1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Squidboards now has its own Discord server!

Join us on Discord!

3. Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 15,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 150,000 posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Splatoon community!

4. Hi Guest,

As of June 3rd you will no longer be able to log in to Squidboards using your Smashboards account. Please take a look at the announcement for additional details

Next Splatfest EU+US: Mayo Vs Ketchup

Discussion in 'Regular Discussion' started by Coleo&Idea, Jul 21, 2017.

?

Your choice?

1. Mayo

28 vote(s)
    38.4%
  2. Ketchup

45 vote(s)
    61.6%
  1. Nuddlmaus

Nuddlmaus Pro Squid

NNID:
    Nuddlmaus
    Blood for the Blood God
    [​IMG]

2. Nixon_Corral

Nixon_Corral Inkling

I'm not really sure what you're implying here.

People can vote however they want. Just seems more fun to vote for a new thing every time than to just vote along squid girl lines every time. Just saying I don't get it.

3. MindWanderer

MindWanderer Inkling Commander

NNID:
    MindWanderer
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-5961-6763-3987
    I got a whole bunch after the results, and sometimes I'd get no rewards or only partial rewards, like getting rank increases but no item XP. One time it timed out while counting up my XP, and the meter just kept going and going for about 15 seconds, taking me from just short of level 18 to nearly level 19. I didn't actually get it, though (went back to 17 afterwards).

4. swimmingknife

swimmingknife Semi-Pro Squid

I'm pretty goddamn salty over the Splatfest, but mostly because I couldn't participate because my ISP had a complete meltdown over the weekend. The first time in four years I've had a major problem with their service and it has to happen right before an online event I really want to do. Absolutely typical. At least I got a couple of snails just for picking a team, I guess.

Kind of a shame that Ketchup couldn't pull out the win, but that's just the way it goes I guess. Whenever you play a game, eventually you'll lose. I just wish I could've earned my loss.

5. DJ Particle

DJ Particle Senior Squid

NNID:
    DJParticle
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-0728-9987-8856
    Sorry to necro a thread but...Ketchup actually DID technically win. The only reason it didn't officially was because they segregated the results by region...the only Splatoon 2 multiregion Splatfest to do that.

If the Mayo vs. Ketchup Splatfest had combined results instead of segregated, Team Ketchup would have been declared the winner, taking both the popular vote (due to Team Ketchup's greater popularity in the west) and team play (due to Japan outplaying the other two regions combined in that category by a factor of roughly 8.7 to 1).

Until last January, you could extract out the raw Splatfest data from SplatNet 2, so I added up the numbers between the three regions, and I came up with this:
    • Popularity: Mayo 679318 - Ketchup 830583
    • Solo play: Mayo 1529074 - Ketchup 1480605
    • Team play: Mayo 72695 - Ketchup 75073

Cephalobro likes this.