• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Nintendo has already included a Multiplayer tournament option?

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
yeah, if mk8 and smash can have it, i'm sure splatoon will, as well. i just hope they do it well, like it's a real double-elimination style tournament mode for teams, and not just a really basic bracket like the kind found in previous smash games that aren't even used by the competitive community
How would a tournament mode work, anyway? Like.. what if it's not double-elimination?

FunkyLobster

Inkling Commander
NNID
FunkyLobster
How would a tournament mode work, anyway? Like.. what if it's not double-elimination?
i think the tournament mode in every smash game to date is single elimination :/

hopefully there's a double elimination and even round robin option for smash 4 once the tournament mode comes around

and hopefully it's the same for splatoon

HaDeeZ

Senior Squid
I too think the writer misspoke and meant ranked matches when he said tournament mode, the idea of some sort of public online tournament mode seems like it would be a nightmare; if it was feature of an online private then that would make more sense but the article doesn't give that impression. I mean if other console FPS games such as CoD, Halo etc. with relatively big competitive scenes and developers that are much more friendly too and supportive of their games competitive communities I really can't see Nintendo adding such a feature.If they do have any sort of tournament mode I wouldn't hold my breath that it is anything more complex than the mode we have seen in previous Smash iterations that is designed for their 1v1 mode on local multiplayer we're people can pass around the controller.

FunkyLobster

Inkling Commander
NNID
FunkyLobster
I too think the writer misspoke and meant ranked matches when he said tournament mode, the idea of some sort of public online tournament mode seems like it would be a nightmare; if it was feature of an online private then that would make more sense but the article doesn't give that impression. I mean if other console FPS games such as CoD, Halo etc. with relatively big competitive scenes and developers that are much more friendly too and supportive of their games competitive communities I really can't see Nintendo adding such a feature.If they do have any sort of tournament mode I wouldn't hold my breath that it is anything more complex than the mode we have seen in previous Smash iterations that is designed for their 1v1 mode on local multiplayer we're people can pass around the controller.
hopefully the tournament mode is just like mk8's except with more options (double elimination, custom rules like more or less time, etc)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom