• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

New Weapon DLC Ideas.

Kyreshirem

Full Squid
NNID
Drone49
Name: Super Scope
Type: Charger
Uncharged Damage: 35
Max Charge Damage: 140
Range: 70
Charge Speed: 40
Mobility: 30
Sub Weapon: Seeker
Special Weapon: Echolocator
A blaster that makes larger impacts the longer it is charged.

I kind of wanted this since we have the N-ZAPs. And I thought the echolocator will be a nice strategy with a seeker.

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
Name: Slinkshot
Type: Charger
Damage: Uncharged: 10-25 Charged: 25-65
Info: A irregular charger that shoots Burst Bombs. Although uncharged shots (>10% full) do little damage and have poor range, charged shots have the same power and burst effects of a Burst Bomb but gain speed and range as it charges. Fully charged shots have the same range and speed as a shot from a Splat Charger. It charges relatively fast (Between the rate of a Squiffer and a Bamboozler) so you can splat foes by repeatedly hitting them. It has good ink efficiency too, same as the Bamboozler.

The original comes with Sprinklers to supplement it's poor ink coverage and an Inkstrike to further support your team. The Deco variant comes with Disruptors to make enemies vulnerable and Killer Wail to splat unwary foes you disrupt.

Scarfking

Inkling
NNID
christian
Name: Splat-Gun
Type: Shooter/Blaster hybrid
Base Damage: 95
Range: 15
Attack: 75
Fire rate: 5
Sub Weapon: Burst Bombs (Sprinkler)
Special Weapon: Inkzooka (Bubbler)
The Splat-Gun is very similar to a shotgun. It fires approx. 7 shots of ink at once in a wide spray, but with horrid range, comparable to the Splash-O-Matic. It also has bad firing rate, firing once or twice every second. Its ink efficiency is also lackluster. The Burst Bombs help its range, and can be used to splat foes who get off with just one hit. The Inkzooka compliments it well by giving it an unexpected range. The custom variant would have the Sprinkler to help with its poor ink spreading, and the Bubbler to help against chargers and support your team.

Ink dweller

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Jchalla
Instead of an actual weapon, I'm thinking of a new weapon class.
My vision of a bow and arrow class would look like a bow and arrow. It would sort of be like a charger, but with a few exceptions:

There is no laser on the Ink bow and arrow. The ink bow has the same charge function as a Splatling. The first charge is to set up the bow. The second charge, is for aim. there will be an aiming icon that will indicate where the arrow is going. But only the ink bow and arrow user can see it. When the arrow launches it will make a sound. Then, a few seconds before it's about to hit an object, ( time it sounds before it makes impact varies on the speed that the arrow is going depends on the arrow speed. If you charge it well, it it makes another sound that inkings in an Ink strike's radius can hear. When it makes impact with an object, the bow will explode to about the radius of a suction bomb. If an inkling gets hit by the arrow directly, they will automatically get splatted. After a player gets splatted, the game will tell if you got splatted by a curve shot, or a straight shot.(This is when spectator mode would be really useful. @Aweshucks has a sticky thread about that). If you don't want to hear a sound, the bomb sniffer ability would be useful because then you can be alerted of the presence of arrows coming your way.

Ways this would be good to Splatoon: You can add it to legend of Zelda, or Kid Icarus amiibo DLC as Link's, Pit's, and Dark Pit's Bow and arrow.

Basic bow, Custom basic bow, quickdraw bow, custom quickdraw bow, long range bow, custom long range bow

Those are all the ideas I have for a splatoon bow and arrow class

Claus

Full Squid
NNID
Bluevisionist
Charger Roller:

Range: Same as that of the Carbon Roller on flick, has the roller width of a regular roller
Base Damage: 20 on normal collision, 20 on flick: 120 on charged collision
Flick Rate: Same as that of a normal Roller
Rolling Speed: Equal to the Carbon Roller
Sub Weapon: Point Sensor
Special: Killer Wail

This is a roller not designed to flick and be rid of enemies, this is a roller designed to flatten them! This is a special roller fitted with a Motor that, once you flick, you begin charging in place. Unable to move? Isn't that against the roller conventions? Maybe, but once you let go of your charge, you zoom in a straight line forward! Your distance, speed, and collision damage are all proportional to the time spent charging. With about a 3/4 charge dealing lethal damage! The charge time is slightly slower than that of the E-Litre 3K. Be careful though! Once you charge, you are almost fully committed to that direction, with only slight changes in direction allowed.

Sheldon Store text:

A revolutionary kind of roller designed purely with rolling in mind! Charge and release to start flying at tremendous speeds! Keep mind of walls and higher ground where enemies can retreat though...

Lester Roquefort

Pro Squid
NNID
LesterRoquefort
Switch Friend Code
SW-2928-7410-6310
Not sure if it's been said, but i'd like a Steam Roller wheel for a Roller... (This is different from the above because charging it does nothing but ink spray, and you're not allowed to move at all.)

It being extremely slow and hard to steer, but you get a shield from it, because it's so huge. And naturally, you can't flick it at all. Instead, your inkling picks it up an inch off the ground and it whirs, spraying paint over a foot in front of you. Also, when you do this, it whirrs for 4 whole seconds and your stuck in the animation, so people can just run around you and point blank you. Also, the whirr does very little damage because it's just spray.

:splashwall: and :killerwail:, to stress people into playing defense with it.

And for a brush, i'd like a Foam Hand. Naturally, it covers respectively of its size (possibly slightly bigger than the biggest brush). But as you can guess, it's mostly for slapping people, as such, you can get three or four whacks out of it and, although not likely, slapping sounds are included. (Hey, that's why i enjoy the TF2 whip so much.)
And if the developers are into it, you can slap team mates too, for pure "keks" and "lels".... which might also lead into people high fiveing other Hand Brushers.

:sprinkler: and :bubbler: for it, just to be versatile and blade-like.

Last edited:

StaffofSmashing

Senior Squid
NNID
Lolu83
Gun: Aerospray XG
Type:
Shooter
Stats: It's an aerospray
Sub: Burst Bombs
Special: Burst Bomb Rush

This is a setup used to assist the Aerospray in 2 areas. With Burst Bombs the XG could accomplish a few things it normally couldn't. First of all, it has a more reliable ranged option compared to the MG's Seekers. The seekers are slow and only useful for crowd control and killing noob players. Burst Bombs allow the XG to hit reliably from a distance. The Rush allows the Aerospray to do what it does best: Cover turf. The XG also might get a couple kills in the process.

I would main this things if it was real. NINTENDO MAKE IT HAPPEN

crunchgames

Inkling Cadet
NNID
crunchgames
Name: Ink Rocket
Class: Charger/Blaster
Mobility: Low (Sorry I don't know the stats right now)
Range: High
Charge time: Extremely slow (1.80 seconds to charge)
Sub: burst bombs
Special: Echolocator

It's basically an inkzooka that shoots rockets horizontally that explode in 0.50 seconds when they hit a wall. It would have a massive blast radius to make up for it's low mobility and charge time and would be a one hit kill great for wiping out enemies grouped together. You wouldn't rely on getting an acurate shot as you would only get kills from splash damage, but if you do get a sure shot, it will be an instant kill. It would be the worst weapon to fight up close with so it comes with burst bombs to ward enemies off and an echolocator to find an enemy hiding and to explode them. It's more of a support weapon, so too many on the one team isn't the best option. It would have range longer than an e-liter though. Run speeds don't benefit this weapon, swim speeds wouldn't work well if it either. Damage up would be the best gear to use to increase the damage of the blast radius.

crunchgames

Inkling Cadet
NNID
crunchgames
Name: Ink Shield
Class: Ink Shield
Mobility: High
Range: Low
Damage outuput: Low
Charge time after first hit: Low
Sub: Seeker
Special: Inkzooka

The Ink Shield is a riot shield that acts similar to the inkbrush with way more defense. When you hold ZR, you run extremely fast with it. People who shoot you don't instantly kill you. The shield is able to take 250 damage points before breaking and leaving you as vunerable as a sitting duck until you wait 15 seconds to respawn a new one. It Pressing ZR would make you hit with the riot shield and dispurse a little wall of ink. It wouldn't be the best for inking, but more of a path maker for your teammates. The damage output would take three hits to kill, but it is made up for how quickly you can hit again after you have already hit someone for it. You are however vunerable to side and back attacks and take 100 damage to get splatted. A team of Ink Shields could stand by each other and run to the enemy base while the rainmakers behind them, backing this a great support weapon for rainmaker, decent in tower and not to shabby in splatzones. You could try and choke a point on the map with it, but not as effective as a splashwall. The inkzooka makes up for it's terrible range and the seeker is great for throwing it at an enemy, swimming towards them and whacking them in the back.

Last edited:

Reset Bomb Jigglypuff

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Yayforall
Weapon name: splat hose
Class (new class): hose
Range: medium
Knock back: medium
Mobility: medium
Sub :suction bomb
Special: inkstrike
Here is how hoses would work. They would have short range, shoot a constant stream of ink, and deal knock back on hit, similar to how a burst bomb would function. They would move around slowly when firing, and have perfect accuracy. Thus, they would function as an exclusively melee weapon.

Apearence: a hose mounted on the shoulder and slung around the waist. It is a relatively generic hose. Feeds from a waistband.

In-game function: the most standard of its class, with standard knock back, standard mobility, and standard range, equipped with suction bombs and an inkstrike to help deal with its range problems.

Crimsoninkling

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
BramWildenberg
.42 Magnum
Class: Blaster I guess
Range: 30
Damage: 85
Fire rate: 40
Sub: splatbomb
Special: Bubbler

Kyreshirem

Full Squid
NNID
Drone49
Name: Super Blaster
Type: Blaster
Impact: 100
Damage: 125
Range: 40
Fire Rate: 100
Sub Weapon: Suction Bomb
Special Weapon: Killer Wail

Personally I would prefer a luna blaster with the range of the regular blaster, but make it have max impact and fire rate. Splat bomb rush for it is also good, but I already have the luna blaster neo. We can make new weapons and add existing ones right? Might as well make a custom weapon for ourselves with no restrictions to apply.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
Name: Super Blaster
Type: Blaster
Impact: 100
Damage: 125
Range: 40
Fire Rate: 100
Sub Weapon: Suction Bomb
Special Weapon: Killer Wail

Personally I would prefer a luna blaster with the range of the regular blaster, but make it have max impact and fire rate. Splat bomb rush for it is also good, but I already have the luna blaster neo. We can make new weapons and add existing ones right? Might as well make a custom weapon for ourselves with no restrictions to apply.
Let me be the first to say this is in all means the definition of something that is just OP. That or a ridiculous ink sink. If the impact was 100 it would be doing probably in the 180 range with a direct hit. The Fire Rate would be ridiculous especially for a blaser class weapon. The fastest blaser weapon we have only caps at a firing rate of 40, only weapon with that high a fire rate is the Aerosprays.

X-BIRT

Inkster Jr.
Ink baloon launcher
Would shoot balloons that explode in ink, and thus do a lot of damage. In turn, it would be very short range, and consume alot of ink. The intented use would be to cover new turf, ofmsplat multiple enemies quickly, and strategically. But since the ink consumption is equivalent to a Hummer's gas mileage. You would only have one shot, or be forced to retreat.

NNID
m0nkeyd0g
I apologize for my lack of creativity (I'll think of some real ideas soon), but I would love to see a new splat charger variant. ;)

Either of these:

:wst_charge_normal00: - :splatbomb: - :echolocator:

:wst_charge_normal00: - :burstbomb: - :echolocator:

HH_Froggyfarts

Inkling
NNID
Julianjk03
Name: Freezlosher
Type: Slosher
Range: 55 (Same as Sloshing Machine)
Damage: Varies
Sub: Sprinkler
Special: Killer Wail

The Freezlosher would be a Mini-Fridge Filled with Ice Cubes (These Ice Cubes would be Frozen Ink of course). When used The Freezlosher would throw out a flurry of Ice Cubes in front of the player (This would look similar to the blasts made by the Rainmaker when used but smaller) that melt upon contact with any surface thus inking it and deal different amount of damage depending on what part of the Slosh an enemy was hit with. If an enemy were to be hit by the middle of the Slosh they would be One Hit KO'd but if they were hit with the sides of the slosh they'd take 50.00 Damage effectively making it a Two Hit KO (This is similar to a rollers flick).

ArcticWolf

Inkster Jr.
NNID
RedGazelle7
The Sprayer
A Flamethrower like weapon. Hold ZR to spray ink that, on contact with an enemy team does multiple hits of damage. It also has an effect that does additional damage every second, the effect itself lasts for 3 seconds. The victim can submerge themselves in their own ink to negate the effect.

Ink Skates
A pair of shoe brushes placed under your Inkling’s shoes. Hold ZR to speed up and skate along the ground covering turf. Press ZR to do a horizontal kick that releases ink. If you jump while skating you do a spin that carries momentum.

Last edited:

Floating Eyeball

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Stanley618
I used to always play with rollers, the carbon deco in particular, and I've noticed that even now, I tend to get in a pretty 2D mindset in battles, so I wanted to think of something that could bring in aerial strategies more, and I guess I still wound up being influenced by rollers.

Propellers-A weapon class that spins a blade to sling ink, and in doing so thrusts the inkling in the opposite direction. Ink flung out is similar to sprinklers, not a lot of damage done, but it could cover a bit of ground. This can be used to run about the speed of a paintbrush, but you must be facing the opposite direction, leaving you vulnerable. The main point of interest in this is that the propeller can actually be pointed down* to allow the inkling to fly. This has a number of useful applications, but each with their own costs.
You could get to the higher ground earlier on in a match, but since the propeller has very little range without forcing movement of the player, the most use you could get would only be able to secure it for a teammate, or maybe chuck a few bombs.
-You can get above an opponent (excellent for taking out a charger) and even fall on them to squish them, but if there's someone else nearby, they're probably going to get you out before you can fly away.
-You could get above a fight and help your team a bit, but your constantly-draining ink won't give you a lot of ways to do so.
-You can travel a pretty nice distance, but if you run out of ink, you might fall into enemy territory or off the map entirely, and while you're in the air, you have no defense besides dodging should someone spot you.
-Flying can keep you from a lot of bombs (and it'd be especially easy with bomb sniffer), but suction bombs will actually latch onto your propeller, a near-guaranteed splat. (To avoid being temporarily invincible, any height able to be reached with ink saver main would be able to be counteracted with bomb range up.)

As for other pros and cons:
One could escape easily from a confrontation, since spraying a foe would also send you rapidly back. But fighting more than one squid will be a lot harder.
Very easy to ink up turf.
Bubbler would be really awful to get. If you were in the wrong spot in the air with bubbler, you have no walls to stop you from being pushed away, and you'd lost time and get splatted.

*I think pressing a button to make the switch would be a better mechanic than just angling the camera, and A, B, L and Y seem to be unused in battle

A few different designs:
Regular-A recycled ceiling fan or electric fan. Pressing ZR revs a cord to get it to spin, taking you up in bursts, with a little descent as you pull it again.
Lighter-A helicopter blade. Similar to a carbon roller, this is the faster propeller, but it spreads less ink to do so. Has a button instead of a cord, so you can just hold ZR.
Heavier-The rotor of a large ship, or a ship's steering wheel. Shoots out more ink, but moves much slower, and can't go as high. (more delay after pulling cord)

Subs: Point sensor, disruptor, beacon (all more support-orientated, just like the class), burst bombs (less ink makes it easier use in the air), ink mine
Specials- Echolocator, inkstrike, kraken, killer wail (Bomb rush would be good, but I'm a bit worried it could be too OP), squid jump**

Good abilities to run: Ink Saver Main-Since the propeller's what will probably be used most.
Ink saver sub-Good to have something to actually attack with.

Not very good abilities-Anything relating to super jumps

I feel like this could be a fun addition to the game, it's not too strong or weak and opens up new ways to play, especially if used in a squad that communicates. (Someone could fly to a spot for a charger or the goal in a ranked match.)

**squid jump was another idea I had relating to playing more in the air.
"A new development by Ancho-V games, this actually projects a life-size version of Squid Jump to play!"
It'd create a few platforms around it and a few fish to grab similar to the power-ups in game. The same platforms would appear in the same spots rather than appear randomly, which ones appear just depends on how close they would be to where it was activated. Platforms would last until being jumped on five times, and the power-ups could work for anyone that grabs them.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom