The Splatlets (OC lore)

slopsuit

Full Squid
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-0774-8637-8781
In this thread I’ll spotlight one of my Splatoon OCs each day featuring art of them and a little blurb about their lore. I don’t mind if it gets a bit messy, I’m just looking to have some fun presenting them ^__^

To start, a short summary of their Splatverse;
Rival competitive teams Hurricane and Judgment compete in pursuit of their unique goals. While Team Judgment is mainly motivated by the pursuit of fame and fortune, Team Hurricane seeks growth and companionship with a true passion for competition.
Meanwhile, the Salmonid Research Lab makes a continuous effort to learn more about the Salmonid, what their motivations are, and if possible, a means of achieving peace between them and inkfishkind.

Additionally, here is a relationship chart featuring the 8 main characters and 4 primary side characters:

IMG_5746.jpeg

Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoy my characters! :D

Neko :D

Senior Squid
Pronouns
She/He/They
Switch Friend Code
SW-3356-5161-8137
Oh wow! Your characters seem so cool <3 You can draw so good !!! I genuinely took 10 minutes looking at this. It seems you put a lot of thought into it. I would love to hear more about them!!
:Faints dramatically:
(I LOVE your pfp :DDD)

slopsuit

Full Squid
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-0774-8637-8781
Oh wow! Your characters seem so cool <3 You can draw so good !!! I genuinely took 10 minutes looking at this. It seems you put a lot of thought into it. I would love to hear more about them!!
:Faints dramatically:
(I LOVE your pfp :DDD)
Thank you so muches this gave me the biggest dopiest smile. I’m so happy you like my PFP also!! I’ll start off the spotlights with the character in my pfp justs for you.

CHARACTER SPOTLIGHT:
Kite Howitzer
INFOInkling | Male | Gay | 24
MAIN WEAPONSHeavy Edit, Ballpoint, Nautilus
RANKX, EVP
PLAYSTYLESlayer
TEAM ROLEHurricane Captain and Game Analyst
OCCUPATION(S)Custodian at Salmonid Research Lab
Contracted Weapons Designer for Grizzco
The captain and powerhouse of team Hurricane. Kite is a bit reserved, preferring to act rather than talk. He can be difficult for others to read, and as such many people find him unapproachable, but he is also rather short (5’4”) so his intimidation factor isn’t especially strong.

Kite is employed by the Salmonid Research Lab Head Researcher (and his adoptive mother) Dr. Misty Sequoia as a janitor. He uses this position to keep an eye on her, making sure she doesn’t neglect her health too much, especially since he moved out years ago. In order for SRL to secure consistent funding, they are contracted by Grizzco to scout out new job sites and construct new weapons for freelancers, the latter of which is Kite’s focus as a SRL team member. His passion for weaponry gives him a unique edge and approach to their construction.

When Kite was 10 years old, his mother disappeared and following her disappearance he was adopted by Dr. Misty Sequoia as she was romantically involved with his mother at the time of her disappearance. He was raised alongside her other two children, Pollo (7 years old) and Jingle Sequoia (5 years old). They all grew up very close with a great emphasis on protecting and caring for one another.

As a member of team Sweet during the Spicy VS. Sweet VS. Sour Splatfest, he was paired against team Spicy frequently, and against Blixt Lustig specifically. He immediately dislikes Blixt, as he has a penchant for taunting his opponents in ways so effortlessly infuriating to Kite. This results in Kite stopping for drinks and a fistfight between the two that neither win.

In their newfound mutual respect for one another, they decide to found a ranked team together, dubbed Hurricane.
IMG_5753.png

Attachments

Last edited:

Senior Squid
Pronouns
She/He/They
Switch Friend Code
SW-3356-5161-8137
Thank you so muches this gave me the biggest dopiest smile. I’m so happy you like my PFP also!! I’ll start off the spotlights with the character in my pfp justs for you.

CHARACTER SPOTLIGHT:
Kite Howitzer
INFOInkling | Male | Gay | 24
MAIN WEAPONSHeavy Edit, Ballpoint, Nautilus
RANKX, EVP
PLAYSTYLESlayer
TEAM ROLEHurricane Captain and Game Analyst
OCCUPATION(S)Custodian at Salmonid Research Lab
Contracted Weapons Designer for Grizzco

View attachment 12500
Hee hee... I like the chibi version <3
I enjoyed reading about him. It was very helpful :D

slopsuit

Full Squid
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-0774-8637-8781
A little late on this one, I had a busy day yesterday. ;w; I’ve been excited to share this one, though. Her name is an anagram. LMK if you figure out what it‘s an anagram of!

CHARACTER SPOTLIGHT:
Fable Snow
INFOOctoling | Female | Bi | 25
MAIN WEAPONSSplatana Stamper + Nouveau, .52 Gal + Deco
RANKS+ (in rank debt)
PLAYSTYLESlayer/Skirmisher flex
TEAM ROLEJudgment Captain
OCCUPATION(S)Commercial Annaki Model
Sugar Baby
Chronic Shoplifter
Pick-pocketer
Tenacious and unrelenting, Fable knows what she wants and stops at nothing to get it, often to her detriment.

Born of an affair between a married man of great wealth and influence and his mistress, Fable was given a name with no direct ties to her parents in an effort to keep her existence a secret. After the growing pressure to keep her hidden from the press became insurmountable, Fable was put up for adoption in Splatsville, far from her parents in Inkopolis. She was very young at the time and remembers little of her parents. She was transferred to and from various group homes most of her childhood.

Having grown up with so little and having an inflated sense of self-importance, she spends money recklessly and refuses to compromise on luxury.

Attachments

Senior Squid
Pronouns
She/He/They
Switch Friend Code
SW-3356-5161-8137
Hee hee. I like her. I aspire to be her some day. <----- S+ rank and an Annaki model??
Is the answer wolfsbane?

-Never been even been an A rank TvT

slopsuit

Full Squid
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-0774-8637-8781
Hee hee. I like her. I aspire to be her some day. <----- S+ rank and an Annaki model??
Is the answer wolfsbane?

-Never been even been an A rank TvT
It is Wolf’s Bane! 😄 Nice going!
And I wish you luck in your ranked journey! I can reach S consistently but have yet to make it to S+. It’s crazy feeling stuck but getting that rank up is so satisfying, even if the climb gets brutal. I’d love to play with you sometime!

slopsuit

Full Squid
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-0774-8637-8781
i love it when women

been silently watching this thread but i'm really interested in what you've revealed so far about your OCs 👀
I’m so happy! I hope you continue to enjoy what I have to share! ^__^

slopsuit

Full Squid
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-0774-8637-8781
Also, somewhat unrelated, but I’m just so excited I have to share.
IMG_5788.jpeg

I ordered some custom keychains of my characters featuring some fanart people have done, just for me. (The second Cupid is my own art, but the rest is fanarts)
I loved these pieces so much i just had to have them dangling from my splatoon bag or something. TBH, I would love to have a little Cupid ita bag someday, so i had that in mind while ordering too. Will update when they arrive !!

Senior Squid
Pronouns
She/He/They
Switch Friend Code
SW-3356-5161-8137
Oh. My. GOODNESS. they are so cute and my heart is beating out of my chest and I am typing at 100 miles an hour and I am freaking out because of that. I opened this thread, saw this, and my brain died for a second.
Translation notes: <3

slopsuit

Full Squid
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-0774-8637-8781
For today, we have team Hurricane’s second member! He was spoken about a bit in Kite’s blurb.

CHARACTER SPOTLIGHT:
Blixt Lustig
INFOOctoling | Male | Gay | 22
MAIN WEAPONSSplatana Wiper + Deco, Splatana Stamper, Mint + Charcoal Decavitator
RANKX, EVP
PLAYSTYLESkirmisher
TEAM ROLEHurricane Co-Captain and Scrim Coordinator
OCCUPATION(S)Assistant Researcher at Salmonid Research Lab (SRL)
Contracted Job Site Scouter for Grizzco
Ramen Delivery Driver [FORMERLY]
MakoMart Customer Service Rep [FORMERLY]
and many more… [FORMERLY]
Blixt is a delightfully unserious fellow, often engaging in elaborate pranks and taunting his opponents. He has a rich employment history, but due to his struggles with authority, he’s never held a job longer than a month.

Blixt was raised in a tumultuous home environment by an alcoholic con artist father. Amidst growing pressure to follow his father’s teachings, Blixt runs from home at age 15 after a year of saving from Grizzco freelancing. Being a bit of a tinkerer, he fixed a motor onto a bicycle and used that to get around for a few years before it wore out and he upgraded to a proper motorcycle that he would do anything to keep pretty.

As a member of Team Spicy during the Spicy VS. Sweet VS. Sour Splatfest, he was often matched up against Kite Howitzer on team Sweet. After winning several games against him in a row, Kite reaches his limit with Blixt’s taunting and goes out for drinks. Upon discovering this, Blixt teases him, resulting in a fistfight neither of them win, but they find a sense of mutual respect. After this encounter, they found a ranked team together dubbed Hurricane.

His experience working for Grizzco was valuable in landing his job at the Salmonid Research Lab, headed by Dr. Misty Sequoia.

Attachments

slopsuit

Full Squid
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-0774-8637-8781
Was he fired a lot? (It looks like it) I think irl, we would get along <3
In most cases, if he felt he was being criticized unfairly or subjected to brutal treatment by management, he would just walk out. Basically, if there was ever a situation where he could just grin and bear it to keep his job and avoid conflict, he just left instead LOL
Generally, he’s a very easy-going and relaxed person, but he knows when he’s getting a bad deal (comes with growing up with a con artist for a dad) and is therefore difficult to exploit in the long-term.
Ironically, the fact that he’s worked many jobs made him easy to hire cos he has a lot of experience and it ended up being a cycle of moving from job to job until he was hired at SRL where he’s been able to stay consistently.
I also think you’d get along well with him irl too, he’s a friendly guy and he does his best to look out for people no matter who they are. Thank u for the question!

slopsuit

Full Squid
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-0774-8637-8781
Here we have team Judgment’s second member. He’s a favorite of mine and i also hate him so i’ve been looking forward to covering him here.

CHARACTER SPOTLIGHT:

Gabriel Pavlov
INFOOctoling | Male | Bicurious (he’s bi) | 27
MAIN WEAPONSSplatterscope + Z+F, Sniperwriter 5H, E-liter 4K + Custom
RANKS+
PLAYSTYLEAnchor
TEAM ROLEJudgment Game Analyst
OCCUPATION(S)Lobby Battles Data Analyst (Splatsville Lobby Tower)
Lobby Battles Data Analyst (Deca Tower) [FORMERLY]
Due to being rather socially inept, Gabriel is an unpleasant person to be around for many. He is easy to manipulate however, and not very assertive in the face of authority or beautiful women.

Gabriel is employed by CEO Glen Fiddler’s Lobby Battles company and works in Splatsville’s Lobby Tower. He was previously stationed at the Deca Tower in Inkopolis Square before being moved to the new location after the Hammerhead Bridge’s construction was completed. He is responsible for analyzing customer feedback and making adjustments to the various rulesets and weapon modifications.

Gabriel was also contacted by Marina Ida shortly after the conclusion of the Chaos VS. Order Splatfest to assist in the development of the Memverse as a part of her project ★Dramatic Days in Orderland★.

Gabriel was the first to be approached by Judgment Captain Fable Snow to join her ranked team precisely because of his advantageous position at Lobby Battles. He was exactly the insider she was looking for and Gabriel was shamefully easy to flatter into recruitment.

Attachments

Senior Squid
Pronouns
She/He/They
Switch Friend Code
SW-3356-5161-8137
:O Why in the world does he like to work? I am worried for his mental health.

Yet again, I really like the design. You should make him into a keychain too :D I love him because he's a sniper too :)))

slopsuit

Full Squid
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-0774-8637-8781
A bit late on this one (becaise i am really awesome) but this is Hurricane’s third member; Bubble!

CHARACTER SPOTLIGHT:
Bubble Citra
INFOInkling | Female | Lesbian | 20
MAIN WEAPONSBloblobber, Explosher, Rapid Blaster Pro + Deco, Splatterscope Z+F, Sniperwriter 5H
RANKS, Go-Getter
PLAYSTYLEAnchor/Support
TEAM ROLEHurricane Primary Strategist
OCCUPATION(S)Caretaker for grandparents
Full-time Student (Computer Science Major, Graphic Design Minor)
A bit of a tech whiz and rather internet savvy, Bubble enjoys coding and making hobbyist websites to showcase her collections. She’s very close with Jingle Sequoia and came to be a member of Kite Howitzer’s ranked team Hurricane through Jingle’s suggestion. She’s rather shy, but adores her friends and family, spending most of her time with them.

Bubble came to be interested in computers at a young age as her grandfather who raised her alongside her grandmother is a big enthusiast for any new tech he can get his hands on. His childlike wonder and enthusiasm contributes to a bit of a hoarding problem, so Bubble frequently spends her weekends helping her grandfather clear out his office and garage.

Mania Raijin, a close internet friend of Bubble’s since childhood, disappeared for a few years, but came back recently after her memories were restored via the Memverse Marina Ida created (with the help of Gabriel Pavlov). After her return, they live much closer due to Mania’s parents moving to Splatsville while she was gone. They spend a lot of time together, often going to arcades and having sleepovers. It was around this time that Bubble suggested for Mania to join Hurricane.

Attachments

Senior Squid
Pronouns
She/He/They
Switch Friend Code
SW-3356-5161-8137
:O She seems so sweet!! I love her, she's so cute :((((((( WHY IS SHE SO CUTE?? Even her name is cute TvT <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<3333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333
I like the color of her hair. They should add light green as a default color in the game some day.
:Runs away and cries because of overwhelming cuteness:

slopsuit

Full Squid
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-0774-8637-8781
I’ve really been looking forward to this one! The third member of Judgment and my personal fixation lol

CHARACTER SPOTLIGHT:
Cupid Chaucer
INFOInkling | Male | Gay | 23
MAIN WEAPONSTri-Stringer + Inkline, REEFLUX 450, Custom Wellstring V, Tentabrella + Sorella
RANKS
PLAYSTYLESupport
TEAM ROLEJudgment Member
OCCUPATION(S)Commercial Photographer at Annaki
The James to Fable’s Jessie, Cupid is incredibly flashy and a little reckless. You can often find him at rowdy penthouse parties and hooking up with strangers.

Cupid works with prominent alternative fashion brand Annaki as a commercial photographer. He meets Fable through this position when photographing her during a promotional shoot for an upcoming product launch. It’s during this shoot that Fable pitches to Cupid the idea of joining her ranked team. Cupid accepts the invitation and becomes the third member of Judgment.

Despite being comfortable with his job, Cupid fantasizes daily about being a full-time model and is so consumed by this fantasy that he acts it out to near delusion, often heavily implying to strangers unfamiliar with the fashion industry that he is a model with great influence. He uses this to gain their favor and admiration.

Cupid has a growing fascination with second Judgment member, Gabriel Pavlov, often bringing gifts in the form of snacks and trinkets to his workplace in an attempt to gain his favor.

Defined by desire and yearning, even when faced with the opportunity to fully realize his dreams, it is doubtful Cupid will ever wholeheartedly pursue them, for one reason or another.
PS. The last two attachments are fan art!
The pixel gif was made by poggy on Toyhouse and the transparent piece with his glasses up was made by @februaryevening on Twitter

Attachments

Senior Squid
Pronouns
She/He/They
Switch Friend Code
SW-3356-5161-8137
akakakakakakak.
Translation: he is so cool looking :DDDDDDDDDDDD I like the pixel gif, it's really cute! Isn't he the one on the keychains?
Rating: 10.1/10

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom