawn, too?

tl:dr
  • I'm drawing people's charactes, beware
  • What small things are missing from the descriptions?
  • What are their eyes like?

Edit: ahaha, I was looking over the descriptions and a magical rule of writing came up. If nothing is specified about what people are wearing, they aren't wearing any kind of pants they're wearing shorts.

Honestly, I think default shorts are the way to go since it lines up with canon, but I'm not the boss of character design.
So yeah. Thought this was funny

Last edited:

SP3CT3R

Full Squid
If somebody drops out, can I fill up a spot? You have NO IDEA how much I love roleplaying and I would love to join this.

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
^u^ I finished some rough sketches of people's characters, if you could tell me what you think!
I drew a full body sketch and then 2 other face/hair variations. If you like certain parts of the variations better, tell me! Feel free to pick apart and matryoshka features. Also, if I seriously missed things or you just don't like something, like I got the body type wrong, I want to know that, too! If you really don't care, cool, I'm going to do whatever I think looks best.

Also, you'll have to forgive me for the blob shoes and thats-probably-an-anchor sort of stuff; I really just wanted to quickly sketch these out.

And xCoCo, don't fret about getting your drawing in! I'm just doing these for fun!

( :0 Also tell me if she's chubby enough or if I overdid it or anything. >.< I'm wirey I'm not always the best at making characters thick.)

(Since yours technically has the least references in terms of clothes, totally tell me fashion details and stuff if you want. I'll include her guitar in later drawings.)

(Okay, so, Rhin's hair variations actually have some significant differences. Lemme explain.
1. is straight up octoling hair
2. is more or less based of of canonical male octolings aka Octavia. I'm more or less leaning towards this one.
3. was just the coolest looking style I found messing around.

Also, I guess I'm a bit of a stickler for details? So there hairstlyes are made up of 4 tentacles + 2 main sucker'd tentacles per inkling anatomy.)

(Sorry everyone, this was the most fun person to draw, hands down. <3 you Tlaloc)

Attachments

Last edited:

Topazrekerboy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
janspinoy
For Rhin do you think you can do less curls? Like the one with no curls in the front and a few in the back then one big one covering his eye. Other than that, it seems perfect!

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
For Rhin do you think you can do less curls? Like the one with no curls in the front and a few in the back then one big one covering his eye. Other than that, it seems perfect!
Uhhh, I'm a little unclear on what you mean?

Edit: So, maybe you can reference what I've already drawn using 1, 2, 3 from left to right. Or say the left, middle, right one.

So, one tentacle covering his eye is a given, then....
no curls looping in front like center/2?

...uhm are you asking for basically left/1 with minor adjustments?

Last edited:

SP3CT3R

Full Squid
Full Name: Eric Knight
Primary Turf Weapon: Heavy Splating, but he has several others.
Dream Job: Inheriting his parents' company, which manufactures the "deco" weapons.
Appearance: four of his tentacles are combed over to the left side of his head, while the other two (The larger ones) stick straight up like wolf ears. They are obnoxiously bright blue most of the time, and the two large ones have dark purple spots on the clubs. He wears pro trail boots, a baseball jersey, and a paintball mask customized to fit his prescription glasses. He takes the paintball mask off outside of Turf Wars.
Personality: Eric holds nothing back, and isn't afraid to give people a piece of his mind. He's also a bit of an adrenaline junkie and often does impulsive things despite his intelligence, which is rather high.
Hobbies: Eric loves Turf Wars (Who doesn't?!) and even off the battlefield, he likes to design weapons his company could make when he's older. He also takes interest in video games, as well as technology, and he occasionally arts.

Last edited:

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
So, now that I'm coming to it, I'd like to point out that your characters will be getting hurt. I'd like to ask you all a quick question: how do you feel about permadeath?

I can avoid it entirely and just make it so that you can't die (power of plot armor and all) and that was what I was planning on doing in the first place, but I've been curious about all your opinions on the topic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom