Nintendo vacates Jackpot’s 2024 World Championship title

sevenleaf

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
they/he
Switch Friend Code
SW-5819-4806-4093
given that they've said they're reworking the banner, and not completely removing it, i get the feeling the takedowns of the world champ related news posts are temporary while they get the new thing in, and they'll make a new, jackpotless post about it once that's in. i really doubt they're going to leave this in a state where there's a certain banner that only some people in the game will have because they happened to look at a news post before it was taken down
totally meant to respond to this hours ago. oops

i'm referring to more than just the news post giving the banner (they've taken down social media posts and website content as well) but this is a really good point. i think a lot of us (me included) jumped to assuming that the beginning and end of nintendo's solution was gonna be erasing everything jackpot-related when this very well could be a temporary solution, or the first step towards a more permanent way to address the jackpot issue without pretending the world championships didn't happen the way they did

i do think it's not a great solution to scrub all references to the team and call it a day, because trying to cover up mistakes like that generally isn't great. i think it's important for us as the splatoon community, at least, to acknowledge that jackpot existed... because players like them getting that far in the scene is a sign that we need to put in more effort to cultivate a healthy community. i don't really think that's what nintendo's interested in, though, so i don't know what to expect from them on this front.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom