• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Non Ranked Splat Zones.

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
I wish there were non ranked splat zones simply to fool around a bit or test new weapons and strategies. I get that it would probably spread the install base too thin, but I feel bad trying to test new stuff and possibly bring my team down. Last night while trying out a few blaster weapons and the ink brush I ended up dropping from A- to B+ to B. My fault, definitely, but it would still be nice to not be punished for trying something new. It also is hard to test them out in turf wars because the objectives are different and the fighting isn't in a central area/people are easier to splat since their objective is just covering ground.

BluEyes

Senior Squid
I wish there were non ranked splat zones simply to fool around a bit or test new weapons and strategies. I get that it would probably spread the install base too thin, but I feel bad trying to test new stuff and possibly bring my team down. Last night while trying out a few blaster weapons and the ink brush I ended up dropping from A- to B+ to B. My fault, definitely, but it would still be nice to not be punished for trying something new. It also is hard to test them out in turf wars because the objectives are different and the fighting isn't in a central area/people are easier to splat since their objective is just covering ground.
Turf wars are best for testing. Splat zones does not quite make it being casual. By being ranked, it offers 5 minutes of really intense euphoria or rage quits and thats what i like about it. But I understand where you are coming from and I do believe nintendo made turf wars for such purpose.
Some might say you can practice if there were to be a non ranked splat zone, but its never going to be the same since in game decision making is hugely affected by pressure which only ranked battles provide.

Kaliafornia

Splatin' through Inkopolis with my woes....
NNID
Kaliafornia
Make another account/mii. Grind to 10 then test out in splat zones. A bit tedious but its good to always have a second account for things like that.

Ictoan

Full Squid
NNID
Krrrrg
Is there anyway to get around grinding to 20 to get all the guns?

Azza

Pro Squid
NNID
Barricade31
There are one million owners of this game. I don't think they'll be spread too thin.
Not all of them will continue to play, or put in very little hours. Add in timezones, the active number playing at any given stage would be a lot lower.

I'm in the middle regarding ranked and non ranked for each of the game modes. It would increase the waiting times or mismatches.

Kaliafornia

NNID
Kaliafornia
Not all of them will continue to play, or put in very little hours. Add in timezones, the active number playing at any given stage would be a lot lower.

I'm in the middle regarding ranked and non ranked for each of the game modes. It would increase the waiting times or mismatches.
This so much. Mismatching is already an annoyance at times and every 20-30 games or so I get in a room that fills up with 7 people and the timer runs out due to not having an 8th.

SHUTupNrocK8

Pro Squid
NNID
SHUTupNrocK8
As I had stated in my thread, Nintendo need to add all of the Ranked game types as Regular battles as well so we can play different game types with our friends OR add the ability to play Ranked with our friends. This is a must. I can at least Team Speak with my friends to communicate commands and give info. Why isn't this a thing?

Twinkie

Full Squid
NNID
Twinkiman
What about custom lobbies? If those are actually going to be a thing, we can just gather friends to do it.

Kaliafornia

NNID
Kaliafornia
As I had stated in my thread, Nintendo need to add all of the Ranked game types as Regular battles as well so we can play different game types with our friends OR add the ability to play Ranked with our friends. This is a must. I can at least Team Speak with my friends to communicate commands and give info. Why isn't this a thing?
It's going to be a thing in August, it's already been announced.

Kaliafornia

NNID
Kaliafornia

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
What's going to be a thing? Voice chat (lol, doubtful), ranked friend matching, or all regular modes? And link? I wasn't aware of this announcement.
No voice chat, but we will be getting the ability to match make pre-made teams with one another, as well as provate, custom lobbies. No additional Regular Battles, but the private lobby is going to be the closest you are going to get with that. At least it is a custom lobby as well, so you can have fun tweaking the settings they give us.

SHUTupNrocK8

Pro Squid
NNID
SHUTupNrocK8
No voice chat, but we will be getting the ability to match make pre-made teams with one another, as well as provate, custom lobbies. No additional Regular Battles, but the private lobby is going to be the closest you are going to get with that. At least it is a custom lobby as well, so you can have fun tweaking the settings they give us.
Thank you, and the custom lobbies will definitely be something the competitive community and myself will be happy about, especially when it comes to hosting tournaments. Sorry for all of the questions, is it confirmed that there will be pre-made friend matchmaking in ranked?

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
Thank you, and the custom lobbies will definitely be something the competitive community and myself will be happy about, especially when it comes to hosting tournaments. Sorry for all of the questions, is it confirmed that there will be pre-made friend matchmaking in ranked?
Yes, you and your friends can team up, and then it will pair you against other people and their friends. Not sure how well this will work, since waiting for another full team might take longer, and how is it going to rank you, if there is even a rank for premades at all.

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
Turf wars are best for testing. Splat zones does not quite make it being casual. By being ranked, it offers 5 minutes of really intense euphoria or rage quits and thats what i like about it. But I understand where you are coming from and I do believe nintendo made turf wars for such purpose.
Some might say you can practice if there were to be a non ranked splat zone, but its never going to be the same since in game decision making is hugely affected by pressure which only ranked battles provide.
But at the same time its hard to test out kill power in turf wars when people are walking around blindly spraying and everyone is spread out. It's not impossible, but it is harder and doesn't have the same objective and way you play it. I guess I get what you are saying because someone could simply use the non ranked mode to goof off and it would be the same issue.

Make another account/mii. Grind to 10 then test out in splat zones. A bit tedious but its good to always have a second account for things like that.
Thanks- I might actually do that or continue to dip down and climb back up because of how much cash you can make (I just recently surpassed the 1,155,000 mark *gloats*- there needs to be more to spend it on, though.)

Kaliafornia

NNID
Kaliafornia
Thanks- I might actually do that or continue to dip down and climb back up because of how much cash you can make (I just recently surpassed the 1,155,000 mark *gloats*- there needs to be more to spend it on, though.)
I spend mine all on reroll abilities for the perfect combos or I would have around that much too. But agreed we definitely need more things to spend money on.

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
I spend mine all on reroll abilities for the perfect combos or I would have around that much too. But agreed we definitely need more things to spend money on.
I only have done a few rerolls, but I figured I would only use sea snails for rerolls since that is there only purpose where as gold has more options. I haven't tried to get perfect gear, but soon. Really wish they released more variations on each style with different main perks and branding because the backwards hat is my favorite but I don't care for its main perk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom