• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Next Splatfest EU+US: Mayo Vs Ketchup

Your choice?

• Mayo

Votes: 28 38.4%
  • Ketchup

Votes: 45 61.6%

• Total voters

D3RK

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-6389-5985-3965 Username:「Derk」
I quickly lost interest for this splatfest because well over 50% of my matches were against my own team. Why even bother playing when most of my matches are just a waste of time and wont count towards the goal? Might want to fix that along with the constant d/c at the end of a match because it's really annoying.

I would consider adding a 3rd choice to even out the entire Splatfest event. Have Callie and/or Marie make guest appearances for the extra choice. Popularity would be split 3 ways which would help a lot in deciding popularity points instead of 1 choice getting bandwagoned, and it would help a lot for finding a match against opponents from a different team. One issue I could see is 1 team getting paired up with 1 more than the other and skewing the results but I think that is still a better tradeoff than your matches not counting at all. Ketchup vs Mustard vs Mayo would have been great.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
I was on Team Ketchup, but I'm not mad at all. If it was the battles that determined the results, then the team with more wins deserves it. And I'm glad that popularity isn't everything for Splatfest results, especially since it's so skewed towards one character. If this helps make people choose teams based on what they actually prefer instead of the idol, then I'm in.

Though this will likely mean skilled players will flock to Pearl teams for easy wins and guaranteed matches against the other team.

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
Damn, this sucks. Would have been nice to play against mayo more, I only got in about 10 games against them when all is said and done.

Oh, well, I got max rank in Splatfest and leveled up a couple of times, so that is all that matters.

OmegaDivider

Squid Sisters Fanboy
NNID
OmegaDivider
Wowzers
I didn't play this splatfest but

Marina's popularity really backfired for them this time. I must admit, I take a bit of pleasure knowing that. Hope ya'll had fun though!

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Wowzers

Marina's popularity really backfired for them this time. I must admit, I take a bit of pleasure knowing that. Hope ya'll had fun though!
I'm just hoping NA region splatfests don't become a repeat of Splatoon 1, where most skilled players would often underdog for the least popular option and take the win.

RespawningJesus

Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
Wowzers

I don't really think too many people actually vote based off of who is their favorite idol, and if they did, those people would be in the minority.

MissingNumbers

Inkling Commander
NNID
MissingN
Switch Friend Code
SW-4262-2166-2532
Well, regardless of the victor, and I can't believe I'm saying this, but I actually had fun with this Splatfest. Well, aside from the internet issues that prevented my brother from reaching King status and still plague me to this very hour somehow. But really, so many things have been changed for the better.
More map and music variety, a much more fair scoring system, losing the whole fest isn't a giant punishment when it comes to Super Sea Snails, team battles, and a stage exclusive to Splatfests (that I hope gets added to Private Battles once they're all said and done). Somehow Splatoon 2 has managed to abolish any and all salt I felt from the first game's fests. Well, aside from the Internet issues, of course.

NBSink

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5607-3736-5200
Well: Japan and US made Mayo bettter. But since I am in EU we're still battling it out. However it feels like Ketchup is trying to Ketch up (I know that wasn't funny). I think Mayo will mayown Ketchup in all three regions (OK, OK I stop with those bad jokes). Shifty Station was a cool map and I'm already exited for the next Splatfests to see how the next Shifty Station looks like. However as I have the felling EU is more orienting on US with the themes cause in Splatoon1 the splatfest themes were just bad! For Example: South pole vs. North pole. Up the this point the battle was much fun (Even if like 55% of the battle were against the own team). But I think I am going to start up my Switch again and play a little more.

And for those jokes: I picked them up from some of those post in Inkopolis-Plaza.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
THE KETCHUP EMPIRE WILL RISE AGAIN! That was a great time.

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
I had a bad feeling ketchup would lose, because of mirror matches, and getting my wins more in mirror match than against mayo (effectively meaning that most of my wins were literally for nothing).

Slight salt over that and my groups consisting of low level players often (lvl 21 being group up with lvl 1 through 12s....)

Well doesn't matter the loss much since we only get a few less sea snails at king. But I hope next splatfest goes better for me. I just felt frustrated by the matchmaking this time around.

All in all, good game everyone, good game.

ForteReborn

Inkling Commander
NNID
ForteReborn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5389-7346-0792
I didn't expect my team to win this morning. I was kinda predicting for the other team to hit tail with a landslide, but oddly, we won anyway. I spent all my snails, though, annoyingly. Rerolling has no remorse for me trying to get a direct three rolls of run speed up.

((Edit: Correction, I spent my snails on a **few** rerolls for testing (Which make clusters when you do so) and most of it on slot adding if anyone is curious of my habits. Sorry, I am not in the best of mood right now, so mind if I get a bit chewy.))

Last edited:

RespawningJesus

Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
I didn't expect my team to win this morning. I was kinda predicting for the other team to hit tail with a landslide, but oddly, we won anyway. I spent all my snails, though, annoyingly. Rerolling has no remorse for me trying to get a direct three rolls of run speed up.
For something that specific, you probably were better off just trying to get chunks and applying them to your gear later.

ForteReborn

Inkling Commander
NNID
ForteReborn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5389-7346-0792
For something that specific, you probably were better off just trying to get chunks and applying them to your gear later.
I was? Half, and half. I just don't mention it. Sorry, I should of been more explanatory. But I don't, so there.

tollock

Inkster Jr.

RespawningJesus

Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
Lol @ all those people saying "this isn't fair" and "RIGGED". Seriously, what's the alternative? Splatfests aren't supposed to be a popularity contest. And if you really want to play against the opposing team, maybe, just maybe consider not choosing the team that everyone and their dog is choosing out of meaningless waifuism.
I highly doubt people chose ketchup for the sole reason that it was the side Marina was on. I mean, I get that Pearl isn't too popular in the Western regions, but c'mon.

NBSink

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5607-3736-5200
Lol @ all those people saying "this isn't fair" and "RIGGED". Seriously, what's the alternative? Splatfests aren't supposed to be a popularity contest. And if you really want to play against the opposing team, maybe, just maybe consider not choosing the team that everyone and their dog is choosing out of meaningless waifuism.
I couldn't help but chose Ketchup because I like Ketchup more than Mayo... That waifuism might get to be a problem if it turns out that this is actually happening. But I won't believe in it yet. And I still like Pearl more than Marina.

EDIT: AUGUST 6th, 2017 14:00 UTC: EU Splatfest finally ended, I'm going to post the results later when they are out!

Last edited:

OmegaDivider

Squid Sisters Fanboy
NNID
OmegaDivider
Honestly, I think there's an issue regardless.
If Marina is getting all the votes because she's Marina, that's a problem.
If Nintendo keeps giving Marina the obvious popular choices in Splatfests (or keeps picking such skewed topics, regardless of which girl gets them) That is just as much of a problem.

It's not like one had a 10% lead over the other, the vast majority selected Ice Cream and Ketchup. Perhaps Nintendo needs to do a little research into what people prefer before throwing out choices.

Honestly, there should just be a 3rd option to fill in whichever side has the lowest amount of players and by picking this option, you get more snails. If everyone does it, who cares? It'll even the sides out then. It's all about playing the game and seeing which side wins, if that helps make it fair there really shouldn't be a problem

Belial

Full Squid
I mean, people could just learn to spread out more? Although oddly even as a mayo player I had a few mirror matches somehow. Fixing the smaller team getting mirror matched would be a huge first step.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom