North America Splatfest not on this week?

Pinko

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Pinkolol16
I think it's being pushed back because then the fest afterwards is just after Christmas, when a lot of new players will come with the game for their first Splatfest maybe
themes might be easier then

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
I think it's being pushed back because then the fest afterwards is just after Christmas, when a lot of new players will come with the game for their first Splatfest maybe
themes might be easier then
I guess that makes sense. Even though we'll have to wait a week or two more, it'll be a good time for new players to get into the idea of the event and how Super Sea Snails will factor into the game.

Heroine of Squids

Inkling Cadet
NNID
bellpendant
To think, the last NA Splatfest was a really controversial one due to Team Pirate winning despite Team Ninja getting more votes. We might get another theme soon along with EU.

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
To think, the last NA Splatfest was a really controversial one due to Team Pirate winning despite Team Ninja getting more votes. We might get another theme soon along with EU.
I remember people used to complain about Team Cats losing despite their better skill. People just love to complain.

Last edited:

sega

Inkling
NNID
sagasaves
did anyone else love that japanese splatfest?! i played ranked while they were splatfesting, it was nice to not play with so much lag!

Axeliira

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Axeliira
I figured that the holidays are probably the main reason why we might not be getting a splatfest. Unless they come up with a seasonal-themed splatfest like winter versus summer or even snowboarding versus sledding. Those are just my opinions though!

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
I figured that the holidays are probably the main reason why we might not be getting a splatfest. Unless they come up with a seasonal-themed splatfest like winter versus summer or even snowboarding versus sledding. Those are just my opinions though!
Unlike Thanksgiving, Christmas is something familiar to people all around the world. You may get something like that.

Or North America will get North Pole vs. South Pole.

Glass Eater

Pro Squid
Uuug, I was out of town during Halloween's Splatfest.. I don't care if I miss it, just make them more frequent for the sake of keeping the game alive.

I'm starting to think they should overhaul the system, Splatfest's give me a reason to get on and play. I shouldn't see a decline in them, Holiday's or not.

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose
Uuug, I was out of town during Halloween's Splatfest.. I don't care if I miss it, just make them more frequent for the sake of keeping the game alive.

I'm starting to think they should overhaul the system, Splatfest's give me a reason to get on and play. I shouldn't see a decline in them, Holiday's or not.
So new weapons and maps aren't enough for you? Hell, We got 2 new weapons this week and a new map last week, and likely to get another next week. What more do you need dude?

Glass Eater

Pro Squid
So new weapons and maps aren't enough for you? Hell, We got 2 new weapons this week and a new map last week, and likely to get another next week. What more do you need dude?
I'm not asking for much mate, making a simple Splatfest is hardly anything compared to a new map (Which I'm not asking for). I love new maps, and to be honest- Yes, new weapons are not enough for me. Unless it's a completely new weapon (like the Slosher) 80% of the time it's not a new weapon but simply a new "Combination" of weapons and subs, I don't have much care for that.

Splatfest has been a Splatoon "thing" for half a year now and it's a cool idea. I don't see how delaying them helps the game at all (and again) launching a Splatfest is nothing like creating a new map, a whole different team works on that.

So you want my complete honest answer on what more I want? I want more Octo Valley content, and YES I'm willing to pay extra. Just as long as I'm allowed to download it through digital, none of this amiibo out of stock garbage.

Lorbeerprinz

Full Squid
NNID
lorbeerprinz
I guess it would make sense to postpone the next Splatfests for a bit. If NoA and/or NoE had done one now, they would have been basically bound to make one at the end of December to keep the schedule up, which is a bad time due to Christmas and New Year and so on. However, if they do one at the beginning (or middle) of December, holiday themed or not, the next one would happen relatively early into January for new players who got the game for Christmas, but not so fast that they'd have no time of getting accustomed with the game first.
Though personally, I wouldn't even care if there was no Splatfest at all, I still have tons of snails, don't care that much for most topics and usually get tons of lag and disconnects (ironically enough). I can just as well play regular battles and get the same results.

Smashling79

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Linkmaster3000
I have a feeling our next Splatfest theme will be for Star Wars instead of Xmas with the new movie coming out soon and all the hype around it. If they end up doing it I'm hoping it would be Obi Wan Kenobi vs Darth Vader

Glass Eater

Pro Squid
I have a feeling our next Splatfest theme will be for Star Wars instead of Xmas with the new movie coming out soon and all the hype around it. If they end up doing it I'm hoping it would be Obi Wan Kenobi vs Darth Vader
"IF" they were to actually do Star Wars I can almost promise it would be Rebels vs Dark Side, or Jedi vs Sith.

Pinko

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Pinkolol16
I guess it would make sense to postpone the next Splatfests for a bit. If NoA and/or NoE had done one now, they would have been basically bound to make one at the end of December to keep the schedule up, which is a bad time due to Christmas and New Year and so on. However, if they do one at the beginning (or middle) of December, holiday themed or not, the next one would happen relatively early into January for new players who got the game for Christmas, but not so fast that they'd have no time of getting accustomed with the game first.
Though personally, I wouldn't even care if there was no Splatfest at all, I still have tons of snails, don't care that much for most topics and usually get tons of lag and disconnects (ironically enough). I can just as well play regular battles and get the same results.
Uh going by our times if the Splatfest is announced this weekend for the beginning of December, then the next one will be just after or on Christmas. Before, it would've allowed for the Splatfest this weekend, and the next one to be mid-December.

They're probably going for the beginning of Dec. fest so the Christmas one can be holiday themed at all.

The Splatfest should've been this week, in literally a day or something time. If they're postponing it a week, then they will do it when kids will get it in Christmas.

however they've been real quiet...

Heroine of Squids

Inkling Cadet
NNID
bellpendant
God no, I don't want to see a Star Wars theme for the next Splatfest. The franchise is such a laughingstock to me anymore. I'm not a fan, but I have seen some awful things to come out of it like that crappy Kinect game.

PrinceOfKoopas

Inkling Commander
NNID
PrinceOfKoopas
Don't confuse "Having a feeling" that it "will be" something for "I really wish it was this!"

It won't happen.

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
I honestly wish there was a way to gain seasnails outside of a splatfest because splatests are such a chore nowadays. The same three maps for 24 hours...often with a huge discrepancy in skill level on teams. The first couple were fun because they were novel, but if it weren't for the snails I'd completely skip them.

I'd love the ability to gain snails after hitting level 50 as a way to keep "leveling up."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom