• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Neutrals/Counterpicks/Bans For map selection in tournaments thread

flc

Inkling Commander
NNID
fiveleafclover
I totally agree with you, but we can at least make preliminary judgement regarding the matter and see how it stands over time.
this seems like a good idea, but the problem is that said preliminary judgment will influence all later discussions.

if people start saying "well we should ban arowana because of reasons x y z" then the discussion will always be about those reasons and people will only ever discuss those reasons. eventually this will have to happen, but the reasons should be the right ones and not just "well I saw a sniper go 10-0 on arowana once"

what needs to happen is people need to figure the game out some more, the weapon metagame needs to settle (which it won't for a while just because of the new weapons coming out), and more tournaments with randomised map pools need to be run. until we actually have hundreds of tournament games played between top level teams, we cannot begin the discussion. it's like quantum physics; the more you measure one aspect of a thing, the less certain you are about everything else.

GameGalaxy64

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlareFusion
this seems like a good idea, but the problem is that said preliminary judgment will influence all later discussions.

if people start saying "well we should ban arowana because of reasons x y z" then the discussion will always be about those reasons and people will only ever discuss those reasons. eventually this will have to happen, but the reasons should be the right ones and not just "well I saw a sniper go 10-0 on arowana once"

what needs to happen is people need to figure the game out some more, the weapon metagame needs to settle (which it won't for a while just because of the new weapons coming out), and more tournaments with randomised map pools need to be run. until we actually have hundreds of tournament games played between top level teams, we cannot begin the discussion. it's like quantum physics; the more you measure one aspect of a thing, the less certain you are about everything else.
You convinced me at quantum mechanics, if only more people had an interest in it. ;)

Yeah, all of your points are right. Randomized map pools are a great idea so data about lesser played levels would be unearthed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom