• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Nintendome: Burst-Canceling Tutorial

Hey there squids and kids! There are several advanced techniques within Splatoon that when used can really give players an edge and keep them splating! The folks over at Youtube channel Nintendome have nade a ThInk Tank video that talks all about Burst-Canceling. Want to know what Burst-Canceling is and how to maximize it to its fullest potential? Be sure to watch the video below! Be sure to check out Nintendome on Youtube as well for more excellent Splatoon content.

Comments

Thanks!View attachment 1586Although actually, I'd actually kinda like my SQ link first and then the conversation one line down in description, if that's ok. (And would asking for a shilling annotation as well next the the like one at the start be too much, just asking in case you're comfortable with ti, no need to do it if you don't wanna.)
And I already mentioned this on YouTube, but I'll just mention it here as well for everyone else, glad to see you figured out a way to make Burst Canceling work with Sloshers, their damage amounts were just to perfect to not be able to cancel.
It's also kinda surprising that it's only the Burst Bomb end lag that's canceled, I really thought that the end lag of the Carbon roller flick as well at least.

Oh, and random thing, I did link you to a video showing off Burst Canceling in the conversation we had, right?
Google+ seems to have devoured my last comment in that chain, so I'm really not sure if I did or not.
Fixed. In my testing, only the burst combs can be cancelling- not the slosh/flick/nozzle.

And Google+ usually marks links as spam :[

You can also "cancel" the burst bomb animation by becoming a squid. I don't see any "lag" anywhere. Yes there's a follow-through animation but you can still do literally anything during it. "Cancelling" the animation has no benefit in itself, unless you just don't like the looks of the animation.

Unless I'm missing something.

Also this video compares burst bomb + flick/slosh vs just flick/slosh with no burst bombs at all, which has nothing to do with burst cancelling and is very misleading. A better comparison would be against waiting for the burst bomb animation to finish before flicking/sloshing. (But who would do that anyway?)

Maybe I'm just hung up on the term "cancelling", which you did address in the video. To me it's just priming your flick with a bomb to get some quick initial damage to ensure the splat with the flick. Whether you cancel the animation or wait and reposition is just a situational detail.

Am I the only one that thinks that the carbon roller is OP?
Within it's range, yes. Outside of it, not really, which balances it out for the most part. It can get annoying to fight them on maps where you can't exploit their shorter range (Urching Underpass, Saltspray Rig, Blackbelly Skatepart), but they're still splattable

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom