• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

New Weapons for August Update!

NamelessCrow

Inkster Jr.
NNID
TylerBlind
I think I'm gonna try out both from the start. I love the idea of the slosher mainly because it can get the ink over walls which is hella. I wanna be good with the splattling, but I'm fairly bad with chargers so I'm not sure how it will work out.

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
I think I'm gonna try out both from the start. I love the idea of the slosher mainly because it can get the ink over walls which is hella. I wanna be good with the splattling, but I'm fairly bad with chargers so I'm not sure how it will work out.
I think it will be similar to how brushes are in the roller class- they play entirely differently. You may end up liking the splatling especially if the reason you don't like chargers is because you only have one shot at a time and if you miss you are dead since the splatling seems to be able to be a bit more forgiving.

Blue24

Inkling Commander
NNID
bluebomber2425
I think it will be similar to how brushes are in the roller class- they play entirely differently. You may end up liking the splatling especially if the reason you don't like chargers is because you only have one shot at a time and if you miss you are dead since the splatling seems to be able to be a bit more forgiving.
Funny enough, the same can be said with the Slosher and the Nozzlenose. I actually fine it amusing that the cons people give the Nozzlenose is that it requires you to constantly press the trigger and it takes two shots to kill. The Slosher has those EXACT same mechanics as the Nozzlenose but everyone is looking forward to the Slosh and glossing over it cons.

One of the big differences between the Nozzle and Slosh mechanic is that the Nozzle requires greater accuracy than even Sniper users have while the Slosher requires less skill in that department. As such, outside of being a bucket, this is why the Slosher will easily be more popular than the Nozzlenose.

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
Funny enough, the same can be said with the Slosher and the Nozzlenose. I actually fine it amusing that the cons people give the Nozzlenose is that it requires you to constantly press the trigger and it takes two shots to kill. The Slosher has those EXACT same mechanics as the Nozzlenose but everyone is looking forward to the Slosh and glossing over it cons.

One of the big differences between the Nozzle and Slosh mechanic is that the Nozzle requires greater accuracy than even Sniper users have while the Slosher requires less skill in that department. As such, outside of being a bucket, this is why the Slosher will easily be more popular than the Nozzlenose.
Well sloshers also have unique attributes of being able to easily take out sniper nests and able to shoot over walls. They however have to be aimed sorta upwards to be effective. I don't see many people take advantage of the nozzlenose's unique ability of firing 3 bullets at once- short, medium, and long distance. these make straight lines to swim across (like a charger) to zig zag across maps quickly. It also means it has 3 sweet spots so it will kill consistently anywhere in its range, etc. I believe there is another nozzlenose that isn't just a rebranded model that might be more powerful and slower or less powerful and faster. We will have to wait and see.

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
Well sloshers also have unique attributes of being able to easily take out sniper nests and able to shoot over walls. They however have to be aimed sorta upwards to be effective. I don't see many people take advantage of the nozzlenose's unique ability of firing 3 bullets at once- short, medium, and long distance. these make straight lines to swim across (like a charger) to zig zag across maps quickly. It also means it has 3 sweet spots so it will kill consistently anywhere in its range, etc. I believe there is another nozzlenose that isn't just a rebranded model that might be more powerful and slower or less powerful and faster. We will have to wait and see.
There is the H-3 Nozzlenose which does more damage, slower fire rate, and the same range as the L-3 Nozzlenose.

Blue24

Inkling Commander
NNID
bluebomber2425
Oh definitely. On maps like Trigger and Warehouse I have no issue with snipers with Nozzlenose and take them on frequently. Moray and Aroma I have to put in more work even when the sniper don't see me. Thus, the bucket defiantly has a shot at making my arsenal. My point of contention was basically when I was doing research on the Nozzle the most common con outside of accuracy, was the trigger pressing and the 2hit kill (which to me isn't a con). So far the analysis and comments of the Bucket don't even bring it's cons up. Perhaps it's pros are just that captivating.

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
Oh definitely. On maps like Trigger and Warehouse I have no issue with snipers with Nozzlenose and take them on frequently. Moray and Aroma I have to put in more work even when the sniper don't see me. Thus, the bucket defiantly has a shot at making my arsenal. My point of contention was basically when I was doing research on the Nozzle the most common con outside of accuracy, was the trigger pressing and the 2hit kill (which to me isn't a con). So far the analysis and comments of the Bucket don't even bring it's cons up. Perhaps it's pros are just that captivating.
I think that might also be because to most people it is just a shooter class and there are more efficient options to them. Buckets however are much more noticeably unique. When the new chargers come out that aren't able ton one shot splat then maybe we will see more nozzlenoses since they most likely can kill at a similar distance faster than those can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom