The Splatlets (OC lore)

Mp3

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
Female
i bet this guy tells people his social security number on a daily basis even if they don’t ask lol

slopsuit

Full Squid
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-0774-8637-8781
akakakakakakak.
Translation: he is so cool looking :DDDDDDDDDDDD I like the pixel gif, it's really cute! Isn't he the one on the keychains?
Rating: 10.1/10
I so happy you think so :D and yes he is! I’m so excited for them to get here. They should arrive mid-august. Depending on how it goes I will probably order more of my other OCs, i just love the idea of physical merch of them so much lol

slopsuit

Full Squid
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-0774-8637-8781
No post yesterday cos i was so tired after playing in the 988 charity tournament i literally did nothing the entire day afterwards LOL. After this there’s just one final team character and then the rest will be side characters!

CHARACTER SPOTLIGHT:
Mania Raijin
INFOOctoling (Sanitized) | Female | Bi | 23
MAIN WEAPONSCarbon Roller + Deco, Splat Roller + Krak-on, Flingza Roller + Foil, REEFLUX 450, Wellstring V
RANKS
PLAYSTYLESlayer/Support
TEAM ROLEHurricane member and promo artist
OCCUPATION(S)Unemployed and living with parents
She’s a major otaku (another word for anime-freak). Always finds a way to be overtly lewd and wildly inappropriate. She also smells weird and has poor hygiene.
In general she’s very socially inept and invasive but most people just think she’s doing a bit and thus don’t take her seriously enough to be offended by her. She is quite The Giddy Giggler.
A pure representation of fujoshi excellence, and yes, she ships real people.

Her memories were restored via the Memverse. After restoration, she found out her parents moved to Splatsville after they escaped oppression in Octo Canyon. Overjoyed to see their daughter alive and well after not knowing her whereabouts after her sanitization, they spoil her rather indiscriminately.

Through her childhood internet friend (now IRL) Bubble Citra, she finds out about Kite Howitzer’s ranked team Hurricane, and she’s accepted as the fourth member.
PS. The second attached image is fan art by ~Stayinside on Art Fight

Attachments

Last edited:

Neko :D

Semi-Pro Squid
Pronouns
She/He/They
Switch Friend Code
SW-3356-5161-8137
Me irl, minus the hygiene part. you literally described me.... coincidence????
Her character design is super cute as well!

-My new favorite of yours :D

sevenleaf

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
they/he
Switch Friend Code
SW-5819-4806-4093
i think if you get sanitized and make it out of the metro you're allowed to ship real people and no one can criticize you for it

(psst, the link to mania's toyhouse page is broken :( i still love her though)

slopsuit

Full Squid
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-0774-8637-8781
Me irl, minus the hygiene part. you literally described me.... coincidence????
Her character design is super cute as well!

-My new favorite of yours :D
I’m so happy you like her so much and can relate to some of her better qualities lol shes super fun to portray and one of my favorites too. She’s just so funny and weird

i think if you get sanitized and make it out of the metro you're allowed to ship real people and no one can criticize you for it

(psst, the link to mania's toyhouse page is broken :( i still love her though)
This made me laugh so hard i think youre right and you should say so

(also thank u sm for the heads up, i just fixed it!!)

Mp3

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
Female
No post yesterday cos i was so tired after playing in the 988 charity tournament i literally did nothing the entire day afterwards LOL. After this there’s just one final team character and then the rest will be side characters!

CHARACTER SPOTLIGHT:
Mania Raijin
INFOOctoling (Sanitized) | Female | Bi | 23
MAIN WEAPONSCarbon Roller + Deco, Splat Roller + Krak-on, Flingza Roller + Foil, REEFLUX 450, Wellstring V
RANKS
PLAYSTYLESlayer/Support
TEAM ROLEHurricane member and promo artist
OCCUPATION(S)Unemployed and living with parents

PS. The second attached image is fan art by ~Stayinside on Art Fight
I LOVE HER AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

slopsuit

Full Squid
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-0774-8637-8781
My darling Gardenia who has many secrets even she doesn’t know! I have a one-shot I’m writing atm that details how she came to be a member of Judgment that i will post to my Toyhouse when it’s finished 🙌

CHARACTER SPOTLIGHT:
Gardenia Watasenia
INFOInkling | Female | Lesbian | 24 | Born 3/13
MAIN WEAPONSDualies + Shooters (highly versatile)
RANKX, EVP
PLAYSTYLESlayer
TEAM ROLEJudgment Primary Strategist
OCCUPATION(S)Scavenger for scrap metal and parts shop
Quiet, intimidating, naive, and loyal to a fault.
Struggles to manage deep-seated suspicion and paranoia. Frequently isolates herself to cope with social anxiety. It’s difficult for her to feel desire for her own sake, often craving direction and orders. She functions best with a clear objective. She has a very strict schedule to stay in shape and keep her combat skills fresh.
Moves to The Splatlands after leaving her grandmother’s anti-octarian war-obsessed cult (dubbed The Righteous Angels). She chose The Splatlands for its distance from the cult in Mount Nantai.
She’s employed as a scrap-gatherer for a small metal parts and scraps shop in Splatsville.

Gardenia’s grandmother passed under mysterious circumstances when she was a teenager. She raised her to be subservient and a highly skilled fighter in anticipation for raiding the Octarian domes in Octo Canyon. The cult disbanded after her death and the disappearance of their princess (Gardenia), but the cult is rumored to have a few fringe members remaining with the goal to revive it.

Gardenia herself grapples with what she was taught and what she has come to learn living on her own, but maintains an interest and incredible skill in combat in her free time, often participating in ranked battles. It was through her skills that Fable was able to scout her for her ranked team, Judgment, of which Gardenia is the fourth member.
PS. The second attached image is fan art by @hitoshura on Tumblr

Attachments

Semi-Pro Squid
Pronouns
She/He/They
Switch Friend Code
SW-3356-5161-8137
OOOOOO! Her outfit is so cool :3 I like her style of hair, a mix of straight and braided-ish. Her name sounds.... appetizing, for some reason? That was compliment, by the way. I can definitely see her as a dualie user, too. (Some people just have those looks, you know?) I am upset that she is an X rank (X RANK?????!!!!) and I am not. But I shouldn't worry about that. Overall, she seems pretty cool! :D

slopsuit

Full Squid
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-0774-8637-8781
OOOOOO! Her outfit is so cool :3 I like her style of hair, a mix of straight and braided-ish. Her name sounds.... appetizing, for some reason? That was compliment, by the way. I can definitely see her as a dualie user, too. (Some people just have those looks, you know?) I am upset that she is an X rank (X RANK?????!!!!) and I am not. But I shouldn't worry about that. Overall, she seems pretty cool! :D
THANK U SO MUCH she was one of my initial concepts and a lot of her design is meant to emphasize symmetry, so i knew i wanted her to use dualies, especially with how technical the movement can be for them (her favorite ones are the enperry dualies :D) I’m happy she seems to have that Dualie Style lol
I’m happy you like her name too!! I wanted her name to complement Fable’s in that it’s a flower like how fables full name is an anagram of a flower. And watasenia was very fitting in that it’s part of the scientific name for firefly squid. When i realized that my jaw literally dropped, like it was meant to be. I think naming my characters has been some of the most fun ive had with them !

slopsuit

Full Squid
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-0774-8637-8781
oooooooooough the looooore. im so into gardenia's whole Deal

also seconding @Neko :D in that the pseudo-braid shape of her tentacles is rly cool. i loveeeee when ppl get creative with inkfish hairstyles
Thank u so much i just giggled and kicked my feet like a gnome cos this made me so happy

slopsuit

Full Squid
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-0774-8637-8781
Hai everyling, ive been prepping for a pokemon vgc local this weekend so updates have been slow but WISH ME LUCK, here’s my lovely dr. sequoia, our first supporting character

CHARACTER SPOTLIGHT:
Misty Sequoia
INFOOctoling | Female | Bi | 45
MAIN WEAPONSCustom E-Liter 4K Scope
RANKA, Profreshional+3
PLAYSTYLEAnchor
HOMETOWNOcto Valley
OCCUPATION(S)Head Researcher at Salmonid Research Lab (SRL)
Dr. Sequoia is incredibly passionate and dedicated to her work as the head researcher for Salmonid Research Lab (SRL). She often gets so lost in her research that she neglects basic needs like sleep, food, and drink.

Before coming to the surface, she was a member of the Octarian Army working in Salmonid relations and trade. In an effort to pursue her true passions in Salmonid research and start a family, she fled Octo Valley and settled in Inkopolis with her husband while she was carrying the egg of their first child, Pollo Sequoia. Her husband died after succcumbing to illness shortly after the hatching of their second child, Jingle Sequoia. Years later, she finds herself romantically involved with Kite Howitzer’s biological mother. After her sudden disappearance, she adopts the then 10-year-old Kite as he is left without parents.

As the SRL Head Researcher, her struggle to delegate tasks to others comes to a peak when she gets so overwhelmed with her work that she faints. Kite discovers her while cleaning and after waking her, insists she takes a few days off to rest. She agrees and lessens her workload when she returns to work by hiring a new SRL team member, Blixt Lustig.

She lives just outside of Splatsville with her son Pollo and daughter Jingle, but isn’t home very often, sometimes staying at the lab for days at a time.

Attachments

Semi-Pro Squid
Pronouns
She/He/They
Switch Friend Code
SW-3356-5161-8137
Intelligent woman: Misty Sequoia
I find it entertaining to know that she's pretty and smart at the same time :D
She truly is beautiful too :3

slopsuit

Full Squid
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-0774-8637-8781
Been taking a break with this thread while i focus on other things but i hasnt forgotten about it i promise. I have key art of a couple OCs i want to finish up, but in the meantime here are some team logo designs i threw together to get a basic idea of what i want for them

Attachments

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom