• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Next Splatfest EU+US: Mayo Vs Ketchup

Your choice?

• Mayo

Votes: 28 38.4%
  • Ketchup

Votes: 45 61.6%

• Total voters

Nixon_Corral

Inkling
Yeah!!!!!!!!! How dare people vote on something they like, or *gasp* something they like is attached to something else. It's so~ plebeian! We should assign people to vote for us and we in turn can vote for them. That'd surely settle any future splatfest matters! /s =p
I'm not really sure what you're implying here.

People can vote however they want. Just seems more fun to vote for a new thing every time than to just vote along squid girl lines every time. Just saying I don't get it.

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
Hopefully it's not just me, but am I the only one who keeps getting connection errors, after the results? Never disconnected during matches, just after them.
I got a whole bunch after the results, and sometimes I'd get no rewards or only partial rewards, like getting rank increases but no item XP. One time it timed out while counting up my XP, and the meter just kept going and going for about 15 seconds, taking me from just short of level 18 to nearly level 19. I didn't actually get it, though (went back to 17 afterwards).

swimmingknife

Semi-Pro Squid
I'm pretty goddamn salty over the Splatfest, but mostly because I couldn't participate because my ISP had a complete meltdown over the weekend. The first time in four years I've had a major problem with their service and it has to happen right before an online event I really want to do. Absolutely typical. At least I got a couple of snails just for picking a team, I guess.

Kind of a shame that Ketchup couldn't pull out the win, but that's just the way it goes I guess. Whenever you play a game, eventually you'll lose. I just wish I could've earned my loss.

DJ Particle

Senior Squid
NNID
DJParticle
Switch Friend Code
SW-0728-9987-8856
Sorry to necro a thread but...Ketchup actually DID technically win. The only reason it didn't officially was because they segregated the results by region...the only Splatoon 2 multiregion Splatfest to do that.

If the Mayo vs. Ketchup Splatfest had combined results instead of segregated, Team Ketchup would have been declared the winner, taking both the popular vote (due to Team Ketchup's greater popularity in the west) and team play (due to Japan outplaying the other two regions combined in that category by a factor of roughly 8.7 to 1).

Until last January, you could extract out the raw Splatfest data from SplatNet 2, so I added up the numbers between the three regions, and I came up with this:
  • Popularity: Mayo 679318 - Ketchup 830583
  • Solo play: Mayo 1529074 - Ketchup 1480605
  • Team play: Mayo 72695 - Ketchup 75073

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom