My personal 'rule of thumb' tier list

The Apple BOOM

Senior Squid
NNID
TheAppleBOOM
I feel like these types of discussions can be a bit detrimental to the meta at this point. All we have right now is solo queue for one mode, and in an open ended game like this, you can pretty much make anything work. On top of that, the game is really really young. Once teams open up, I think we'll see a huge shake up in what people think is top.

Hinichii.ez.™

Is Splatoon an E-Sport or just a meme?
Didn't think this deserved a new thread so figured I would add my opinion (my experience in ranked) on weapon tiers to the thread.

I would place Carbon Roller in A- as well. It's quite strong on most maps. All chargers are fantastic for ranked.
Didn't think this deserved a new thread so figured I would add my opinion (my experience in ranked) on weapon tiers to the thread.

I would place Carbon Roller in A- as well. It's quite strong on most maps. All chargers are fantastic for ranked.

Edit: Luna Blaster in A- as well.
How can anyone put a weapon with bubbler below an ink brush?

Ashlee

Inkster Jr.
NNID
KikyoTheHedgehog
I don't think its fair of you to be calling anyone here trolls. Take the time to read the arguments being brought forth. Calling people out doesn't make you any better
And I don't think it's fair of your guys to say opinions don't matter just because someone is a lower rank. Calling you out may not make me better, but it DOES show I'm not an idiot like you people claim me to be. And for your information, I HAVE been reading everything. And everything you guys have been saying, has been pissing me off. You're just a group of ignorant haters who care for nobody's opinion but those who agree with you, or are A+. Don't want opinion? Fine. I'll give you FACTS.

The Inkbrush may have it's downsides, like it's poor range, and difficulty to use, but it's upsides more than make up for it. The Inkbrush is based ENTIRELY around speed and skill. Unlike other weapons, how fast you attack and spread ink around, depends on how fast you can hit the trigger. Yes, that can be counted as a downfall if you don't have a trigger finger, but it's also a huge plus as well. The Inkbrush can swing 45 times in 5 seconds, 55 if you're insanely fast. That, right there, is enough to say that the Inkbrush takes skill to use.

Not only that, but you can also use it to fight off Krakens, and even KILL one. Yes, killing a Kraken is possible, and ONLY with an Inkbrush, because of how fast you can attack with it. (And in the upcoming patch, MELEE type weapons, A.K.A Inkbrushes, will be able to push Krakens back. Not just block them as they do right now, but actually move them.) That in itself, is terrifying to think about, considering a To-Be-Released Inkbrush has Bubbler(I believe it's an Octoling Brush). See a Kraken coming, and have a hell of a trigger finger? Bubble and then go to town on that thing!

The Brush is also good for quick getaways if you're being ambushed, and dodges. You can run faster using the brush like a roller, than you can swim as a squid, without any speed boosts of any kind. This, makes it an ideal weapon for rushing into battle. What the brush itself lacks in range for inking, the Sprinkler and Inkstrike make up for it. A well placed Sprinkler can go a long way. Same thing for an Inkstrike. Both of said Sub/Special weapons, can also splat people. I can't even tell you how many times I've gotten a "Splatted -------!" message without even being near someone, because of my Sprinkler. (Talk about a shameful death!) The Sprinkler can also be used as a decoy - Attract an unsuspecting victim trying to destroy it, SURPRISE INKBRUSH!

The brush is also ink efficient, and uses very little ink. Couple that with Ink Saver(Main), Ink Saver(Sub) and Ink Recovery abilities, you're gonna have more ink to use. Slap on a couple defense boosts, maybe an attack boost or two as well, and possibly something with Ink Resistance, and you're a running tank that just won't stop.

TL;DR version:

Inkbrush facts:
Based solely on speed and skill
Moves faster than a squid can swim
Good for getting somewhere fast; Front lines, zone that's being taken over, ect
Good for dodging attacks
Can attack 45-55 times in 5 seconds
Can hold off and even KILL Krakens
Poor range, but Sprinkler and Inkstrike help you spread your ink around (And even splat people)
Very ink efficient

° Moteki

¤MÆL°
NNID
Shoctopus
And I don't think it's fair of your guys to say opinions don't matter just because someone is a lower rank. Calling you out may not make me better, but it DOES show I'm not an idiot like you people claim me to be. And for your information, I HAVE been reading everything. And everything you guys have been saying, has been pissing me off. You're just a group of ignorant haters who care for nobody's opinion but those who agree with you, or are A+. Don't want opinion? Fine. I'll give you FACTS.
I think you're blowing things out of context. I didn't say your opinions didn't matter ( or anyone else's for that matter). For one thing I dont think you're an "idiot" quite frankly I don't even know you. That being said I don't have to agree with your reasoning either. All opinions are welcome but not all are valid when justify the weapon being viable in SZ( especially if its along the lines of " i know its bad but i do good with it"). If you're going to let your emotion show in your post it becomes even harder to take what you have to say seriously.

edit: please refrain from the name calling. Thank you :)

Hitzel

Inkling Commander
NNID
Hitzel
What is the Inkbrush's kill time?

It's my understanding that it fires very slow and has a poor kill time.

Hinichii.ez.™

@Ashlee Button Mashing is not a skill, this is a misconception. It's a pointless barrier, that creates a lot of ware and tear on controllers. Your wording in your TL;DR does not come off well. You said the ink brush can kill a Kraken. Last time I checked, the Kraken was invincible. You may be able to run, or even hold it at bay, but that is not the same as killing something, that is invincible.

RadioactiveMoth

Squidibli
NNID
RadioactiveMoth

It's about the same as a Splatershot if you're getting all the hits in. It can be a bit hard to aim, though.

Agosta44

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Agosta
@Ashlee Button Mashing is not a skill, this is a misconception. It's a pointless barrier, that creates a lot of ware and tear on controllers. Your wording in your TL;DR does not come off well. You said the ink brush can kill a Kraken. Last time I checked, the Kraken was invincible. You may be able to run, or even hold it at bay, but that is not the same as killing something, that is invincible.
Ink Brush can hold Krakens in place and kill them before they can react. I've seen it several times from A+ Inkbrush players.

Hinichii.ez.™

Ink Brush can hold Krakens in place and kill them before they can react. I've seen it several times from A+ Inkbrush players.
At that point, you are not killing the, "kraken" its self. Which is what was previously stated. To be honest, those rollers are just bad players. If you are using kraken, and your prey is ether extremely fast, or can hold you back... Just remember, there are 3 other dudes who would love to have a meet and great with you.
Activating Kraken transforms your character into a large, invincible squid for approximately six seconds. While in Kraken form, you can swim around a stage (including all inked and non-inked surfaces) leaving behind an ink trail your team can utilize to push deeper into enemy territory. You can also jump, taking out opponents in your path. You must jump to perform a lethal melee strike—simply bumping opponents will only push them around, inflicting no damage. But just like swimming in squid form, you can’t cross over mesh walkways or grates while Kraken is active. If you attempt to swim over a grate, you will just fall through. This is an excellent way to avoid a pursuing enemy Kraken—rush over a greet to escape. [/quote]

Eclipsc70

Pro Squid
NNID
EJ_Matthews

It kills in 3-4 hits but its actual time depends on how quickly the button is pressed so it can kill very quickly or very slowly depending on whos using it. If youre looking for actual numbers? I couldnt tell you unfortunately, though I could find out if youd really like to know.

@[EJ]_Locke: I can show you my rank but I dont think it would help much since it doesnt prove I only used the Ink Brush to get there so youd have to take my word for it but I have no reason to lie tbh.

Hinichii.ez.™

It kills in 3-4 hits but its actual time depends on how quickly the button is pressed so it can kill very quickly or very slowly depending on whos using it. If youre looking for actual numbers? I couldnt tell you unfortunately, though I could find out if youd really like to know.

http://squidboards.com/threads/definitive-ttk-rankings-data-for-all-weapons.2023/#post-47287
this is the thread you want to see

Ashlee

Inkster Jr.
NNID
KikyoTheHedgehog
Last I heard, Krakens are not invilcible. They just have a TON of life. As I said in my post, an Inkbrush can swing 45 times in 5 seconds, making it the fastest attacking weapon, and the ONLY one that can kill a Kraken. Unless my source lied/is wrong (Which I highly doubt considering who he is), the Kraken is NOT invincible; Just incredibly hard to kill.

Eclipsc70

Pro Squid
NNID
EJ_Matthews
@DakotaBonez: Preference of controls is pretty evenly split 50/50 through the community A+ rank or not from what I see, but I tend to use stick while minding the Y button.

Forte

Inkster Jr.
It would be nice if there was an actual goal to getting A+ 99. Like a special hidden gun that you could obtain.

Agosta44

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Agosta
Last I heard, Krakens are not invilcible. They just have a TON of life. As I said in my post, an Inkbrush can swing 45 times in 5 seconds, making it the fastest attacking weapon, and the ONLY one that can kill a Kraken. Unless my source lied/is wrong (Which I highly doubt considering who he is), the Kraken is NOT invincible; Just incredibly hard to kill.
Krakens are invincible until their special gauge is empty. Lag probably made it look like they killed them while still in Kraken form.

Hinichii.ez.™

My source is the official guide, stamped by Nintendo. Your source is incorrect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom