Next US Splatfest: Pirates VS Ninjas

Sol64

The RNG God of /r/Splatoon
Team Art (by a very close margin though), nearly every Japanese Splatfest and probably some EU ones that I do not care to look up had both popularity and wins on their side.
EVERY Japanese Splatfest has won by popularity alone so far.
Art/Science is the only NA splatfest to have done this
Rock/Pop and Messy/Tidy are the only EU splatfests to have done this.

Every other splatfest has had popularity fail them including the close Planes vs Cars one.

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
According to Inkipedia, Rice, Milk Tea, Grasshopper and Tsukkomi had both wins and popularity

Chaos_Knight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Cha0sKnight
If only the Ninja Splatfest shirts had the Ninja Squid ability instead of Special Saver...

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Well, I think this is the first Splatfest where I'm trully split into two. I'll probably go Ninjas, but I'm not sure >_>

Also, x6 for wins? Why not just make popularity not affect the result and call it a day? It's already clear that Nintendo doesn't want popularity wins o_O

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
EVERY Japanese Splatfest has won by popularity alone so far.
Art/Science is the only NA splatfest to have done this
Rock/Pop and Messy/Tidy are the only EU splatfests to have done this.

Every other splatfest has had popularity fail them including the close Planes vs Cars one.
How about NA Cats vs Dogs and Marshmallows vs Hot Dogs? Those had popularity help them.

blu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
blu_64
One Piece vs. Naruto :p

I'm kinda torn. But yeah, I'll probably go with Pirates because of One Piece. I can even dress up luffy style with the games outfits! (being a ninja is gonna be a hard pass though :( )

Last edited:

Brunosky_Inc

57% Squid Kid / 43% Hipster
NNID
Brunosky_Inc
Oh, so that's the Splatfest? Well, I sure hope somebody picks up that phone...

We should have a costume-themed Splatfest. It's about time Nintendo invokes the legendary Pirates vs. Ninjas Splatfest.
BECAUSE I FRIGGIN CALLED IT!

I don't know about you guys, but I know what battle music I will be playing this Splatfest!

Last edited:

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
Having weighed my options, despite being a Brush Ninja...
Which reminds me, inb4 Miiverse posts saying Pirates can't have any Ninja related things. But that's the beauty of being a Pirate. We do not care about honor.

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
I'm going to throw a curveball at you guys:

If ninjas prove to be more popular then they're going to lose, you know why? (more bad players in the mix)

Check out the results of the previous splatfests.
I don't think the popularity affects wins, but the demographic. Take Marshmallows vs Hot Dogs. Naturally, as kids love sugar, more young players decided to do Marshmallows, and they were much less skilled. Take Rock vs Pop as a second example: Pop is targeted to a younger generation while Rock has been around longer and is often targeted to older people. Not saying that younger players are always worse, but generally, people less than 10 are less apt to making strategic decisions and have less experience with videogames.

As with this splatfest, I have no idea which is more popular. This time, I'll just gauge the miiverse posts and choose which side seems to be more popular. I want to do Team Ninjas, but I rather not be stuffed in tons of matches against my own team.

aceofscarabs

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Which reminds me, inb4 Miiverse posts saying Pirates can't have any Ninja related things. But that's the beauty of being a Pirate. We do not care about honor.
Inkbrush can be a cutlass too. If they really want it I can switch to my Octobrush and trade Turfing power for more PVP kick.

Misha

Pro Squid
NNID
Misha21
I cant really decide which one I want to be but purple and green again? I was hoping for different combination in color.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
This is a long running debate on what's better, Pirates vs Ninjas. Now we can settle it in SPLATFEST!

Going with the Dark Assassins of the Night, the Ninjas. I plan on doing as best as I can. And my brother is picking Pirates and I want to rub it in his face if my team beats his, like a good ol' sibling rivalry.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom