Next Splatfest: Flight or Invisibility, Time to Choose!

Which team do plan to support?

• Team Flight!

Votes: 62 62.0%
  • Team Invisibility!

Votes: 38 38.0%

• Total voters

Elerious

Inkling
NNID
Seoppiesaur
Switch Friend Code
SW-6815-6148-0211
After much thought, I'd have to pick Flight, just for the fact I can save money by going place to place.

Reactions: Ann

IHaveAToaster

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-4526-2274-0616
I'm picking Team Flight because flight is more practical and it's the team Pearl is supporting.

That being said, I think this is a pretty meh Splatfest theme. I hope they don't go the way of NoE and give us really awful themes in the future...

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I dunno, it seems like more than a decent pick, given the pros and cons of each that I've seen discussed here and around the Web. More room for debate than the last two, anyway.

Now just because Europe was blessed with themes like Eating vs. Sleeping and North vs. South Pole, that doesn't mean they were all horrible. They got an actual Halloween-themed Splatfest, for one (albeit a month late). Plus they had some like Singing vs. Dancing and World Tour vs. Space Adventure that had a little more substance to them.

And it's not like North America or never had any lame Splatfest ideas either. Remember Spongebob vs. Patrick? Snowmen vs. Sandcastles? Marshmellows vs. Hot Dogs? To say nothing about Japan's sellout Splatfests...

But I will agree that the themes we've been given are a tad lacking, but I doubt it's an indication that they'll get worse from here on. Like I said, this one's a step-up from the last two.

Globin347

Inkling Cadet
NNID
ThePowerPigeon
Shall we list the non-perverted uses of invisibility?

...in truth, blindness actually makes a lot of things hard... but if your retinas only interact with light from the front, and if light were shined off the back to imitate the light stopped by the retinas, you could still see. In addition, if the power functions by bending light (or some combination of light bending and transparency), you wouldn't need to be naked. This opens many more possibilities...

Journalism is too dangerous if you are blind- just try to sneak into North Korea that way... If you can see, it becomes far more possible- but watch out for infrared cameras, sonar/radar, animals with a good sense of smell, and other alternate means of detection... you may not be able to get inside secured areas.

If you're not up for risking your life, try starring in the movies- using you is likely cheaper than green screen effects. On a similar vein, you could host the world's best puppet show.

If theft comes to mind... firstly, shame on you. Second, it's hard to miss floating goods and money- unless you have light bending invisibility, and you're hiding it in your clothes. This will not stop those exit scanners or radio tags, however.

You could see free movies, and get free air travel (as long as you don't bring luggage.)

You could pull off incredible pranks, scare campers silly, and otherwise show off.

And, of course, you can avoid people you don't like. Sometimes, the best uses for something are the simplest.

...I should say, however, that even when ignoring... certain applications, many of the uses for invisibility are of dubious legality and morality.

Last edited:

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
Shall we list the non-perverted uses of invisibility?

...in truth, blindness actually makes a lot of things hard... but if your retinas only interact with light from the front, and if light were shined off the back to imitate the light stopped by the retinas, you could still see. In addition, if the power functions by bending light (or some combination of light bending and transparency), you wouldn't need to be naked. This opens many more possibilities...

Journalism is too dangerous if you are blind- just try to sneak into North Korea that way... If you can see, it becomes far more possible- but watch out for infrared cameras, sonar/radar, animals with a good sense of smell, and other alternate means of detection... you may not be able to get inside secured areas.

If you're not up for risking your life, try starring in the movies- using you is likely cheaper than green screen effects. On a similar vein, you could host the world's best puppet show.

If theft comes to mind... firstly, shame on you. Second, it's hard to miss floating goods and money- unless you have light bending invisibility, and you're hiding it in your clothes. This will not stop those exit scanners or radio tags, however.

You could see free movies, and get free air travel (as long as you don't bring luggage.)

You could pull off incredible pranks, scare campers silly, and otherwise show off.

And, of course, you can avoid people you don't like. Sometimes, the best uses for something are the simplest.

...I should say, however, that even when ignoring... certain applications, many of the uses for invisibility are of dubious legality and morality.
World's best puppeteer should be reason enough for everyone if you ask me.

BirdyItty

Inkling
NNID
Funny2101
Switch Friend Code
SW-5944-5824-2398
Ooh, this is a hard one.

I think I personally prefer flight, but I'm not choosing either team until I see which team has less players, so I don't end up playing against people in the same team as me 90% of the battles.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
I think I personally prefer flight, but I'm not choosing either team until I see which team has less players, so I don't end up playing against people in the same team as me 90% of the battles.
Once you confirm which team Pearl represents, then you will know to go onto that one for more battles against the actual enemy team. ;)

Well I hope people will actually make things more even. Both choices being pretty good may make for more even votes. I would still bet on Marina (likely invisibility) getting more votes by default in North America at least if that's where you are.

Egg Queen

Full Squid
I'm going to go with team flight because the idea of flying instead of walking to all of my classes sounds great :^) Oh, or flying up into the sky to get a nice view of a mountain/sunset/etc.!

SillySocks

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-8373-4160-3827
Born and raised in Hawaii, now live in Wisconsin. Airfair to and from to visit family and such can easily cost more than a grand round-trip. Flight it is for this fest. xD

Foxtrot

Full Squid
Flight because in general I feel it has much more practical use. As everyone else has already said, Invisibility has to many, stipulations. Plus the only things you can really use it for are, shady at best.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Flight's usefulness to me depends on the level of control. If I can speed up and slow down with precision, that'd be great for getting around and doing all sorts of tasks (just get a helmet). Traffic would be for chumps, hah.

AlphaOmegaSplatter

Inkling Cadet
NNID
phs2003
Switch Friend Code
SW-5305-7165-0622
Is no one going to bring up the fact that when you go invisisble, your body is still there, so people would still notice you there? For hopping on a plane for free airfare, you till have to go through security, unless you hide in a suitcase.

ForteReborn

Inkling Commander
NNID
ForteReborn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5389-7346-0792
Third time is a charm, isn't it my dearest clam shell while holding the most precious pearl there is?

I choose team flight due to many reasons: Being on an aircraft carrier, and seeing jets exchanging sonic booms. Many of my favorite video game characters acquire the gift of flight, and also birds. I love birds and their evolution of how their wings are nothing more than modified scales to lift themselves. It also doesn't help that I seen a lot of movies from the 80s using jets for montages, and several music videos.

So as my battle theme for this splatfest, I am going to be using this:

Last edited:

Wosie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
purpleWosie
Switch Friend Code
SW-7996-5480-4886
Flight. Always flight! It's just one of these questions where there's no other option for me. Even if you were to choose any 'super power', I would still pick flight. :) I've had such glorious dreams in the past where I've flown, no other feeling measures up to it. :3

ForteReborn

Inkling Commander
NNID
ForteReborn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5389-7346-0792
Settled. Changing my squid's name to Maverick during this Fest. :cool: But if I'm crashing and burning too often, I'll change it to Goose. ;_; Oh nooo, Goose! </3
Or..."Sitting dog", might suffice. (Wait text limit, ugh.)

My splat brella clothes already look like a jet pilot, so I know what I will be using for this splatfest...Ohhhh yeaaaah....

Globin347

Inkling Cadet
NNID
ThePowerPigeon
Is no one going to bring up the fact that when you go invisisble, your body is still there, so people would still notice you there? For hopping on a plane for free airfare, you till have to go through security, unless you hide in a suitcase.
You could carefully walk past security.

Globin347

Inkling Cadet
NNID
ThePowerPigeon
Flight because in general I feel it has much more practical use. As everyone else has already said, Invisibility has to many, stipulations. Plus the only things you can really use it for are, shady at best.
That's not entirely true- There are some non-shady or even heroic ways to use invisibility... but your point still stands, as one can think of far more dubious uses of invisibility than helpful ones...

In fact, now that I think of it, invisibility would be a difficult power to have, because if the world knew you had it, nobody would trust you. It would be hard to make friends, and many locales would try to prevent you from entering their premises. The knowledge of your power would also cause a spike in sales of infrared cameras.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom