• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

New Splatoon 3 Story Speculation

Cephalobro

Now that the final Splatfest has concluded with the victory of Team Chaos, I have thought of what could happen. The reason why I didn't do this sooner is that I was waiting for the results before making a long, thought out story. I have changed my idea of what could happen long before the Final Splatfest began. My new idea is that the winner of the Splatfest would become the antagonist instead of the side that lost, the reason being the antagonists also choosing sides. I'll start with the setting so the story will make sense later.

The Setting:

This is Inkopolis with Octarians living in it due to no more rules or laws. After Agent 4 has defeated DJ Octavio, many more Octarians are freed as a result. This time, it's not just Octolings but also other subspecies like Octotroopers, Octocopters and many more. However, DJ Octavio is secretly angry at his kind for abandoning him and the underground culture without his command. He plots to take over Inkopolis with the Salmonids at his command instead. Things aren't looking great on the Inkling side either as Pearl seems to just want the city to change in major ways every single day, not giving anyone a chance for the safety. While Marina is still best friends with Pearl, she isn't too happy about how safety became a thing of the past.

The Story:

A new Inkling/Octoling makes their way to Inkopolis, after arriving at the city, they discover all sorts of Octarians living in it. The Zapfish all ran away at some point, with limited energy, the Octarians in the city start organizing search parties to find them and bring them back to the city. After all, they have just gotten out of life or death situation that is their underground domes running out of energy, so they don't want the same mistake to happen 3 times. The new Inkling/Octoling notices Cap'n Cuttlefish standing near a locked gate, after approaching him, he resists on unlocking the gate at first, but then allows the protagonist through.

"Callie has gone missing again!" is the first thing you see Marie telling to a mysterious figure whose appearance is completely unknown while Marina sits with another completely unknown figure. Cap'n Cuttlefish starts talking to the protagonist, "What up bucko? My name is Cap'n Cuttlefish, the leader of the New Squidbeak Splatoon, things are really carpy right now and they're a mess! I was hoping to find a cool shark like you to bring order back to Inkopolis. So, are you in for some awesome combat?" As usual, the protagonist is silent.

Cap'n Cuttlefish speaks again, "Your silence, I will take it as a yes. You will be Agent 5, lucky for you, you'll be wearing new, really cool gear while you're out there. Don't expect to fight Octarians again like Agent 3 did a long time ago, instead, the Salmonids are the problem. While Grizz Co. sends groups to deal with the Salmonids, you will have to do this battle alone. It's kind of lame, but we need to predict Salmonid behavior before we see who is behind this mess!"

Marie introduces herself and the rest of the team, "Well, now that you're part of our splatoon, I would like for you to meet the members, I'm Marie. That nervous Octoling is Marina, she isn't really a member, she just wanted to help us in our cause. You might have been wondering who are these cloaked members with masks who are with us."

The first cloaked figure steps in, Marie says "This is Agent 3, the second member who has defeated the leader of the Octarians. I don't remember what Agent 3 looks like, we haven't seen each other for a long time." This is when the prompt to choose Agent 3's appearance comes up, still only being limited to the customization choices seen in Splatoon 1 and Octo Expansion. Agent 3 removes their cloak and mask after their appearance is customized. Agent 3 just nods to the protagonist as a response.

Marina finishes introducing the team for Marie, "This other member is Agent 8, we along with Pearl prevented the destruction of the world...", before she could say anything else Agent 8 stepped forward and just like with Agent 3, removed their cloak and mask after being customized, now with the Octoling customization option from Splatoon 2.

After the team's introduction, Cap'n Cuttlefish exclaims "It's time to splat those slimy fish in the face!" to the protagonist. The journey to find the Zapfish begins... again!

To be continued

Wow, this was a lot to type, with even more story speculation still yet to come.

Last edited:

Cephalobro

Well, time to double-post since there shouldn't be separate parts to this because of the inevitable separation of the story where one part gets discovered while the other remains buried in the sea of other threads inevitably, so I'm going to stick to the all-parts-in-one-thread plan I had in my mind for a long time.

The story continues... with the new recruit!

After Agent 5 has been sent outside the borders of Inkopolis and into the now claimed Salmonid territory, they discover some safe areas created by the Octarians looking to bring the Zapfish back to the city, Agent 5 meets a small group of them who just finished setting up makeshift walls to hold the Salmonids back. This group is also using some Octarian weapons against the Salmonids to keep them out, Marina is the reason why they want to help the cause, as someone nicer in charge of society would be much better than someone who uses mind control to command it. Agent 5 walks through the first door which is the only one that's unlocked so as the team of Octarians sent to retrieve the Zapfish would be able to return.

However, something isn't right, the Octarian search parties have never returned despite Salmonids not being intelligent enough to defeat an army that's coordinated enough. Agent 5 must get to the bottom of this, there may be more than one villain who's behind this. In the first level, Agent 5 is introduced to The Trench, a world outside of Inkopolis where chaos reign and safety doesn't exist. As Agent 5 fights the Salmonids, the protagonist notices the Salmonids being more organized than expected. This isn't the natural behavior of Salmonids at all, the other members of the New Squidbeak Splatoon, as well as Marina, took note of this. Later in the level, Agent 5 discovers a trapped group of Octarians, it doesn't take mechanical knowledge to see that this group is a search party being made up of Octotroopers. Another confusion about this situation is that they were captured instead of splatted, Salmonids always try to splat and never capture. The first Zapfish is not far away from the glass box that holds the Octotroopers, after Agent 5 frees them, the Octotroopers open the way to the Zapfish so Agent 5 can obtain it. Oh and Agent 5 also discovers side information as a reward for exploration as well!

Agent 5 reports back to Cap'n Cuttlefish, though, Agent 5 being silent hasn't stopped the realization that Salmonid behavior is not natural as of lately. After Agent 5 enters The Trench again, they noticed that the Octotroopers they saved came back and thanks to their skill, they unlock the second door. As Agent 5 continues to retrieve more Zapfish as well as rescuing more Octarians like Octocopters and Twintacle Octotroopers, the splatoon continues to uncover more of the truth while Agent 5 continues to find even more side information. Agent 5 eventually meets another Inkling who's covered from head to toe similarly to how they met Agent 3, this one is Agent 4 instead and just like with Agent 3 and 8, they are also customizable, but with the Splatoon 2 Inkling options instead. Agent 4 starts silently attacking Agent 5 for seemingly 'not giving in to their desires'. Since Agent 4 thought they would win against Agent 5 in a one-on-one battle, they did not see Agent 5 winning the battle instead. After being defeated, Agent 4 retreats. Before, during, and after the battle, Marie reminisced about how she guided Agent 4 on a mission to rescue Callie before this mess happened.

After the third set of doors, Agent 5 meets Pearl, being upset that Marina is helping someone to bring order, Pearl exclaims "No chumps mess with the Queen of Chaos and gets away with it, yo! Ima mess you up!" before attacking Agent 5. Agent 5 must watch out for Pearl's screams being channeled into her Killer Wail, after splatting Pearl a few times, she isn't able to battle for the time being and she retreats, but not before saying "You'll regret this, chump!", after the battle, Marina remembers how she used to hang out with Pearl every day and how she misses her.

Agent 5 continues to fight the Salmonids in the desperate attempt to save whatever Order is left and bringing in more. The New Squidbeak Splatoon, Marina, and the Octarians hope this mess ends before Inkopolis loses its remaining Orderly state.

To be continued

This is another huge chunk being done, just one more and this is complete.

Last edited:

Cephalobro

Time for the final speculative part of this story, I gotta say that it has been a lot of fun making this and I do plan on making more theories and speculations about Splatoon, but for the time being, enjoy this story with gameplay elements explained.

The new recruit faces new challenges, can they prevent total chaos before it's too late?

Agent 5 arrives at the fourth set of doors and continues on their journey, in some outside parts of The Trench, organized Salmonid armies block their path, the numbers are too much! Before the situation got worse, the protagonist received help, on the first door, the help was from Agent 3, on the second door, Agent 8 helped to stop the Salmonid army, on the remaining two, the saved Octarians launched inksplosives at the Salmonid army, greatly reducing the numbers so Agent 5 can finish the job. After the fourth set of doors, Callie appears and she has her roller in hand. "This is where you will be stopped!!" she says as she attacks Agent 5. Despite her skills as a roller user, Callie gets defeated by being splatted 3 times. After being tired from the battle, she retreats but not before saying "Carp, I need to tell someone powerful about this! Is this really for eel?!". Marie remembers the time in which she was reunited with Callie thanks to Agent 4's efforts and that she hopes to be reunited with Callie again.

This is it, the final set of doors, the dangers of the chaotic world are strong, but the combined efforts of the New Squidbeak Splatoon, Marina, and the Octarians are stronger. Agent 5 gains confidence as they enter the final set of doors. They start to see some Octarian-themed structures whereas the previous set of doors had familiar Inkling structures. After rescuing the rest of the Octarians and retrieving all of the normal Zapfish, Agent 5 encounters the previous agents of chaos: Agent 4, Pearl, and Callie as well as a new boss Salmonid, all leading up to the final battle against DJ Octavio. DJ Octavio says, "Bwahaha, my chaotic remixes will destroy you in the face!" before attacking Agent 5, however, DJ Octavio is joined by Pearl, Callie, and Agent 4 as well as hundreds of Salmonids. This is proving too difficult for Agent 5 to handle! Luckily for them, the New Squidbeak Splatoon, Marina, and the Octarians decided to help Agent 5 in battle. As an all-out war occurs between the Order side and the Chaotic side, Agent 5 goes to confront DJ Octavio, they defeat him and his army thanks to the chaotic way of having an army not working out.

With the victory of the New Squidbeak Splatoon, Marina, the Octarians, and Agent 5, order is finally saved. A new era of peace between the Inklings and the Octarians is made, DJ Octavio accepts that the surface is in a better condition than the underground. The idol duos are finally reunited and Agent 4 is forgiven for their actions by the other Agents. Most importantly, the Salmonids retreat back to their waters, leaving Inkopolis at peace once again.

The End

And there you have it, my Splatoon 3 story speculation. I wanted to encompass the whole story instead of only part of it. This was a lot of fun to make and this is different enough by having two objectives each level instead of one like previous hero modes.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom