My personal 'rule of thumb' tier list

RadioactiveMoth

Squidibli
NNID
RadioactiveMoth
Kind of wish there was a section under 'Competitive Discussion' for A+ 99 only so that I wouldn't have to go through all these C and B rank opinions to get some actual discussion.
*posts a public thread in the competitive section about competitive things*

"Oh no these people disagree with me I can't have that they should put up filters."

Ultimatum

Full Squid
NNID
Ultimatumm
*posts a public thread in the competitive section about competitive things*

"Oh no these people disagree with me I can't have that they should put up filters."
Why would I care what people under A- think? If you can't get to at least A- and honestly struggle you're probably very inept. I dislike having actual conversation be interjected by people who can't even display the slightest hint of skill and game knowledge and barge in with 'i went 19-2 with inkbrush in B- you're wrong' crap.

Don't think I'm trying to say everyone at A+ is some kind of god but you don't reach that rank without having some kind of idea of whats going on and some honest ability.

Is it really a competitive discussion if many of the participants aren't really at a competitive level?

° Moteki

¤MÆL°
NNID
Shoctopus
Im A- 40. Does that give me right to discuss why I think the inkbrush isn't terrible and deserve the three lowest spots on your list even though it is only one weapon? I'm am just picking up bits and pieces here, but it seems to me that @HBSF° Hinichii.ez.™ @Ultimatum and @HBSF° Sho.ez.™ don't like the inkbrush! Fascinating; isn't it?
Feel like you're trying to connote something here. But yes, you're right to say "I don't like the inkbrush!". And what?

[EJ]_Locke

Inkling Commander
NNID
EJ_Locke
I am simply observing negative bias may be clouding certain peoples judgment on our subject at present; the inkbrush.

Ultimatum

Full Squid
NNID
Ultimatumm
Im A- 40. Does that give me right to discuss why I think the inkbrush isn't terrible and deserve the three lowest spots on your list even though it is only one weapon? I'm am just picking up bits and pieces here, but it seems to me that @HBSF° Hinichii.ez.™ @Ultimatum and @HBSF° Sho.ez.™ don't like the inkbrush! Fascinating; isn't it?
So far the only person to articulate any kind of reason why to even use Inkbrush has been @Eclipsc70. Even he didn't really give it a good cause because a melee range weapon should kill a lot faster than most (ranged) guns.

I'm also not too intrested in hosting a conversation with someone whose requirements to join their squad was to be "equal to or more intelligent than me".

I am simply observing negative bias may be clouding certain peoples judgment on our subject at present; the inkbrush.
My squad is honestly not a very influential source of inspiration for my thoughts on where weapons place in relative to each other. My thoughts are based primarily on my own experience and thoughts cross-checked with many popular A+ streamers including DUDE, UglyBread, flc (who posted earlier in the thread), and Tarolg. We, of course, don't agree on everything but nobody truly will only hard tournament data exists.

° Moteki

¤MÆL°
NNID
Shoctopus
I didn't even give my perspective, but it seems like i wont need to. we all come with biases after all ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

[EJ]_Locke

Inkling Commander
NNID
EJ_Locke
So far the only person to articulate any kind of reason why to even use Inkbrush has been @Eclipsc70. Even he didn't really give it a good cause because a melee range weapon should kill a lot faster than most (ranged) guns.

I'm also not too intrested in hosting a conversation with someone whose requirements to join their squad was to be "equal to or more intelligent than me".
Is it wrong to want creative minds on my team? It is a pretty simple rule and I don't see why that relates to the subject at hand or diminishes my opinions. Back to the topic at hand, I think Eclipsc should show us his rank, just to be sure that his opinion matters also.

Ashlee

Inkster Jr.
NNID
KikyoTheHedgehog
oh sorry. I didn't know. ;(
Oh no, I'm not mad at you! I was thanking you for restating what I said. (And I just realized, I said roller in my post, instead of Inkbrush. Oops) And I think the haters on this thread are starting to run out of reasons for the Inkbrush being bad, considering now they're wanting a "A+ 99 Rank" only thing to keep out people who might oppose them.

Oh please, you big babies. Grow a pair and accept that OTHERS HAVE BRAINS TOO. Just because someone is a lower rank than you, doesn't mean they aren't smart, don't have skill, or valid opinions. Just because you're being proved wrong doesn't make us stupid or unskilled, nor give you the right to call us such.

Infact, @Ultimatum , @HBSF° Hinichii.ez.™ , and @HBSF° Sho.ez.™ , I think you guys are just trolls trying to make everybody here upset and angry, with YOUR ignorance. When you're ready to have a civilized, non-trolling, intelligent conversation, come back. But until then, do everyone a favor, and keep your ignorant posts AND thoughts, to yourselves. Nobody wants that here. Have a good day.

Ultimatum

Full Squid
NNID
Ultimatumm
Is it wrong to want creative minds on my team? It is a pretty simple rule and I don't see why that relates to the subject at hand or diminishes my opinions. Back to the topic at hand, I think Eclipsc should show us his rank, just to be sure that his opinion matters also.
I see some people do completely fine with it and I even made it to A rank using the Ink Brush alone.
I mean he explicitly stated his rank? Did you not read?

° Moteki

¤MÆL°
NNID
Shoctopus
Oh no, I'm not mad at you! I was thanking you for restating what I said. (And I just realized, I said roller in my post, instead of Inkbrush. Oops) And I think the haters on this thread are starting to run out of reasons for the Inkbrush being bad, considering now they're wanting a "A+ 99 Rank" only thing to keep out people who might oppose them.

Oh please, you big babies. Grow a pair and accept that OTHERS HAVE BRAINS TOO. Just because someone is a lower rank than you, doesn't mean they aren't smart, don't have skill, or valid opinions. Just because you're being proved wrong doesn't make us stupid or unskilled, nor give you the right to call us such.

Infact, @Ultimatum , @HBSF° Hinichii.ez.™ , and @HBSF° Sho.ez.™ , I think you guys are just trolls trying to make everybody here upset and angry, with YOUR ignorance. When you're ready to have a civilized, non-trolling, intelligent conversation, come back. But until then, do everyone a favor, and keep your ignorant posts AND thoughts, to yourselves. Nobody wants that here. Have a good day.
I don't think its fair of you to be calling anyone here trolls. Take the time to read the arguments being brought forth. Calling people out doesn't make you any better

[EJ]_Locke

Inkling Commander
NNID
EJ_Locke
I mean he explicitly stated his rank? Did you not read?
No need to throw out criticisms especially since you didn't understand my statement. I meant he should show us photo evidence or video or something to prove to you that his statement is just as valid as any of yours.

Ultimatum

Full Squid
NNID
Ultimatumm
And I think the haters on this thread are starting to run out of reasons for the Inkbrush being bad, considering now they're wanting a "A+ 99 Rank" only thing to keep out people who might oppose them.
Very low time to kill weapon with abysmal range and whose subs and specials only serve to spread more ink (which it already did pretty decently). Most weapons have subs/specials that compliment their weaknesses but few have ones that exaggerate their strengths (.96 gal has weak ink spread which is helped by its sprinkler sub weapon.) So now you have this weapon who doesn't really kill but rather mostly spreads ink, complimented by a sub that spreads ink, added to by a special that spreads ink. 'But it goes fast', you may say. This is honestly very useful as it allows your team to rush the splat zone pretty quickly following the ink brushes trail. However after that it very quickly falters off. The only way you're killing any roller/shooter is by coming up behind them, but you can do that (usually faster/from farther away) with other weapons. You can get around the map fast, but most decent players will be paying attention behind themselves and it has quite a distinct sound.

Splat Zone isn't in need of a weapon where its primary function of the weapon, sub, and special is to spread ink. Ink Brush is a phenomenal package in Turf Wars but an extremely lackluster one in Splat Zones, as you give your team very little kill power, very little utility (Splash Wall, Echolocator, Squid Beacons), and very few angles to approach most maps. Blackbelly Skatepark is honestly the only map I can think of the Inkbrush having the capability of being impactful, maybe Saltspray.

Other weapons simple offer more as an entire package in virtually every other fashion. Even the Aerospray's have great ink coverage while offering ranged kill potentional (Inkzooka) or map control (Ink Mines although lackluster.)

[EJ]_Locke

Inkling Commander
NNID
EJ_Locke
I have nothing to add that any of us haven't already said.

Agosta44

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Agosta
Didn't think this deserved a new thread so figured I would add my opinion (my experience in ranked) on weapon tiers to the thread.

I would place Carbon Roller in A- as well. It's quite strong on most maps. All chargers are fantastic for ranked.

Edit: Luna Blaster in A- as well.

RadioactiveMoth

Squidibli
NNID
RadioactiveMoth
Very low time to kill weapon with abysmal range and whose subs and specials only serve to spread more ink (which it already did pretty decently). Most weapons have subs/specials that compliment their weaknesses but few have ones that exaggerate their strengths (.96 gal has weak ink spread which is helped by its sprinkler sub weapon.) So now you have this weapon who doesn't really kill but rather mostly spreads ink, complimented by a sub that spreads ink, added to by a special that spreads ink. 'But it goes fast', you may say. This is honestly very useful as it allows your team to rush the splat zone pretty quickly following the ink brushes trail. However after that it very quickly falters off. The only way you're killing any roller/shooter is by coming up behind them, but you can do that (usually faster/from farther away) with other weapons. You can get around the map fast, but most decent players will be paying attention behind themselves and it has quite a distinct sound.

Splat Zone isn't in need of a weapon where its primary function of the weapon, sub, and special is to spread ink. Ink Brush is a phenomenal package in Turf Wars but an extremely lackluster one in Splat Zones, as you give your team very little kill power, very little utility (Splash Wall, Echolocator, Squid Beacons), and very few angles to approach most maps. Blackbelly Skatepark is honestly the only map I can think of the Inkbrush having the capability of being impactful, maybe Saltspray.

Other weapons simple offer more as an entire package in virtually every other fashion. Even the Aerospray's have great ink coverage while offering ranged kill potentional (Inkzooka) or map control (Ink Mines although lackluster.)
It's not the best weapon for splat zones, but it can still do very well. I've used it to win a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom