• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

New things from the Nintendo Direct

Cephalobro

So, Inkopolis Plaza will come back, which is a nice surprise. Although, everything available in Splatsville will be available in Inkopolis Plaza as well, such as Salmon Run. This is a nice callback for veterans who played Splatoon 1. This also technically means that not only are the Squid Sisters coming back into their original spotlight, but also that Octolings can now be legitimately seen in the original lobby of the series for the first time ever. I wonder if the music from Splatoon 1 will come back as well.

Also during the direct, a new story mode will be available called Side Order, per my suspicion, there won't be a new playable species. As for what the story is going to be, it's hard to speculate at this point.

QuackNSnack

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-5387-6951-7691
Since Sheldon appears to be still running Ammo Knights' Splatsville location, Inkopolis' Ammo Knights' will be run by two new characters, Shelly and Donny.

1675901306718.png

Shrimp Kicks will also receive a new shopkeeper; the slightly more morbidly named and designed Fred Crumbs:

1675901548423.png

Forma

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Forma1
Switch Friend Code
SW-3994-7331-0318
During the whole segment, I was waiting for the stinger for Wave 1... one that never came. I'm assuming this pack is going to cost $30, and if I could shave that off to $20 by not buying Wave 1 I would definitely do so. Probably not an option, unfortunately.

Not saying it isn't cool - it is! It just sucks that all it is is an old hub.
edit: almost instantly proven wrong, $25. Still would've prefered to just pay $20, but it beats paying $30.

Elbowtross

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
elbowtross256
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8505-2901
I gotta admit, I didn't expect to see Splatoon1's hub return. It's nice to see it again as well as how it's progressed throughout the years. I hope that the battle lobby for Inkopolis Plaza is different to the one in Splatsville. I'm certain it will, but we don't know until we do. Something to note, the shops in Inkopolis had 9 gear items stocked instead of the usual 6. Hopefully - in a future update - stores will just have more items for sale and not have it be some exclusive thing just for those with an expansion pass.

As for that single-player campaign. It looks kinda like a follow up to Octo Expansion. Also a consequence of the Chaos vs Order splatfest as well. I mean with a name like "Second Order" it certainly isn't being too subtle there. It'll likely be similar, gameplay-wise, to Octo Expasion I'd bet. Also I'd guess finishing it will unlock the ability to travel back to Inkopolis Square. Just a hunch.

NNID
ocelotprincess25
Switch Friend Code
SW-2098-0956-3400
Since Sheldon appears to be still running Ammo Knights' Splatsville location, Inkopolis' Ammo Knights' will be run by two new characters, Shelly and Donny.

View attachment 7742

Shrimp Kicks will also receive a new shopkeeper; the slightly more morbidly named and designed Fred Crumbs:

View attachment 7744
ayo i only just realized timmy and tommy sheldon version-

Cephalobro

Okay, so after getting a look at the images of Side Order (seriously, they are gone way too fast), my bet is that we are going to play as a younger Marina, meaning this will be the first non-customizable character that we will play as (unless you count DJ Octavio as partly playable during the end game of The Return of the Mammalians, then in this case, Marina might be the second non-customizable character we will get to play as). If this is the case, then we get direct confirmation that the playable Octolings are the same species as the Octolings encountered in Octo Valley and Octo Canyon.

SacredWarrior

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
SacredWarrior88
Switch Friend Code
SW-5006-3355-6621
I was hoping for some new weapons as well as some old ones but Inkopolis coming back is pretty awesome too :) I definitely plan on getting this expansion pack when it drops!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom