My first Splatfest and what I think about the future ones

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
You're not doing anything incorrectly. If you're still getting new teammates then that just means everyone but you decided to back out after that match.
I’m not so sure. I’ve never had the same teammate in one game show up in the next. Not a single teammate. If this works like you say it does, I’d have at least one teammate. Although constant disconnects may be the real issue here, even that seems unlikely because I should have a repeat teammate in back to back games at least once.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Then I guess we'll have to give it a try in the next upcoming splatfest to get an idea if they kept that mechanic or not.

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
Yeah, that method works in other modes, but I've never seen it work during splatfests. I even see it happen in Salmon Run more often than in splatfests (probably because the player pool is smaller).

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
Then I guess we'll have to give it a try in the next upcoming splatfest to get an idea if they kept that mechanic or not.
For sure. I’m going to pay extra attention. I really really really hope you’re right.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Personally, I've rarely seen anyone carry from match to match at all when I've played solo and hit continue. The mechanic may be there but limited, this is purely anecdotal on my part though. I'll do some solo in the next splatfest, take note of my teammates and report back.

Dark Sage Walker

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-8295-5505-1414
I always just assumed that matchmaking during Splatfests had been changed at some point. Anything I could say is also purely anecdotal so I would love to see something more conclusive come from some research into the matter!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom