• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Most Intimidating Weapon(s)?

NOICE

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-7409-1615-2211
Same as several others have said, I get infuriated by regular blasters and sloshing machines.

If a good blaster starts chasing me, I'm almost guaranteed to die every time. Trying to seek cover around a corner? Doesn't matter if they can see me or not. The blast radius kills me anyway. It's pretty common after I die to watch the blaster kill one or more of my teammates in rapid succession on the kill cam as well. It's very depressing. I've seen several high level streamers say they think the blaster will eventually be nerfed, and I pray to the Great Zapfish that this will happen. In my opinion, this game has become less enjoyable since blasters became so strong. I know they were kinda crappy in the early days, and I would not wish those dark times upon blaster lovers again, but geez it would be nice if they could become just a teensy bit slower!

When a good sloshing machine shows up on the other team, it's game over. Their arc makes them so good at going over walls, and the fact that the Neo has point sensors makes it even harder to escape their wrath. I honestly don't know how to deal with them, other than hope that some teammate who outranges them will take them out. Whenever I see that familiar sloshie projectile, I cower in fear.

On a related note, while Tenta Missiles aren't exactly intimidating, I would say they are definitely infuriating during the heat of battle. The time between the target appearing on you and the missiles actually landing varies so greatly...sometimes it feels like you have to wait 30 seconds for them to actually land.

Tsene

Full Squid
NNID
freakzene
Switch Friend Code
SW-6942-9915-1395
I've seen several high level streamers say they think the blaster will eventually be nerfed, and I pray to the Great Zapfish that this will happen. In my opinion, this game has become less enjoyable since blasters became so strong. I know they were kinda crappy in the early days, and I would not wish those dark times upon blaster lovers again, but geez it would be nice if they could become just a teensy bit slower!
I do have a lot experience with blasters on both games. For example when you use the new Clash blaster, you need to hit your target quite a few times - which makes up for the high shooting speed, people constantly escape my grasp due to this. Normal blaster and range blaster are a lot slower in comparison and in my opinion require more aiming because of that to quarantee the sweet 1 hit KO. And I have to say getting that sweet spot feels a lot harder in Splat2 than it did in the first game. High risk high reward kind of a scenario, and I think it's fine. If you know enemy has a blaster, avoid sitting behind the corners for too long. There's counterplay and weapon choises that help against blasters, just like we have ways to deal with enemy chargers. Though I know getting blasted feels horrible sometimes! I know the feel when enemy has one, and I'm not using one :)

A bit offtopic but I couldn't resist replying :D

Wosie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
purpleWosie
Switch Friend Code
SW-7996-5480-4886
I do have a lot experience with blasters on both games. For example when you use the new Clash blaster, you need to hit your target quite a few times - which makes up for the high shooting speed, people constantly escape my grasp due to this. Normal blaster and range blaster are a lot slower in comparison and in my opinion require more aiming because of that to quarantee the sweet 1 hit KO. And I have to say getting that sweet spot feels a lot harder in Splat2 than it did in the first game. High risk high reward kind of a scenario, and I think it's fine. If you know enemy has a blaster, avoid sitting behind the corners for too long. There's counterplay and weapon choises that help against blasters, just like we have ways to deal with enemy chargers. Though I know getting blasted feels horrible sometimes! I know the feel when enemy has one, and I'm not using one :)

A bit offtopic but I couldn't resist replying :D
Just for reference, what are the best counter weapons for Blasters? *whistles innocently* ;D

Tsene

Full Squid
NNID
freakzene
Switch Friend Code
SW-6942-9915-1395
Just for reference, what are the best counter weapons for Blasters? *whistles innocently* ;D
For the blasters with short range, just outranging them works fine most of the time - Jet squelcher, Splattershot pro, chargers. For both short and long range blasters however, I've noticed dualies can put up a good fight as long as they approach sneakily and use their rolls well. I've met my doom countless times this way! And Sploosh can do the same. High fire rate at close range quarantees a fast kill which makes it unlikely for the blaster to splat you aswell. Situational awareness however is the biggest deal when you face a blaster and how you approach them. An ambush approach works well against blasters, especially when you don't outrange them. With that said, of course a short range blaster can bully a charger for one - if they've been let close enough that is.

However, this is only based on my own gameplay with and against blasters. But facing blasters isn't more difficult compared to other weapons in my case.

derty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
derty10
for any sploosh I would say the most intimidating weapon is the brush.
that close range is terrifying sometimes when you need to get in close ._.

Neddibnu

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-7712-4523-5030
As a sloshing machine main, the squids skilled with the range/rapid blaster, e-liter or brushes always get under my skin

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom