Naked Inkling glitch

Ink Gunner Emily

Full Squid
NNID
Ayerin
If that is a game glitch, that is the most perverse game glitch ever! Though I have a feeling that it may of been hacked. Games cannot just mess up on clothing that bad unless you really screw with the code.

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Man, and I thought that naked Inkling boy in the manga was unfortunate, if hilarious.

I doubt that it'd even be possible, but I wonder if you could do anything while in that state. Go do some battles commando-style, have Spyke upgrade your undies or non-wear, that sort of thing. Would the Inkling end up becoming Ms. Ingno for trying that?

Ryuji

Inkling Commander
NNID
Ryuji777x
Looks more like a hack to me than a glitch. Just look at the description, it says "?NoClothes". Also notable is that 'arinomama' translates to 'as it is', so this is probably a hack where splatoon was still in development and the inklings didn't have any clothes. Pretty perverse indeed!

D

Deleted Member

This isn't a hack or a mod. The "No Brand" and "Not Found" images are default placeholders if there is no gear data. The ?No Clothes, Arinomama and Japanese text is just dialogue that wasn't fully translated and localized. Multiple people have encountered this glitch during different periods of time. This seems to be an error where the weapon, level, name and gear data is missing or corrupted, so these placeholders are used instead.

Litagano Motscoud

Inkling Commander
NNID
Litagano
I was about to say that it was just her tentacles hiding her clothing and making her look naked, but then I noticed the equipment. Strange, must be hacked in. Or possibly some kind of glitch, who knows.

I think @Jet Uppercut has the best theory

TacoOfDestruction

Pro Squid
NNID
JD1973
I saw this once, before I joined squid boards. It happened just after I got permanently banned from miiverse, luck is so cruel.

Ink Gunner Emily

Full Squid
NNID
Ayerin
This isn't a hack or a mod. The "No Brand" and "Not Found" images are default placeholders if there is no gear data. The ?No Clothes, Arinomama and Japanese text is just dialogue that wasn't fully translated and localized. Multiple people have encountered this glitch during different periods of time. This seems to be an error where the weapon, level, name and gear data is missing or corrupted, so these placeholders are used instead.
Wow, that is an unfortunate glitch then for anyone to have. It goes to show that code can mess up, even when it's supposed to be ironed out. Then again, Splatoon runs pretty dang smoothly. So any glitchy goodness can be a delight to see as long as it's not too game breaking.

aceofscarabs

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Also even when the game fails to load their clothing their base models still have black underclothes.

TacoOfDestruction

Pro Squid
NNID
JD1973
I wonder why they have the abilitys they do, also it seems like the sploosh is a placeholder or something, as thats the weapon thats showing up in both examples.

aceofscarabs

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I wonder why they have the abilitys they do, also it seems like the sploosh is a placeholder or something, as thats the weapon thats showing up in both examples.
I think the Sploosh-O-Matic is the first weapon in the data tables, and those might be the first few abilities in the table as well. Could be mistaken though.

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
The odd part is that all of the pieces of clothing are in a different language and the person's name is 'Player' In Mariokart, I think that is what you are named while using a guest mii. I don't know if you can use a guest mii in Splatoon, but if they had an NNID, paired it with the guest mii, and started playing, as guest miis don't save progress, it would not save the clothes the inkling was wearing and so it removes the clothes. Of course, I now near nothing about any of these things, I was just trying to contribute. So if there is an expert on this, help me out.

dukevin

Senior Squid
NNID
dukevin
Offtopic but I once encounted a glitch where the ink color didn't load properly and it was white. It wasn't white the whole match though, only when Judd was counting the ink. Anyone else see this before?

Heroine of Squids

Inkling Cadet
NNID
bellpendant
It could be a glitch that's caused when the game doesn't load stuff up properly or something. Either that or Spyke could've stripped her clothing off entirely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom