• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

New music band coming

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
Wait, is the band member in the middle a human? He doesn't look like he have any sea features going on...
He has pointy ears with 3 notches each cut into them. Maybe he is a different type of squid or a cuttlefish hence the shorter tentacles?

Zero Revolution

Pro Squid
NNID
Zeedief123
Switch Friend Code
SW-8519-0178-2889
Awesome, that's one of my favorite songs in the game so far! I'm glad they're adding more than just one in-game band. I'd like to see more songs from Squid Squad as well, punk is my favorite genre as it is, and the music in the game already is really great.

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
The bands and songs are just getting better and better.
These names are ingenious too.
So they specialize in a semi chiptune sound I bet. Also hope the billboard in inkopolis plaza will change out with some of the new bands as well. Also new sea creatures!

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
I love their sound! It's like squid-verse anamanaguchi.

Was I the only one who looked at the 3rd person down and freaked out because they're eyes make them look like an octoling?
.....She's an anemone. There's a black clownfish next to her hat. But the eeeeeyes.

Caito

Inkling
NNID
CallMeCaito
I really enjoy the new bands! I feel like Hightide Era is a grown-up version of the name Hey! Say! JUMP. "Hightide Era" also refers to the time in history in which Splatoon takes place. (Are the contents of Sunken Scrolls from Hero Mode common knowledge yet?) ABXY I would guess is each band member's initials, like ABBA.

ZeroParadox

Senior Squid
NNID
ZeroParadox
I really enjoy the new bands! I feel like Hightide Era is a grown-up version of the name Hey! Say! JUMP. "Hightide Era" also refers to the time in history in which Splatoon takes place. (Are the contents of Sunken Scrolls from Hero Mode common knowledge yet?) ABXY I would guess is each band member's initials, like ABBA.
Well I don't know about names but I'm pretty sure "ABXY" are just common face buttons on Nintendo controllers, which makes sense for a chiptune band.

Speaking of which, more ABXY and Squid Sisters songs pls ;-;

Caito

Inkling
NNID
CallMeCaito
I'm pretty sure "ABXY" are just common face buttons on Nintendo controllers, which makes sense for a chiptune band.
Oh yeah, that's true. It works on multiple levels! (Like the Booyah Base pun.)

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
I love their sound! It's like squid-verse anamanaguchi.

Was I the only one who looked at the 3rd person down and freaked out because they're eyes make them look like an octoling?
.....She's an anemone. There's a black clownfish next to her hat. But the eeeeeyes.
Annie has similar eyes. Also love how the anemone girls hair is tied up at the ends.

What is the guy/girl on the far right? A sea slug? Their shirt is also a reference to Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon album art.

Zero Revolution

Pro Squid
NNID
Zeedief123
Switch Friend Code
SW-8519-0178-2889
The new music is great, my only issue is the music from Hightide Era is a bit more difficult to hear over your ink sound effects. (specifically in Tower Control) But I do love all the new music.

MasterYoshidino

Inkster Jr.
NNID
masteryoshidino
Switch Friend Code
SW-4197-0965-9397
Love track 31 a.k.a "VS Theme 9". Hightide Era is a nice change from the typical feel of Splatoon music while ABXY is trying to spice things up with a more chiptune track.

Ryuji

Inkling Commander
NNID
Ryuji777x
As a huge VGM buff, I have to say that while the new music is great, I can't help but feel it doesn't fit the atmosphere in online play. I'm actually disappointed. I expect music that is actually appropriate for the intensity and chaos you see online. It doesn't seem fitting at all.

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
As a huge VGM buff, I have to say that while the new music is great, I can't help but feel it doesn't fit the atmosphere in online play. I'm actually disappointed. I expect music that is actually appropriate for the intensity and chaos you see online. It doesn't seem fitting at all.
I tend to play music while playing splatoon so the songs sound somewhat closer to the poppy electro synthy and jazz synth stuff I end up listening too than the original soundtrack (which I love, but it can get stale after playing daily for several hours.) Kinda sad that I have been seeing negative comments about it elsewhere online about it being boring or plain.

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
What the heck, SplatoonUS just announced ABXY as the "Chirpy Chips." (Chripy chips??? It's typo'd underneath)
Which is a pun on chirpy chirps and chiptunes, but ABXY was far more clever.

Also? They renamed "Friend List" to "Shelfie," but there aren't really any lyrics to say that the song doesn't fit either titles so I guess that's arbitrary?

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
What the heck, SplatoonUS just announced ABXY as the "Chirpy Chips." (Chripy chips??? It's typo'd underneath)
Which is a pun on chirpy chirps and chiptunes, but ABXY was far more clever.

Also? They renamed "Friend List" to "Shelfie," but there aren't really any lyrics to say that the song doesn't fit either titles so I guess that's arbitrary?
I like ABXY much more. Looks like the treehouse is making them to be a pop chiptune band instead of a video game inspired chiptune band.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom