new Urchin Underpass Tour

Kbot

Full-time TO
Event Organizer
Definetley looks and feels more open than it was. Not sure if I like it though. It just looks....strange.

Ars Nova

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
creed32
Switch Friend Code
SW-5634-9921-9888
I love it and it is a lot more accessible and open so I won't be overly worried about the opponents locking my team into our territory.

2xDair

Full Squid
NNID
Elecrogelion
This redesign is probably for the best and I'm sure it will grow on me, but I honestly liked the old design better. Now it feels too open in my opinion. Looking at this, it seems like the map is going to be easier on chargers. There are more spots with high ground and there are few sharp corners, something that made it too easy for chargers to become sitting ducks when moving towards the center.

Piicrosi

Inkling
NNID
Piicrosi
Wow. Looks like a totally different map now. It changed a lot more than I thought. But I like it! Now it seems a lot more open, even if it looks a bit.. Weird. Might be just because i'm not used to it.

Ars Nova

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
creed32
Switch Friend Code
SW-5634-9921-9888
This redesign is probably for the best and I'm sure it will grow on me, but I honestly liked the old design better. Now it feels too open in my opinion. Looking at this, it seems like the map is going to be easier on chargers. There are more spots with high ground and there are few sharp corners, something that made it too easy for chargers to become sitting ducks when moving towards the center.
I think they did that to balance the splatling gun. I imagine that an entire team of competent splatling guns users could clear out the center and keep it cleared for an entire match.

Ars Nova

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
creed32
Switch Friend Code
SW-5634-9921-9888
I have not actually seen any footage of a splatling gun in action yet, so I wouldn't know. Are there any videos or webpages showcasing it yet?

Rapid fire and long range would decimate that cramped course.

Topazrekerboy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
janspinoy
Well, for one, we now know that the Slosher has Inkstrike (oh god) and in my opinion, I really like the new UU now. So much space!

Mr.HawK

The Artist
Idunno, everything feel so cluttered and look like it was someone first level creator map.
well the map is yet to be truly tested so we dont know what it will be like, but yeah at first glance it looks clustered. but thats also cuz the person running around was just, well, running around......

Me during the whole video ^^
now we can rejoice. REJOICE MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS!!!!!!!!!

redacteddd

Banned (6 points)
I'm not feelin the center. As cool as it is that they added more cover opportunities and made the whole thing feel a little more open, as a result, it no longer looks like an underpass and more like some walled in park.

Summer1401

Full Squid
NNID
Litaker
I'm so scared. everything looks so dangerous. that little cluster of stuff that leads to the center with the trees is super scary. E-liters on that tower shooting into the trees. Rollers flinging from that little platform just in front of the E-liter perch. The glass exit into the middle. the weird little curve into the new section. I want the old underpass back. (I'm sure I'll get use to the new one, it's just too scary for me right now.)

Mr.HawK

The Artist
I'm so scared. everything looks so dangerous. that little cluster of stuff that leads to the center with the trees is super scary. E-liters on that tower shooting into the trees. Rollers flinging from that little platform just in front of the E-liter perch. The glass exit into the middle. the weird little curve into the new section. I want the old underpass back. (I'm sure I'll get use to the new one, it's just too scary for me right now.)
the old underpass was as irritating as moray is now, mostly due to the one spot on the ramp that chargers can take to literally wipe out anyone that comes through AND IT WAS SO EASY TO DO AS WELL. not only could it be completely impossible to push but the pathways into the middle were so small an hard enough to maneuver in and out of without being completely trapped. im sorta questioning the the trees bit but atleast rollers and blaster cant just hide in one spot, wait for you to come out, splat you, then rinse and repeat.

Basically TL;DR it was better for camping than Trigger fish. IYKWIM -_-

NWPlayer123

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
NWPlayer1234
the old underpass was as irritating as moray is now, mostly due to the one spot on the ramp that chargers can take to literally wipe out anyone that comes through AND IT WAS SO EASY TO DO AS WELL. not only could it be completely impossible to push but the pathways into the middle were so small an hard enough to maneuver in and out of without being completely trapped. im sorta questioning the the trees bit but atleast rollers and blaster cant just hide in one spot, wait for you to come out, splat you, then rinse and repeat.

Basically TL;DR it was better for camping than Trigger fish. IYKWIM -_-
I'm just upset because I'm gonna have to relearn everything :\ It's ingrained in my brain from 24 hours of Splatfest and many many hours online.

Mr.HawK

The Artist
I'm just upset because I'm gonna have to relearn everything :\ It's ingrained in my brain from 24 hours of Splatfest and many many hours online.
well its not like its a comepletely new map, there are similar aspects of the original underpass that are still in tact, and some of the new structure kinda make it look more open which is good imo

Blue24

Inkling Commander
NNID
bluebomber2425
Well hope this map is in the next splatfest then :P

Ars Nova

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
creed32
Switch Friend Code
SW-5634-9921-9888
Well hope this map is in the next splatfest then :p
This map and Camp Triggerfish are the ones I hope are in the next splatfest. I really want to play Camp Triggerfish at night!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom