• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

New European Splatfest announced!

Which one?

• Fit

Votes: 15 45.5%
  • Rich

Votes: 18 54.5%

• Total voters

TacoOfDestruction

Pro Squid
NNID
JD1973
Im gonna go with get fit, Its probably gonna win if you ask me. Im also kinda fat so its something i need to do.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I care little about getting fit. Not because I like being chubby, but because I have neither the drive to set about losing Xty lbs., nor the money to get surgery.

Wealth is fleeting, but I think I could manage it better than my folks at least, and definitely better than I have my looks.

But then, a European I am not, so my opinion doesn't really matter.

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Man, that is just brutal.

Now I'm expecting Team Fit to pull off a sheer landslide in victories and take the Splatfest.

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
What are the stages for this Splatfest? Was Piranha Pit included among them?

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
x4 would have tied, x2 would have money win

x6 actually mattered.
I would've loved to see how Splatoon would've dealt with this. I've always wondered how they would settle a tie. Would both teams get winning Sea Snails, or would the counting engine go into more subtle differences to skew the results so one team does win.

LimitCrown

Full Squid
NNID
LimitCrown
The less popular team with a small lead in the amount of wins won again. It isn't really surprising.

EDIT: @Sol64, your calculations are incorrect. Assuming that the difference in the percentages didn't change, both scores would be the same if the multiplier was 2x.

Last edited:

Pinko

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Pinkolol16
Um, are we going to disregard ghosts + anti-pineapple if popular = loss apparently functions exactly the same way here?
By the way, these results make little sense considering all the reports of people who were winning landslides in team rich all over the internet including myself, getting my freshness to on fire +16 which has been impossible in previous fests

I'm actually kinda convinced that they rigged it for Callie to send the kids good messages for the new year. Just there because of how absurd the win percentages seem to be with what I researched and experienced.

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
I would've loved to see how Splatoon would've dealt with this. I've always wondered how they would settle a tie. Would both teams get winning Sea Snails, or would the counting engine go into more subtle differences to skew the results so one team does win.
Well, people have tested what happens in the event of a tie in Turf War, and one side is randomly chosen to win by a difference of 0.1% (even if it's no amount inked at all, one team will still get 0.1% and win). In Ranked, if the losing team catches up to the winning team but gets stopped right at that moment, their countdown goes back up by one point.

That leads me to believe that efforts are made to prevent ties from ever happening in Splatoon, and it'd be interesting to see how they calculate tied Splatfests. I also wouldn't be surprised if the win multiplier was upped to x6 partially to prevent ties.

Sol64

The RNG God of /r/Splatoon
I'm actually kinda convinced that they rigged it for Callie to send the kids good messages for the new year. Just there because of how absurd the win percentages seem to be with what I researched and experienced.
Or you know... just accept your loss.

Glass Eater

Pro Squid
yeah, no.

LimitCrown

Full Squid
NNID
LimitCrown
Um, are we going to disregard ghosts + anti-pineapple if popular = loss apparently functions exactly the same way here?
By the way, these results make little sense considering all the reports of people who were winning landslides in team rich all over the internet including myself, getting my freshness to on fire +16 which has been impossible in previous fests
Splatfests in which one team had more popularity and wins than the other don't really matter at all because those teams will win no matter what the multiplier is. Therefore, those Splatfests should be disregarded. Including the results of those Splatfests with the others when determining what the multiplier should be is very misleading.
A person's individual performance and experiences in a Splatfest isn't an accurate determiner of how well their team is doing. As a side note, I don't understand why some people who were on the losing team in a Splatfest say that the opposing team deserved to win (or that their team deserved to lose) because they didn't perform well and attribute that to their team as a whole.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom