• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Nintendo now considers Splatoon a major franchise.

Smashington

Senior Squid
Inkling boy and Rosalina are missing.

Disappointed.
Space Peach hasn't been a main cast character since Galaxy (3D World doesn't count since she's unlocked post-game as an extra). I'm overjoyed she's not there because she's not even remotely as important to Nintendo as anyone else in that picture, especially considering how they've been shoving her down our throats the past few years as if she were

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
Space Peach hasn't been a main cast character since Galaxy...
I'd stop now if I were you. Complaining about her and using an unoriginal insult isn't going to maker her go away.

Anyway, I'm really glad. Splatoon sold 2.4 million copies on the Wii U of all things on top of being a new IP. It's a permanent addition to Nintendo's family and I can't wait to see what Nintendo does with them in the future.

aqua46

Inkling Cadet
I'd stop now if I were you. Complaining about her and using an unoriginal insult isn't going to maker her go away.

Anyway, I'm really glad. Splatoon sold 2.4 million copies on the Wii U of all things on top of being a new IP. It's a permanent addition to Nintendo's family and I can't wait to see what Nintendo does with them in the future.
agreed, but now i want to see space versions of the princesses... all of them.

Smashington

Senior Squid
Maybe if you bothered to look beyond the first few words of my post before dismissing what I had to say for using an 'unoriginal insult', you'd see the point I was trying to make about Rosalina, which was that Nintendo's been marketing this character with no real relevance to Nintendo history and literally no defined personality for a while with the other main Nintendo characters as if she was one when she isn't, for no justified reason other than having another female character.

Also I'm not sure if you've used any form of social media in the past 5 years, but you'd be surprised what enough complaints can do.

Edit: Not to derail the thread, I'm happy that Nintendo's new IP has been successful for them.

Last edited:

Brunosky_Inc

57% Squid Kid / 43% Hipster
NNID
Brunosky_Inc
which was that Nintendo's been marketing this character with no real relevance to Nintendo history and literally no defined personality for a while with the other main Nintendo characters as if she was one when she isn't, for no justified reason other than having another female character.
There are the reasons why you got dismissed. Have you ever considered she's actually a popular character amongst many fans? And "no defined personality" is honestly laughable when one of the many reasons she's liked is because she's one of the few characters who's actually shown quite some depth in the main Mario series, and she's not a damsel in distress to boot.

Last edited:

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
Maybe if you bothered to look beyond the first few words of my post before dismissing what I had to say for using an 'unoriginal insult', you'd see the point I was trying to make about Rosalina, which was that Nintendo's been marketing this character with no real relevance to Nintendo history and literally no defined personality for a while with the other main Nintendo characters as if she was one when she isn't, for no justified reason other than having another female character.

Also I'm not sure if you've used any form of social media in the past 5 years, but you'd be surprised what enough complaints can do.

Edit: Not to derail the thread, I'm happy that Nintendo's new IP has been successful for them.
I did read the whole thing. It's nothing I haven't heard from Gamefaqs. Maybe that's a better place to complain about her than here. And you'll have to deal with her being part of Nintendo, whether you like it or not. The Galaxy team loves her, Mr. Miyamoto doesn't mind her, and she's popular with the fans. There's no reason to stop adding her to games. Your made up rules aren't an reason, sorry. And the complains are minor compared the overwhelming amount of fans she has, why do you think her amiibo is worth so much?

Edit: I will end our conversation here as it will only go on and on. Don't expect me to reply if you challenge me.

Smashington

Senior Squid
I did read the whole thing. It's nothing I haven't heard from Gamefaqs. Maybe that's a better place to complain about her than here. And you'll have to deal with her being part of Nintendo, whether you like it or not. The Galaxy team loves her, Mr. Miyamoto doesn't mind her, and she's popular with the fans. There's no reason to stop adding her to games. Your made up rules aren't an reason, sorry. And the complains are minor compared the overwhelming amount of fans she has, why do you think her amiibo is worth so much?

Edit: I will end our conversation here as it will only go on and on. Don't expect me to reply if you challenge me.
As tempting as it is to challenging thy mightiness, I've already stated why I don't like Rosalina and it's clear you're not going to budge on your stance about my opinions on Rosalina being incorrect.

Demonic Labrys

Pro Squid
NNID
Omega_Snakey
But i gotta thank Splatoon for helping me come back to video games.... especially shooter cause there no good games in this generation for me until Splatoon (which i heard about in August) got me and now i love the game.... maybe better than Halo (well the fun factor though XD)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom