• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Splatoon 2 Need info on drinks

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
Guess this means I'll we'll have playable octolings then. =p

I might need those shoes... Did you pick it up from the shop, the app, or order from someone?
Ordered them from someone, but only had one slot full :V i just got lucky with the other 2. If you wanna order them, go ahead and add me, maybe we could play sometime :V

SW-0194-3194-0146

leowtyx

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
leowtyx
When you win a game look at your gear. On the left there is a little ability icon of the drink you're using with a "1.5x" next to it.
I also read it from some datamine figures (don't have the link anymore but I'm sure some Google searching could fid it quick)
That's the 50% increase for gear experience tho..

I did a quick search and could not find the datamine.

Ordered them from someone, but only had one slot full :V i just got lucky with the other 2. If you wanna order them, go ahead and add me, maybe we could play sometime :V

SW-0194-3194-0146
Let's meet tonight!!!

So this must mean Ye Olde Cloth Shoppe sells this!!!

Because it is not on the online store ever, I double checked all items from the beginning.

Last edited:

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
It might be from before the Twitter feed started logging them, and it might even predate the bug fix that allowed headgear abilities to appear on shirts and whatnot. I believe PK Fuzzy even had a prerelease copy, and the app was out for a day before the game was, so it might be floating around from back then.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
It might be from before the Twitter feed started logging them, and it might even predate the bug fix that allowed headgear abilities to appear on shirts and whatnot. I believe PK Fuzzy even had a prerelease copy, and the app was out for a day before the game was, so it might be floating around from back then.
So basically, they're artifacts and not something most of the playerbase can count on getting ahold of. Okay then.

leowtyx

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
leowtyx
As it turns out, it's perfectly legit to get same abilities on a piece of gear from Splatnet.

I just got the Rockenberg shirt with Run Speed Up.

Now the drinks are even more useful now.

Say drinks effect is 25% additive (because my small sample size test 9/32 shows the percentage to roll the desired ability on an unfavored gear is 28%, and without the drinks the percentage should have been 5.7%), combine with 28.5% chance of rolling Run Speed on Rockenberg gear. The chance of rolling Run Speed on one slot is now 53.5%.

(53.5*53.5*53.5)/10,000=15.31%

So this means there are 15.3% chance for you to "level up" your gear to have all 3 same abilities.

Much better chance than using Super Sea Snail, you need to scrub and level up.

Take half way point into mind:

If you are a lucky person in real life, then you would need to scrub 4 times to get a perfect roll.

If you are unlucky in real life, then you would need to scrub 8 times to get a perfect roll.

TL;DR

Favored Brand with Drinks: 15.3% chance to "level up" a perfect gear (4 same abilities)

Favored Brand with Snails: 2.3% chance to "roll" a perfect gear (4 same abilities)

So, use all your Snails to gather ability chunks first just in case you rolled 2 or 3 of a kind. Then scrub and use drinks.

Last edited:

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
We now have Splatnet confirmation:

My dear Tataki Kensaki pullover coat with cold-blooded, one day, I will find you!

Last edited:

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
And another one:
Hmm... I know you're all pining for perfect Special Saver gear, right?

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Only slightly more than perfect quick respawn... ¬¬

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I kind of want it because it's fancy, but I never use special saver and I'd be giving up ink recovery on a cool shirt, soooo...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom