• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Moments of pure stupid...

Kirby Phelps (PK)

Full Squid
NNID
PKGaming
I'm sure we've all had some bad matches. Matches that make you really frustrated and you end up blaming your team's incompetence for the loss. Maybe your team truly wasn't playing well, or maybe you were the one not pulling your weight and you blame your team out of anger. It happens. But has there been a time when you witnessed something really REALLY stupid? Something that most definitely was the team's fault?

One such incident just happened to me. I was rank B and I was at 90 points. One more good battle and I'd be at B+. I was playing Rainmaker on Moray Towers and it was a pretty tough game. For the majority of the match, the other team had a lead on us and if we didn't push past their lead before the time ran out we'd lose. We were trying our damnedest to get the Rainmaker past them, but they just kept killing us and we'd keep coming back and killing them before they could get even further. It was a stalemate for most of the match. But then, right at the end when Overtime hit, I managed to get a triple kill and another teammate of mine killed the last enemy. We had the Rainmaker. It was smooth sailing from here. Nothing could get in our way. Even if we couldn't get the Rainmaker to the other team's pedestal before they respawned, we could easily push past their lead. I shouted a triumphant "Booyah!" as I laid an ink path for the Rainmaker to swim through to the enemy base. I kept trucking forward laying down ink...but then I realized...it was quiet. I looked around and no one was with me. I then looked at my map...and I saw it. The person with the Rainmaker was RUNNING IN THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION! He was RUNNING TOWARD OUR PEDESTAL!! My other teammates were giving chase, probably trying to signal to him that that was the WRONG FREAKIN WAY!! But unfortunately, he just kept going and Overtime eventually ran out. We lost. And because our team had a B+ in it, I lost 12 points. The next match didn't go so well either and I lost 13 points. I went from 90 points to 65. Sooooo close to B+. And all because someone on our team either:
A) Never played Rainmaker before and didn't read the rules.
B) Got confused and thought our base was actually the enemy's.
C) Was a troll trying to sabotage us...

Last edited:

JAZZ_

Inkling
NNID
childofgalifrey
I've been there. Both laying the ink and trying to forge my own path with the blasted thing because my team was laying down fire in a corner somewhere. I like the rainmaker gamemode, its just the players that play in it sometimes I dont like so much

Misha

Pro Squid
NNID
Misha21
I actually have an match in TC, where this brave octobrush decide to speed into the enemies base and lay down some beacons. What she didn't know was all four enemies was on tower and basically 4vs3 match because she keep deciding to jump back to beacons to make sure that enemies cant come our base. I am actually glad that they was smart to just jump to another teammates. I mean octobrush in your base can be pretty scary.

MacTheWriter

Full Squid
NNID
CotePowerRangers
That happened to be a lot in Rainmaker. Most of the time, my team has no idea what the hell they're even doing, and 75% of the time, it costs me the game. Because of it, I had to be the one to carry the Rainmaker in most of the matches.

ZypkerGaming

Inkling Cadet
NNID
ZypkerGaming
That happened to be a lot in Rainmaker. Most of the time, my team has no idea what the hell they're even doing, and 75% of the time, it costs me the game. Because of it, I had to be the one to carry the Rainmaker in most of the matches.
So true, Rainmaker is easily the most frustrating out of all of the modes because it requires team effort the most and has the least reliant teams. I have teammates who dilly-dally somewhere instead of protecting me when I'm holding the Rainmaker, and I'm left defenseless. And when I try and guard people holding the Rainmaker, they either take a detour to attempt to hit someone and fail or go backwards or somewhere else.

MacTheWriter

Full Squid
NNID
CotePowerRangers
Teammate stupidity is what gives me this love-hate relationship with Ranking Matches. If your team won, you get a huge boost in Experience Points and Money, meaning you become richer and get an extra Level Up a lot faster. However, if your team is defeated, you get nothing. You lose. Good day, sir.

You can definitely imagine the frustration I had to endure whenever I see my Experience Points not moving a muscle at all, all because my teammates does incredibly stupid stuffs. Not to mention that I drop a lot of ranks because of it.

And with that said, my most recent match in Splat Zone, I end up losing 75% of the matches all because my teammates are either non-strategic at all, or one of them tries to be a goddamn hero and fails horribly at it.

Glass Eater

Pro Squid
About a month ago I was playing Turf War, all three of my team mates laid down their Squid Beakon's on our spawn point.. YES ALL THREE! Boy I wish I took a picture, regretting it to this day.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
All the times I accidentally fell into the water. All the times I tried to fight gun wielders face-to-face with a roller.

Cukee

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Cukee1
Rainmaker's shield just crushing me against the containers in port mackerel, it wasn't even exploding, just regenerated and caught me in between. this happened like 3 times and felt really stupid.

Yuubi

Full Squid
saltspray rig... When I'm the only one at the two large portions and half my team is down at the bottom part. Like, -facepalm- Especially after I wiped out half the enemies that were hanging around the place just to get lead also, Tower control when your teammates decides to Jump one by one onto that tower and get killed one by one.

Squiglet

Inkling
Idk if this counts or not, but every single time, I manage to kill chargers 2-3 times on arowana mall, just because they are so stupidly predictable.

Beginning of the match, I charge up the killer whale, and just blindly shoot at the grates that hang just a little shy of the middle section. Chargers go there automatically every match, and They either aren't quick enough to ran away from the killer whale or they go squid, and fall right into the water. It is hilarious and sad every time I pull it off.

And the sad thing is that I manage to do it to them multiple times, in the same match! Do people ever learn?

Last edited:

XenoPixel

Senior Squid
NNID
XenoPixel
I hate it so, SO much when the tower is like 5 away from the knockout and no one thinks it's a good idea to get on top of it. You don't get any excuses at that point even if you're using a charger.

Lorin

Inkling
NNID
Lorin
In Rainmaker I keep seeing beacons placed at spawn and I am not at all getting it! I try and avoid jumping right into the heat of things just to get killed the moment I land so I always check for beacons to take me safely to a nearby location and having them all at spawn where I can jump to anytime I want anyways drives me crazy!

I have my own stupid moments though, like the time I was near the goal with the Rainmaker and fell into the water because I didn't jump properly ugh!

kellie

Inkling
NNID
tristessa78
Omg...the other night in turf war there was this girl on my team that followed me at the start...laying in the ink jumping up and down...I was pointing the gun at her shooting at her wishing she would disappear...but nope...that annoying jumping sound followed me till i got shot...then I saw her bug the other players.

Berentxo

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Berentxo
Saltspray Rig, shooting at the rainmaker shield, which had trapped me in a corner by the water (I couldn't go around it), but I was desperate to get it because we had managed to splat the whole other team, but I was the only survivor in mine too. The thing goes boom and sends me flying over the edge, so the rainmaker sits there waiting for both teams to come back for it as if nothing happened.

Also, trying to reverse up a wall is never a good idea, but hitting Y when you're already in the wall only makes matters worse. So you just hope you won't wiggle out of the side.

Ars Nova

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
creed32
Switch Friend Code
SW-5634-9921-9888
During Turf War my teammate pushed me into the water as we were both jumping down to the bottom at Bluefin Depot.

Wi-fi Calcium

Inkster Jr.
NNID
gabby14
In rainmaker when no one on your team is watching the map, and then the opposing player with the rainmaker rushes toward your goal. The delay in the display at the top of the screen only makes this worse and it can usually happen on surprise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom