• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Nintendo Switch Reveal Includes Splatoon!

Nintendo surprised the world yesterday with the announcement of a preview trailer for their upcoming home console, the NX. This morning, that trailer has finally come -- our first look at the Nintendo Switch.

Splatoon makes an appearance towards the end of the trailer, notably in a large stadium for what must be an esports event. If you look closely, you may notice some details in the Splatoon gameplay shown that do not appear in the current release of the game.

The Nintendo Switch will be in stores in March 2017~

TheRapture

Comments

I noticed that while it may just be because it's a trailer,
it seems like the formation the team spawns in is different.

This is all I can really gather from the footage shown in the trailer:
  • New Hairstyles (more customizability)
  • New/Custom Gear (more gear, probably allowed to make your own)
  • New/Custom Weapons (more weapons, probably allowed to make your own)
  • New Spawn-Plate (different type of spawning and spawn-plate thingy)
  • New Poses (different poses, probably change according to what weapon/customized pose)
  • New Map(s) (Of course new maps, why not? Probably will have old maps remastered with new things)
  • New Form of Squid (SplatoonJP twitter said it themselves)
Now these are my predictions/questions:
  • Splatfest again? (maybe? may not?)
  • Callie and Marie still there? (I don't know, could get replaced by children or other relatives)
  • Story Mode (possible multiplayer and singleplayer. I really hope multiplayer)
  • Lobby/Plaza (It isn't only you that can move. Everyone is allowed to walk around and interact with players)
  • New Weapon Types
  • Customizable Music (you can change the music if you want to)
  • Private Battle (Bots?)
  • Transfer Gear/Profile (able to transfer your gear and profile things from Splatoon Wii U to Splatoon Switch)
---

But seriously, that green one with the headphones one makes me want to get this game so bad. AND LOOK AT THE PINK GIRL'S HAIRSTYLE!!! I am glad the Nintendo Switch is releasing near my birthday! I will be able to get this game!

I really want Splatoon to embrace the "Switch" concept by letting players switch weapons throughout a match, specifically during a Ranked match. Imagine when you die, you can switch your weapon to adjust to the enemy team or cover a class your team needs covered.

Awesome! According to certain (fairly credible) sources, this appears to just be an updated port. Regardless I am excited!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom