• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

News Update: More Potential Super Mario Sunshine Crossover Leaks

Recently Squidboards reported on a potential leak that would say some sort of crossover between Splatoon and Super Mario Sunshine would be coming sooln, with a potentiall new weapon in F.L.U.D.D. and amiibo compatibility with the Mario amiibo. Recently, a total of nine pictures have surfaced which could poitentially point to this crossover being a real possibility. Keep in mind this is E3 week and fake leaks are certainly a possibility as are real leaks.

Among these recently released pictures include the picture with an inkling taking on Petey Pirhana as well as Mario in squid form all done in the art-style of official artwork. On picture focuses directly on the Mario squid while another shows both pictures together.

This art showing what looks to be concept art of new gear that is heavily themed in Mario style with a Yoshi hat and Mario outfit. The shirt farthest on the right is also shown available for purchase within the game in a screenshot. Another screenshot shows "New Gear" in Mario's Hat, Overalls, and Boots.

The F.L.U.D.D. is also shown within a screenshot as a potential new weapon. Presumably all of these weapons and Mario related gear would be unlocked with unique challenges provided by the Mario amiibo (similar to the current Splatoon amiibos). According to one final screenshot these will all become available on August 14th. Real or fake? With Nintendo's E3 digital event coming soon, we just might find out, but feel free to leave those initial impressions in the comments below!

Comments

Well it's... interesting, I guess? Really though, if it was just posted as fan art, nobody would've batted an eye. I'm just going to stay in the middle of the spectrum, myself.

I think at this point every leak involving Mario or anything related to Mario in Splatoon should be deemed immediately fake. I mean seriously, people are so thirsty for Mario Sunshine X Splatoon that they believe two fake leaks in a row? Yeah i'm not believing anything unless it comes DIRECTLY from Nintendo.

Am I the only one who doesn't want his to be real? There is WAY more than enough Mario in our lives as Nintendo Gamers. And people wonder why people think Nintendo is only Mario? Let's keep Splatoon Splatoon please.

Given the crossover with Ika Musume it's not a stretch to imagine Sunshine could crossover with Splatoon. But this however is most likely a fake "leak". Anyone could just draw/photoshop these all just like in the rayman smash bros. leak.

I think at this point every leak involving Mario or anything related to Mario in Splatoon should be deemed immediately fake. I mean seriously, people are so thirsty for Mario Sunshine X Splatoon that they believe two fake leaks in a row? Yeah i'm not believing anything unless it comes DIRECTLY from Nintendo.
The only real thing I would actually want from this is F.L.U.D.D. but I don't think they should have any Mario related gear.

Sadly, though the art seems amazing, the style is very different from the Splatoon art Nintendo releases. The Squid boy is basically fan made, and Nintendo don't release weapons in that format of paint layer, Free or Paid, Weapons and armor always lay themselves on a white reflective background when Nintendo showcases them. So this is probably fake, I just hope is true

Totally real ...... REALLY FAKE! LOL I mean if Nintendo were to release a mario base weapon it would have to fit in the one of the three weapon class types Shooters, Roller, and Charger and where would the F.L.U.D.D fit in? None it's not a gun or a roller or a charger and may I also remind you that the F.L.U.D.D was made to shot WATER not INK and to have it shoot ink would kind of go against the reason it was made. To CLEAN not make a mess! Also for those who say you could play as mario with the F.L.U.D.D to clean up all of the ink. 1.For those of you who don't know in one of the Sunken scrolls it says that after a turf war is over the ink disappears almost instantly. And 2. Splatoon is a great game itself and by itself and does not need any help from mario. But while I am not a fan of mario a weapon or outfit base on him would be kind of cool but no dlc levels with mario cause I think that would ruin the game and no longer make Splatoon a solo franchise and pretty much turn it into another mario game. Oh and by the way THE LEEK'S TOTALLY FAAAKE! LOL:)

Totally real ...... REALLY FAKE! LOL I mean if Nintendo were to release a mario base weapon it would have to fit in the one of the three weapon class types Shooters, Roller, and Charger and where would the F.L.U.D.D fit in? None it's not a gun or a roller or a charger and may I also remind you that the F.L.U.D.D was made to shot WATER not INK and to have it shoot ink would kind of go against the reason it was made. To CLEAN not make a mess! Also for those who say you could play as mario with the F.L.U.D.D to clean up all of the ink. 1.For those of you who don't know in one of the Sunken scrolls it says that after a turf war is over the ink disappears almost instantly. And 2. Splatoon is a great game itself and by itself and does not need any help from mario. But while I am not a fan of mario a weapon or outfit base on him would be kind of cool but no dlc levels with mario cause I think that would ruin the game and no longer make Splatoon a solo franchise and pretty much turn it into another mario game. Oh and by the way THE LEEK'S TOTALLY FAAAKE! LOL:)
well, it'd probably be classified as a Shooter, you'd just hold if differently or have a Shooter-esque version of it.

as for the shooting water part, the Zapper never shot Ink either...

of course, this sadly has a good chance of being fake. I do hope the Perpetrator Tee isn't, though...

well, it'd probably be classified as a Shooter, you'd just hold if differently or have a Shooter-esque version of it.

as for the shooting water part, the Zapper never shot Ink either...

of course, this sadly has a good chance of being fake. I do hope the Perpetrator Tee isn't, though...
Yeah, it'd just be a shooter that fires from above you rather than in front.
Also yeah, I'm hoping for Perpetrator Tee at least to be a thing (hoping for the whole thing to be real of course, but I'd really like to see the shirt be a thing).

Just because this information wasn't in the Digital Event or the Treehouse presentations dosen't mean this is fake, the "Leak" says that if this is real it would be coming 8/14/15 so I would guess that if this was real it will be shown in a future (Splatoon) Direct. Just my guess.

Its fake. In the picture of mario and petey, Mario has long sleeves. In all art showing mario in sunshine or mario sunshine mario, he has short sleeves

Its fake. In the picture of mario and petey, Mario has long sleeves. In all art showing mario in sunshine or mario sunshine mario, he has short sleeves
But this isn't Mario Sunshine, this is Splatoon, they could have changed that.

Btw, we'll see if it's fake or real soon because I'm pretty sure there'll be a Nintendo Direct showing the August update for Splatoon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom