New Favorites and Old Loves

Driftwood

Pro Squid
Pronouns
he/him
Switch Friend Code
SW-3698-7224-9692
I know we are only a few days into the new season so this might be a little premature, but it's gotten me thinking. The new kits are pretty dang good so far I've almost entirely been using the new weapons this season, especially the Custom Dousers and the CRB. Interestingly for me the Wellstring has fallen off even though it was the first one I tried. I say interesting because the only older weapon that has gotten any playtime this season is my beloved Tri-Stringer.

Anyway I was curious about everyone else. Who's found a new main (or at least a new permanent pick in their weapon pool)? And who has gone back to an old fave despite the rich new menu on offer?

OnePotWonder

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
I've been enjoying both the Douser Dualies and the Wellstring these past two seasons, and I would be enjoying the Recycled Brella as well if it was at all decent in solo queue. I haven't been using as many old favorites lately, but I have been playing a little H-3 here and there, fruitlessly attempting to relive its Splatoon 2 glory days. I haven't used Tri-Stringer since the update dropped, but when I get back to it I know for certain that it'll be a perfect compliment to my new main the Wellstring.
I should also probably try the Custom Douser Dualies at some point, though I'm worried that they won't be as fun as the vanilla kit.

DzNutsKong

Inkling Commander
So for anyone who hasn't seen me spamming profile posts I've been doing much, MUCH better with the Charcoal Decavitator over the past five days than I've ever done with any other weapon. Thing's not easy as is and I've been clicking super well with it in spite of that, in spite of the weapon's playstyle being very different from any of my previous mains, and in spite of midlines being everywhere which are currently this thing's most difficult matchups. Highlights include a win streak of 14 games in a row, a ~75% win rate over my 50 most recent games at one point, a 26 kill game with zero assists which is the highest I've ever gotten, and many, many games I've won off of pushes I've given my teammates in the first 30 seconds of a match.

I love Stamper. Probably always will. But when there's a weapon that's as fun as this one that also completely transforms your results for the better, you should probably take that as a sign to swap mains. I probably will not be putting serious time into Stamper again for a while, at the very least the next month or so.

isaac4

Inkling Fleet Admiral
My main focus since the start of the season has been playing CRB.
I've been really looking forward to it, even having my QR build ready before the season was out.
Besides that, the new Bamboo is fun but my aim isn't great and I really don't like that the main weapon has a problem with painting a straight line for itself on slopes or certain terrain.
I'm still playing a bit of Machine though, just not as much as I usually do since I'm trying to get better with Range.

Grushi

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
I'm taking a break from tent for now (I've basically only played tent for the entirety of may hah) so I'm mostly focusing on the new weapons.

Before the season came out I thought I'd play the new bamboo and hedit but recycled 2 caught me completely off guard. I think this main weapon actually works once you give it an ultra aggressive kit, and mist on it isn't even that bad. So I've been playing this like a tetra dualie (1 main and 5 subs of qr lmao) and it's actually kinda working.

I can't believe I'm STILL not done with this goddamn weapon

QuagSass

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-4841-6661-0032
I mean, I knew the moment we saw Crab Tank on Edit that it was going in my weapon pool permanently. After a special like that there was nothing they could do to mess up the kit. And then they gave it Splat Bomb <3
Been playing both Edit kits pretty equally right now. It's been great.

But besides that, haven't played much due to having adult responsibilities (pain), but I've of course been enjoying the Custom Hydra as well. The kit synergises with the main so so much better, even if the lack of Autobombs is felt at times. Definitely something for me to consider per map mode. I find that the vanilla kit is better for Tower Control at least, maybe Clam Blitz as well.

Hokuto

Pro Squid
Pronouns
they/he/ze
Switch Friend Code
SW-5561-7608-9695
I switch characters when I play certain weapons. My Agent 8 played my Range Blaster when I got bold enough to try it out. Because my recklessly aggressive playstyle means I don't have the patience for Wave Breaker as anything more than an ink refill, the kit doesn't work the best for us. Then I heard "new kit" and "Kraken" and thought "my Captain would dig this." As such, I think I'm going to move Eight to Crabling Heavy Edit Nouveau and Skipper away from Custom E-Liter. (It's important to me to keep a Kraken special on Skipper, but it's also better to have them use something that doesn't punish our awful aim as much as a charger.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom