• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

New European Splatfest announced!

Which one?

• Fit

Votes: 15 45.5%
  • Rich

Votes: 18 54.5%

• Total voters

Pinko

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Pinkolol16
No I meant in the case of the mindset that popularity equals loss. That the popular team will always lose because of lesser skill. Ghosts, Anti-Pineapple, and even back in the beginning Rock and Eating were proving that mindset doesn't happen all the time. The more recent examples, Ghosts and Anti-Pineapple proved that it's not so simple as popularity == loss.

You keep saying the same things. No, I'm not just saying my individual performance was the entire team. But during that day, I took the time to look at several websites of people paying attention to different names. Nobody was saying they had troubles this fest. I remember them saying that with Dogs and Dancing and those lost accordingly (with the lowest winning percentages to boot), but the same results came up from people in Team Rich from Ghosts and Anti-Pineapple. As in, nobody really had any issues with the other teams unless it was a mirror match. I had similar results to the reports at queen, and booted my vibe to the highest I've gotten it. It makes little sense we lost.

Fish_Goes_Moo

Inkster Jr.
There were plenty of posts from team fit players also reporting the same thing "no trouble with the other team", it's not only team rich that were posting that they had no trouble, plenty of team fit posters were reporting the same.
On top of that, the people posting are a small portion of the overall splatoon community. So it's likely those posting, will be fairly good compared to the average player and tip the scales in their favour and rack up the wins.

If we are going to throw in what we personally experianced as well, I was team fit, and this was mine after getting to queen

kept tabs on the wins and losses and ended up 36-6. So my experiance was the complete opposite to yours, I didn't see team rich running wild on team fit. Plenty of other team fit players would report the same.

Wasn't rigged, just what is posted online is such a small portion of overall players and you're focusing on the team rich players saying they had no trouble, while ignoring team fit players saying the same.

Last edited:

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
Look hard enough, and in any Splatfest, you'll hear people from both sides talking about how they're stomping the other team or that they're getting annihilated. Even in Pirates vs. Ninjas, the most lopsided American Splatfest, you had people in Team Ninjas talking about their excellent runs and people in Team Pirates talking about their many losses.

There are thousands of people playing in every Splatfest. You're only going to get a tiny percentage of that, and not a fair sample size either because you're only hearing from people whose Splatfest experience was noteworthy enough for them to talk about it. People who were winning and losing somewhat evenly will be a lot quieter about it.

PrinceOfKoopas

Inkling Commander
NNID
PrinceOfKoopas
Look hard enough, and in any Splatfest, you'll hear people from both sides talking about how they're stomping the other team or that they're getting annihilated. Even in Pirates vs. Ninjas, the most lopsided American Splatfest, you had people in Team Ninjas talking about their excellent runs and people in Team Pirates talking about their many losses.

There are thousands of people playing in every Splatfest. You're only going to get a tiny percentage of that, and not a fair sample size either because you're only hearing from people whose Splatfest experience was noteworthy enough for them to talk about it. People who were winning and losing somewhat evenly will be a lot quieter about it.
Just backing up your point:
This Team Burger member, despite Burgers having a win rate of 56-44, was complaining about how dominating Team Pizzas is.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkrBycz4Q

Edit:
Same person calling Team Planes ruthless, even though Team Cars had a win rate of 54-46.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkhL5DzaA

DekuKitty

Pro Squid
NNID
SkyeHunter
I mean at least you guys had a splatfest. Why must NA have such a weird splatfest schedule... *stares at empty box which once held sea snails*

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
Well, you can do what I do and never ever re-roll for anything, using Super Sea Snails only to add slots and looking for optimized gear on other plaza Inklings. And now I'm up to my neck in Super Sea Snails, with about 46.

Macaque

Inkster Jr.
NNID
R-Gray-S
Anyone else see terrible lag during this splatfest, or is it my connection? At times I was shooting people 7 - 8 times with my 96 Gal before they would die!

MissingNumbers

Inkling Commander
NNID
MissingN
Switch Friend Code
SW-4262-2166-2532
Well, people have tested what happens in the event of a tie in Turf War, and one side is randomly chosen to win by a difference of 0.1% (even if it's no amount inked at all, one team will still get 0.1% and win).
I have said this time and time again, it's not random, it's always the Alpha Team. The Bravo side never wins in a tie.

Fish_Goes_Moo

Inkster Jr.
Anyone else see terrible lag during this splatfest, or is it my connection? At times I was shooting people 7 - 8 times with my 96 Gal before they would die!
Was fine here, same as all the other splatfests for me.

Maybe you were just unlucky and kept running into Aus players? Would be even more likely if you were playing at non-peak eu time.

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
I have said this time and time again, it's not random, it's always the Alpha Team. The Bravo side never wins in a tie.
Which one is the Alpha Team and which one is the Bravo Team? Is there a way to tell in random matches?

Pinko

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Pinkolol16
depends on the colour combination. One colour is always alpha and one is always bravo. Splatfests turn Callie into Alpha and Marie into Bravo.

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
Huh, didn't know that. Is there a list somewhere that shows each color combination's Alpha and Bravo?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom