• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Next EU splatfest: Zombies vs Ghosts

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Well, now that's a theme I can get behind! Too bad about the timing, but otherwise it's a really good one compared to some of the others.

I would side with Ghosts, though, since zombie media's practically as undead as the stuff it shows.

E: Now I'm curious what Zombie Callie would look like...

Last edited:

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
I'm not in Europe, but I would be on Team Ghosts any day of the week. I don't like Zombie stuff in general, it's gotten pretty formulaic, and it's just too depressing. Ghost stories have always interested me much more. There's more variety to them, and the stories wind up being much scarier, as ghosts are a much more unbeatable "monster."

Between the two, being a ghost would be a much better existence. Being able to go through walls, scare people, go BOO! once in a while, all great stuff. Zombies are mindless, rotting, shambling, corpses. That would be a lame existence.

Glass Eater

Pro Squid
Wow... I totally guessed this exact theme weeks ago.

So much better than Ninja vs Pirates, grats Europe you finally got yourself an awesome theme there.

As a big horror fan, Ghost > Zombies any day. They are much, much scarier.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Hey this theme is actually kinda cool!

I'm going to be on team ghosts, like everyone else in this topic.

Mr. Gency

Full Squid
NNID
Mister-Gency
Can you make an EU account on an US Wii U? Because I want to make so many Splinter Cell references.

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
So since the Splatfest meta seems to be choose the side that will have less inexperienced kids, kids may pick ghosts because they like the idea of going through walls and other such ghostly abilities. Adults also may go to ghosts because nearly every place that discusses zombies complains about how over used they are. Maybe you all will get a popularity + skills win on the same side this time. I'm in NA so I can't participate.

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
I actually prefer this to our Pirates/Ninjas theme. I think Zombies would win, just because they're in the media so much these days (maybe it's different in EU though). But I would still pick team Ghosts!
Oh yeah, sometimes I forget that European players don't behave like the American ones and thus the more popular team can sometimes win.

Phobos

Inkling Commander
Ghosts, easily. It's academic though, since I'll be away in Japan.

NimSquid

Inkling
I have a good idea but what do you think of this idea?
Example

During the Splatfest the results of the matches can tally.
After Splatfest we can compare and make a toplist!

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
As cool as this topic is, I actually have no preference towards either choice, so if I were in Europe I'd just go with Ghost and it's Cyan ink color. Purple has been done to death.

Get it? :L

Berentxo

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Berentxo
When it was announced for a split second I thought it would be Zombies vs Vampires and my brain would break trying to choose, but I picked zombies. Ghosts haven't been very entertaining lately, and having watched Supernatural and knowing my diet I'm fairly sure I have enough salt in me to be safe, so they're not scary at all. LOL

I had always been more of a vampire person. But I have been getting into some zombie stuff lately. I just played The Last of Us last month and now I'm watching The Walking Dead, so I was really in the mood for this Splatfest.

I think the terms zombie or infected are very ablist, though. I prefer cordyceps-positive or biofunctionally challenged. Let's keep our gore respectful, thanks.

Spiderface

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Spiderface1992
I went ghosts. I've never cared about zombies, I've seen one movie with them and I didn't think it was very good. Whereas I think ghosts are pretty cool. Also, Boo is awesome.

I just played The Last of Us last month and now I'm watching The Walking Dead, so I was really in the mood for this Splatfest.
Oooh what did you think of The Last Of Us? I watched Pewdiepie's lets play and thought it looked good.

TheGreatGateway

Inkster Jr.
NNID
DaxterD
I was really looking forward to this splatfest; never played one before, but I haven't won a single game yet! It feels like the world is better at this game than me ;(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom