• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Next Splatfest: Flight or Invisibility, Time to Choose!

Which team do plan to support?

• Team Flight!

Votes: 62 62.0%
  • Team Invisibility!

Votes: 38 38.0%

• Total voters

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
So don't fly at dangerous speeds then. Invisibility requires additional super powers as well, since when your eyeballs went invisible you'd go blind from their inability to refract light.
That's an interesting point. Although, blind people learn how to be blind. So can someone with this power.

I would literally only use the power for journalism. Walk to a place, wait until night, go invisible (but blind), fumble your way inside, stay there long enough to get your big story, wait until night again, and fumble your way back out.

It's not pretty, but it's worth splatting for.

I think most people with super powers wouldn't flaunt that they have powers. They'd use the powers to better at something than all other human beings. They'd make people think they really earned the extraordinary things they do. Because otherwise, other people will decry them for cheating.

You can be the best at something, but within human limits.

So I'm going to splat to become invisible. Then I'm going to bring down corrupt governments with information.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
Well, you guys have taken this topic to weird places. Arguing the science behind both, wanting to take down whole governments, Psycho Mantis cameos...

You should go even weirder! °u° (not too weird I don't want this thread locked please~)

Mrgrgr~ why can't it be easier to decide! There are discounted ability chunks to grind!
While the sides may finally be more even this time around, I would recommend joining the Pearl Defense Force ™ to likely ensure you get to battle invisquids regularly. And Pearl could use more friends.

Funny enough this art came out before the splatfest was announced. Unless this person was privy to some info. :scared:

RC Rage

Inkling
NNID
Sapphire156
I was gonna go with Flight (so I can get a Switch across the country) but, I'm not pretty comfortable with hieghts.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Looks like we're now revving up for team propaganda!

jointeam.jpg

Well I hate Flyfish so I'll join Team Invisibility!

teamjoin.jpg

But I'm not a creeper(regularly)!! Team Flight it is then.

where.jpg

Really? Where?! Jelly, find them!

Last edited:

Silxer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Dan1771
Flight basically requires a helmet, yeah :p
I'll also bring a warm jacket if you decide to fly at unnecessarily high altitudes, it gets pretty cold up there. :p

Looks like we're now revving up for team propaganda!

View attachment 5413
Well I hate Flyfish so I'll join Team Invisibility!

View attachment 5414
But I'm not a creeper(regularly)!! Team Flight it is then.

View attachment 5415
Really? Where?! Jelly, find them!
The ironic thing about those flyfish posts is that I use the the power of flight from the inkjet special to take those abominations down (I'M THE KING OF THE SKIES HERE, NOT YOU FLYFISH! :mad:).

Anyway.... to answer the OP's question, I'll pick flight. The utility and conveyance I get from such a power is just too good to pass up, being able to go anywhere without needing a vehicle or have to deal with the airport is very nice.

Invisibility is nice, but I have to be not be wearing anything to take advantage of it... which is a bit awkward in my opinion.

PotionACL

Inkling
Invisibility! I can explore awesome places without being seen and I can fart near them too! Hyped to kill some flys!

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
Invisibility is nice, but I have to be not be wearing anything to take advantage of it... which is a bit awkward in my opinion.
A bit awkward, but a lot liberating.

My wife brought up a good point about invisibility. Want to fly somewhere? Drive to the airport, go invisible and walk straight onto a plane. There. Now you can travel, and you don't have to deal with high altitude temperatures and lack of oxygen that comes with traveling via superflight.

Listen, everyone. This is the most important Splatfest to date. It's the first one where I can reasonably see the popularity vote being even, so your vote really does count this time. That wouldn't be such a big deal if Marina and Pearl didn't each have one win. Whoever wins this one puts the other into a must-win situation next Splatfest. A 2-1 lead is the start of something commanding, and let's remember that if it goes to a 3-1 lead, no team has ever come back to win the Splatfest Finals after being down three games to one.

And honestly, I don't know if I can take the bragging all those Pearl fans are going to do if they go up 2-1. I don't want to see that.

Nintendoer

Inkling
NNID
WakerOfWindsHD
Switch Friend Code
SW-7745-4331-2226
I'm choosing invisibility. Flight is way too conspicuous and kind of a one-trick pony. Invisibility has many uses. Plus, I can see most of the younger players choosing flight, so that's an advantage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom