• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

My personal 'rule of thumb' tier list

MintChipper

Inkling Cadet
NNID
TonyEH

mezzo

Inkster Jr.
NNID
ledyba
What rank are you? "Success" means a very different thing in C- Tower Control vs S Rainmaker
sorry, just saw this message. i'm currently at B rank. normally, i do not play tower control, but i use the inkbrushes in rainmaker and splat zones fairly regularly. i would agree that it takes a certain degree of practice to be good with the inkbrush and its other iterations in ranked mode, but it can be done. i'm still trying to work out how to utilize the inkbrush in tower control, though.

Holidaze

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
dyngledong
It's honestly very hard to be good on TC with a brush, I mean you can still be effective, but it's not going to be around tower, unless you place some obvious ink mines, use a bubble or kraken. Other than that, i believe the main objective for a brush in TC is to wipe out their team as frequently as possible so they don't have the opportunity to come back.

That's what I've been doing most of the time with pretty positive results.

NeoSeth

Senior Squid
The Inkbrush is pretty bad in TC. I love the weapon and use it in ranked in Splat Zones and Rainmaker on a lot of maps, but in TC it's just atrocious. You cannot safely pressure the tower or safely defend the tower. Even if you dedicate yourself to getting as good at TC as you can with the brush, you are limiting yourself. You want to be versatile and able to fulfill the roll you need to fill for your team. Or, if not, you want your strengths to be useful enough that it compensates. The brush is good at the latter in Splat Zones, Turf War and it CAN do it in Rainmaker, but in TC you'll find yourself powerless in situations where you could really help if only you had a different weapon.

Hitzel

Inkling Commander
NNID
Hitzel
The only player who can make the Inkbrush look legit is Symph, and he doesn't really play anymore.

Hitzel

Inkling Commander
NNID
Hitzel
Could you link me to some vids of that? I'd love to see super high-level Brush play!
Uhm, Symph doesn't stream, but I'm sure there are archives of various people playing against tP and getting wrecked by him lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom