Now that they've all been announced...

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
The new N-Zap is going to destroy the meta. If this thing doesn't come with heavy depletion, it's going to have an even bigger impact. It's the first straightforward shooter since the 96 Deco to come with Kraken, and this one lends itself to the aggressive Tentateks that will now have Krakens to spam to cover themselves when they get too aggressive.
So less Tentateks, more N'Zaps = Meta Destroyed!? I'm not really seeing it, I mean plenty of run n gun type weapons with invincibility specials exist already, so while it's great the '83 isn't exactly new or anything.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
"Meta destroying" is such a hyperbolic statement anyway. People thought the charger nerfs would make them less popular and yet they're still in most matches. There's no point in speculating, we don't know which way the silent majority is going to jump.

Ulk

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Die-Ulk-Nudel
None, but I'll buy them all. I only have interest in Heavy Splatling among those 8 weapons, and that already has the Heavy Splatiling Deco, which has a superior kit than the Sheldon's Pick one.

Hitzel

Inkling Commander
NNID
Hitzel
So less Tentateks, more N'Zaps = Meta Destroyed!? I'm not really seeing it, I mean plenty of run n gun type weapons with invincibility specials exist already, so while it's great the '83 isn't exactly new or anything.
Well it's not going to actually destroy anything in a negative sense, but it's by far the most powerful new weapon we've gotten in a long time and it will change things.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Well it's not going to actually destroy anything in a negative sense, but it's by far the most powerful new weapon we've gotten in a long time and it will change things.
What things? :confused:

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
The fact that the gun is going to be insanely good and the fact that team comps can throw an invincibility super onto the tentatek slot.
We have plenty of great weapons already and nothing is forcing you to use a Tentatek on every team comp so it doesn't seem like anything has really changed. Yeah I'm clearly not a tournament player and don't really follow them so you could write me off as a know nothing scrub, but with all the weapons and strategys we have I really don't believe the only team comp that can do well is still just E-Liter/Dynamo/Tentatek/Splash Wall. I mean if the '83, a weapon with a completely different kit could replace the Tentatek then why not many other great weapons like mah boi the L-3D?

SkyBlue

Inkling Commander
The neo-splash since it got updated in vol.1 is probably the weapon that competes the most with the tentatek, but even so I don't see any less tentateks then I did before vol.1 and the new nzap won't change that either (well initially with hype and all but overall usage it won't.)

The nzap has great run speed naturally, and yes it's getting kraken/a good kit for it, but just because it has kraken doesn't mean it's broken or breaking the meta by any means. They won't have kraken the entire time even if it comes with 'light depletion', they won't always be able to react fast enough to pop it when a tentatek or whatever weapon inkzookas them, or they get sniped, blasted, you surprise them and shoot them.. and if they do pop it a kraken doesn't signify instant death to you or your teammates. And like previously mentioned it takes 1 extra shot to kill, and that can make a difference. Especially when you and the enemy are trying to out-strafe the other but their weapon needs less hits to splat you.

Also weapons with splash wall already have an advantage over the nzap '83, the main weapon will take too long to shoot down the wall, point sensors won't hurt it, and while kraken will take down a wall it will eat up your special to do so and give them plenty of time to get away.

The nzap will be good, great even in the right hands, but nowhere near meta breaking.

~

I'm most excited for the bento charger, walls will give me so many options with it! The cherry-3 will be fun to test though I don't like the feel of the main weapon so it won't see much use from me. The new splatling will be fun to play with too! The roller will be interesting though I doubt I use it enough to figure out how to use it efficiently.

Hitzel

Inkling Commander
NNID
Hitzel
We have plenty of great weapons already and nothing is forcing you to use a Tentatek on every team comp so it doesn't seem like anything has really changed. Yeah I'm clearly not a tournament player and don't really follow them so you could write me off as a know nothing scrub, but with all the weapons and strategys we have I really don't believe the only team comp that can do well is still just E-Liter/Dynamo/Tentatek/Splash Wall. I mean if the '83, a weapon with a completely different kit could replace the Tentatek then why not many other great weapons like mah boi the L-3D?
Nah I'm just talking about S/S+ rank in general.

None of the other invincibility weapons are straightforward shooters aside form the 96 Deco, this thing's going to be all over the place lol.

Hitzel

Inkling Commander
NNID
Hitzel
The neo-splash since it got updated in vol.1 is probably the weapon that competes the most with the tentatek, but even so I don't see any less tentateks then I did before vol.1
The Neo Splash is good, but there's not many people with a reason to switch to it, since the 4-shot takes getting used to and it speaks to playstyles that aren't very common. The new N-Zap on the other hand definitely has a reason for many people to use it.

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
The Neo Splash is good, but there's not many people with a reason to switch to it, since the 4-shot takes getting used to and it speaks to playstyles that aren't very common. The new N-Zap on the other hand definitely has a reason for many people to use it.
I don't follow. The N-Zap is also a 4-shot. What do you mean about uncommon playstyles? It makes sense that the '83 would be hugely popular because it's finally a shooter in that range tier that carries invincibility, but I don't get the other points.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Nah I'm just talking about S/S+ rank in general.

None of the other invincibility weapons are straightforward shooters aside form the 96 Deco, this thing's going to be all over the place lol.
Ah, well then we can only wait and see! I personally think that yet again the most used weapons will still remain the most used with Tentatek on top. They've already endured so much, a slight variation on the Jr./L-3D/Neo Sploosh should be nothing to them, that's what I'm betting on anyway!

When you say straightforward shooter, do you mean that it has good accuracy, so Custom Jet Squelcher? That weapon is the opposite from all over the place!

SkyBlue

Inkling Commander
I face a ton of neo splashes in S+ ranked and have used it myself, I would actually put it above the tentatek in terms of how good the weapon is. Neo splash can easily get in the enemy's face and splat them. It spreads ink faster than the tentatek allowing it to be even more mobile, and burst bombs even help it trap squids in ink, which the main weapon can do without a lot of the time.

Point sensors+Kraken? that's not a reason to use it unless that is your playstyle. The sploosh is better up close than it, but the nzap gets range. The Heavy Splatling Deco out ranges it.

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
The N-Zap is a 4 hit too, far as I remember

Hitzel

Inkling Commander
NNID
Hitzel
By straightforward shooter I mean something like Tentatek or Pro, as in there's no big movement restrictions (Nozzlenose, Zimi, etc), long killtimes (CJS, etc), or range problems (Sploosh, Jr, etc). Aside from 96, all of the other weapons in the game have something preventing them from being a straightforward move, aim, shoot weapon.

The thing about the 4-shot I meant is that 4-shot weapons take a little getting used to and not many people tend to think it's worth learning it when it comes to Neo Splash.

For the record I think that Neo Splash is great and as far as I know am the most successful Neo Splash in tournaments since the buffs, what I mean is that the general population of main slayer Tentateks don't often have reasons to use Neo Splash.

Neo Splash also has really great uses as a hybrid Slayer/Support weapon, but support playstyles aren't very common in this game and I don't think it's very typical for a Tentatek to want to slay less and support more.

Spiderface

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Spiderface1992
I'm going to be putting in some practice with the Cherry H-3. Long range, powerful, splash walls AND bubbler? Sounds like a great set to piss people off with!
That is always what I look for in a weapon.

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
I think the competitive meta is actually more role focused than e-liter/dynamo/tentatek/splash wall (not being a competitive player, just speculating). It seems pretty map and mode dependent. I've seen lots more splatterscopes and plenty of teams with no tentateks (usually 2 gals). I feel like you usually need at least one kraken (.96 or krak-on) for pushes or defense, one suction bomb for zoning (berry pro or tentatek), one echo (eliter, dynamo, or dual squelcher), and one wall (.96 or .52). You also need a inking weapon that can gain map control easily. Tentatek fills that roll too. So you've got at least two weapons that can serve two functions. The new NZap might be another one of those multi-function weapons, which means it is more likely to see competitive play.

Now that I think about it, I might actually use it. I wasn't really interested before, but all this discussion has changed my mind.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
By straightforward shooter I mean something like Tentatek or Pro, as in there's no big movement restrictions (Nozzlenose, Zimi, etc), long killtimes (CJS, etc), or range problems (Sploosh, Jr, etc). Aside from 96, all of the other weapons in the game have something preventing them from being a straightforward move, aim, shoot weapon.

The thing about the 4-shot I meant is that 4-shot weapons take a little getting used to and not many people tend to think it's worth learning it when it comes to Neo Splash.

For the record I think that Neo Splash is great and as far as I know am the most successful Neo Splash in tournaments since the buffs, what I mean is that the general population of main slayer Tentateks don't often have reasons to use Neo Splash.

Neo Splash also has really great uses as a hybrid Slayer/Support weapon, but support playstyles aren't very common in this game and I don't think it's very typical for a Tentatek to want to slay less and support more.
Ah I guess I see what ya mean. Well if you're right then atleast the most used weapons group is finally getting shaken up a bit. Having N'Zaps instead of Tentateks everywhere could be an interesting change of pace, I certainly wouldn't mind that.

Hitzel

Inkling Commander
NNID
Hitzel
Okay after playing the new weapons, the N-zap is really good, but the Grim is just broken so far holy crap.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom